Oria - The Weeping Prince (WIP)

That’s interesting. How is this implemented? Do you have to replay, or is it just cosmetic trappings of the culture so far and nothing that’s come into play plotwise?

1 Like

Plotwise it’s not implemented as i am just finishing chapter 1 but itll be important regarding magic and politics later.

Parizian Men are not as adept at learning magic as flexians are. (Flexians often married with Zelionorians (who in turn are half-elves) ages past.) But parizian men struggled for a long time so they’re tougher.

Flexians are a more elvish subculture of the Imperial Men.

Imperial Men are those from the Duchy of Aemilia that enabled the Unification of Men. Are neither the strongest nor the most adept at magic but have a high reputation amongst Men.

7 Likes

Chapter 1 of the Demo is finally finished

Furthermore, I have begun to write on Chapter 2, which will perhaps be one of the most important Chapters as you will be meeting two of your Companions, as well as the Emperor and his court.

And some other stuff, that will be revealed within the chapter.

The current Demo is around 38k words, an improvement from when I originally posted the Demo at 9k words.

As per request from 46% of the voters I have created a Tumblr as well where I will be posting updates, as well as some other stuff and of course be answering questions regarding the IF and the world itself.

That said, do you guys prefer If I were to make smaller but frequent updates (such as these I have posted) or longer but less frequent updates (depending on the size of each chapter, the frequency of the update will vary.)

• Post shorter but frequent updates
  • Post longer but infrequent updates
0 voters
6 Likes

Hello!
Is this error caused by my old saves?
chapter 1 line 189: Invalid indent?
Expected an #option here, not *label

1 Like

Yes, this seems to be an error caused by an old save as it does not show up when i go through the hair options. Could you try again with a new and fresh save and let me know if the error still persists? If it does I’ll get on to bug fixing right away.

2 Likes

Yeah, everything is fine now. No need for bug fixing. Thank you!

1 Like

Very promising. You do the tone of a scene a lot better than many writers I’ve seen here.

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Sometimes saves can cause some bugs, but it should be fine in most cases.

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate it. It’s not always the easiest thing to properly write a scene in a way that leaves you happy afterwards.

My MC is female but keeps being referred to as “son”

Must be an error with the if labels can you tell me where that was so i can fix it?

Yeah they do unfortunately. Though when yours get longer! I promise to read it.
Thank you for understanding.

I just wanted to drop a small message that I am currently still alive and working on the finishing touches of chapter 2 (which is atm around 40k words); but may have it done after Christmas as I am currently suffering from covid, or at least the symptoms of it.

7 Likes

Ugh. COVID sucks. Have as good a holiday as you can manage, okay?

4 Likes

I will certainly try to haha, but yeah it sucks, especially when u had it before already

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.