Orphic Love (WIP) – Chapter 5 now LIVE – Play Chapters 1-5!

Welcome to the forum! I’m exquisitely pleased to hear a game with this intriguing premise will be in Heart’s Choice catalog at some point. It sounds directly up my alley.

4 Likes

Wow, thanks for sending this over! This is going to make for an amazing soundtrack to finishing Chapter 6 :partying_face:

3 Likes

@Anathema So glad to hear it! I think Ares can be so overlooked in modern retellings – hopefully you enjoy my interpretation :slightly_smiling_face:

@Parasitic_Bread He truly does!

@XaosMinion you can indeed! Hope you have fun doing so :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Vengeance Thank you so much! Everybody has been so lovely and so helpful, the game is already so much better for it :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

when there’s a greek mythology game and I can’t be gay :broken_heart:

13 Likes

I really like the game! I can’t wait to play it or BETA test it if possible! Can’t wait for this Greek Tragedy to break my MC’s heart or be something amazing for her!

1 Like

Aphrodite: disrespects the hell out of me and asserts romantic dominance you won’t be getting what you want, my boy toy’s off limits
Me: BUT THE ONE I WANT IS YOU–

Also. . .
I kind of sort of slightly maybe wanna slap Morpheus. Just once. A smaaaall spat between enemies-who-may-or-may-not-be-future-lovers. The biting quips aren’t enough to satisfy my thirst for chaos…
Or, y’know, use our powers to beat him into the centre of the Underworld, hold a funeral pyre with symbolic flowers, then haul his ass back and reconcile over a pint of ambrosia in a dingy Greek bar.

Okay, I’m not that violent, but maybe I can smack some kindness into him. :sob:

2 Likes

So we are basically playing a version of Melinoë

2 Likes

And speaking of hade’s kids, seeing this portrayal of Zagreus is a little jarring after being so use to his portrayal by Supergiant games.

4 Likes

hi Lidia! I’m already loving this WIP, thank you so much for your hard work on it <3 I may be the only one running into this issue but I can’t seem to move into Chapter 2. I tried both Chrome and Firefox to see if maybe that was the problem, but still got an endless loading bar in both browsers. Have you heard anything similar from other users? Or have any recommendations for what I should try? tysm!

4 Likes

@theresnoway maybe next time? :wink:

@Stee thanks for the lovely feedback! Maybe it will do a bit of both?

@eskapehellskape Aphrodite’s a hottie, isn’t she? As hot as Morpheus is slappable :joy:

@Carson_Lindsey Yes! The idea was sparked by the Orphic Hymn to Melinoe. Big fan of Supergiant games’ Zagreus myself :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Oh no, sorry to hear you’re having trouble! I had a quick look and all seems well on my end of things. Will investigate further and report back. In the meantime, thanks for reading and for the kind words :blush:

1 Like

One thing that might help is to label the chapter start pages with something like:

Chapter One

I realize in the final copy there might be chapter headers etc.
In the current demo, there are no indicators that tell the reader that they moved to a new chapter once they hit the advance bar at the end of the previous chapter.

4 Likes

No worries and no rush! I’m going to restart my computer and do some updates; maybe that’ll help. Thank you for checking <3

1 Like

I would try clearing my cache/incognito tab, we don’t have any other reports of this.

Thank you Mary - I tried both an incognito tab and clearing my cache, updating and restarting my computer, and nothing worked unfortunately :confused: I’ll keep trying things and will report back if I’m able to figure it out lol. thank you!!

3 Likes

Will there be a save option added in the future?

3 Likes

tell me when you found a fix for that , i have the same issu with firefox

1 Like

like it , is something differnt what i usely prefer on wip content. was first a bit skeptic but in the end its a good story so far, keep up that good work :slight_smile:
have the same issu like @fellglow ad some point i cant move further becouce of endless load

ps: oh yeah and welcome to COG

1 Like

OMG I just devoured this in one sitting! I’m really enjoying it and can’t wait to see where it goes. I also can’t choose, I want to smooch them all. I foresee many playthroughs in my future.

2 Likes

I am so inlove with this WIP but I can’t get to chapter 2 :sob: I’m experiencing the endless load just like fellglow and DropsCity1992

3 Likes