Older development thread (The Aegis Saga - Blood)

I finished the demo and I really did enjoy my self, I like the style of your writing I loved Ria, and the story is really enticing, but my very messed up mind did pick up on some things, whether they are intentional or not? is another story.

I have to admit I did enjoy my name being picked for me with the simple explanation of what my name represents.

Unfortunately, I kept checking the stats screen after every choice (stupid habits…) which was annoying, but I thanked my lucky stars I didn’t have to keep track of all the important stats. :sweat_smile:

The problems that I had have already been mentioned and im sure you’re working on them so there is no need to reiterate.
Overall keep up the hard work!

1 Like

Nope, I thought so too. Now you can rest easy, because my mind is only filthy, not rapidly decaying. On a serious note, @nightcap, I don’t see how “they all want you, will pay for you” can possibly be construed as an architect.

Okay all you reprobates.

This evening I’ve:

• stripped Ria of sex-work related references.

Honestly. . . if I could wash your minds out with soap.

Ewan on the other hand. Well, he’s intended not to be above a bit of innuendo, bare-backed or not.

I’ll admit I also included some sensuous language in the tower chamber - I wanted it to increase the creepiness / sense of danger for Ria. I think I’ll leave that in.

• added the choose your own name function

• put more choice into the prologue

• experimented with a ‘skip’ function on Ewan’s backstory, plus a tiny explanation of why Anselm’s telling it. Look I know he’s boring but he’s like a 70 year old man, cut him some slack.

• made sure its clear guys can like guys and girls can like girls this was clearer in chapter 4 (not included in the demo), but I see trinnie’s point.

good night!:sleeping:

3 Likes

Wow. How do you see Ria’s point, considering that she never once posted on this thread?

1 Like

I liked Ewan back story. But my character was …Why grumpy verses are telling me this? Is he in love with Ewan? My character didn’t trust Ewan However, she go with him because Even being a child She knew that rogue mercenaries would definitely destroy a village to get what they want. Going with them apparently like a good girl, could save her life , opening opportunities later to escape or at least survive. She doesn’t care about others so she was fine

I played to about right after the broken toy thing. I have one thing for it. A-W-E-S-O-M-E. It’s great, and I think that when you’re done, CoG would accept this as a Hosted Game!

1 Like

Thanks shawniepie, that’s really nice of you to say :smile_cat: I’m very happy you’re enjoying it so far!

Haha, did I not mention the :sleeping:

trinnie did say she like Ria a lot and wanted to control her in the prologue = nameswap!

Glad some peeps are spotting Ewan doesn’t seem entirely trustworthy. Let me know if this is too obvious at the moment. Ewan’s also meant to be likeable in a roguish sort of way, I’m not sure if you think that’s achieved through chapters 2 and 3.

I do like the nickname/byname ‘grumpy verses’ so I am hereby appropriating it for myself - my Endish name is now nightcap grumpy-verses
Always fancied a double-barrelled name. Makes me sound sophisticated.

4 Likes

You said it so nonchalantly XD

2 Likes

Okay, so I’m back from work. And after the supermarket and pizza, I want to get my teeth into ‘the animals of Mara’.

Working idea I’ll be mulling over between the aisles -

Scylla
Palm-sized river spider that lurks in darkness. Hunts by paralyzing and displaying brightly coloured fish between its forelegs, attracting ‘mates’ into its reach and then preying upon the romantic.
Associated personality types: subtle, poisonous, intelligent

Courser
Light, fast and strong. Horses prized in the Lydian states, where young girls and boys undertake risky journeys to the Arrantine Plains to capture the noblest and wildest mares and stallions.
Associated personality types: noble, social, headstrong

Wolf
Overhunted and rarely found, the wolves of the Endish Peninsula are only seen in great numbers on the eastern side of the Red River, in the area known as the Barrens.
Associated personality types: independent, loyal, patient

Dormouse
Enigmatic, semi-tame and sometimes dangerous, the jewelled panda is highly celebrated in Arantine sound and song as it’s rich varicoloured fur compliments their ritual dance and display.
Associated personality types: kind, joyful, non-confrontational

Jewelled Panda
Enigmatic, semi-tame and sometimes dangerous, the jewelled panda is highly celebrated in Arantine sound and song as it’s rich varicoloured fur compliments their ritual dance and display.
Associated personality types: proud, wilful, charismatic

How does that sound everyone?:grin:

The description for Dormouse and Jewelled Panda are the same, but I liked them!

Gah! Well spotted. Could you give me a short sentence of dormouse inspiration? Won’t be back home for 15mins

My main concern is my girl is subtle and use poison BUT seduction is an essential element for back stab and use poison. Trying poison someone being ugly and not charismatic… Except you are a real doctor you won’t have a chance at all. That’s why stories and games portrayed poisoners and assassins as beautiful women seducting men. Sucubus, Lamias Sirens… Using charisma if not. So I would suggest change Intelligence for Charisma or seduction. Cunning is not same as Intelligence. There are tons of people who don’t know how read and are cunning as hell.

1 Like

Then I think I might change the spider to:

Associated personality types: subtle, poisonous, seductive

I feel like Charismatic would be a better fit than Seductive, simply because Seductive carries the kind of sexual undertone that would exclude other kinds of manipulations. I seem to remember that a great deal of poisonous animals also carry bright, beautiful colors, so… Enticing? Appealing? Captivating? Enchanting? When you talk, they listen.

I dunno, Seductive may be the best one at the end of the day. Just a couple of ideas.

2 Likes

Also, what does poisonous means, aside from the obvious “uses poison”? In terms of personality, it is. Does it mean the person is ruthless? Deceiving? Treacherous?

2 Likes

Well, in Spanish means not only the obvious. Means a person ruthless treacherous… that spreads her sin to others too. Like Imagine a person who corrupt others to obtain a gain or just because. poisoning their virtue or soul. I think is a poetic meaning, no clue about English though.

2 Likes

That’s a persuasive argument.

Scylla
Associated personality types: subtle, poisonous, charismatic

that means swapping out charismatic from another animal, so perhaps:

Jewelled Panda might be:
Associated personality types: proud, wilful, dominant

I’m thinking that the Dormouse can be described as:

Small and agile furred rodent with large eyes, small claws and little sense of territoriality - except in the mating season. Frequently found foraging in the boughs of trees or sleeping in their nests.
Associated personality types: kind, joyful, non-confrontational

1 Like

Okay. . its 12:00pm, and I’ve just implemented the ‘animals of mara’ stats screen change.

It is now uploaded in the demo - so your decisions affect the animal you’re identified with. Phew. .
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes