Older development thread (The Aegis Saga - Blood)

It’s hard to stay mad at a walrus :smiley:

1 Like

Precisely why so many gentleman and lady authors have moustaches :triumph:

I’m looking at you Brandon Sanderson

1 Like

Walruses can get pretty mad though.

The ninth one down is so totally me. :joy:

4 Likes

I’m expecting to release the STAGE 2 BETA to testers after I hear the theme announcement for @Lordirish’s 4th CS comp.

I am opening this up to 10 or so more beta testers if any of you are interested. :grin:

2 Likes

I’m releasing the FULL STAGE 2 BETA. All chapters are now available for testing.

PM me if you’d like to help finesse the ending

1 Like

@Charles_Parkes I’m ready. Let the games begin. :smiling_imp:

-ducks as a billion publishers throw copyright infringements-

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Me I wanna beta!! But now i have to sleep 2:00 am

1 Like

Thanks guys, you’re great : )

@poison_mara,

don’t get too annoyed with me yet about the evil path - it still needs work :grin:
so feel free to give your normal amazing feedback and I’ll try to improve the evil options as we go.
:ice_cream:

1 Like

@Charles_Parkes, I’m just going to be adding things as I go along.

1. I love love LOVE the new letters. It adds a whole new depth to Samiel(is it?) and emphasizes the impending sense of urgency.

There’s a little issue here with the sentence being broken into a separate paragraph.

It might just be me, but the gerunds sound a bit redundant. You could say something "it is exhilarating to stand " or something like that.

3.Ah, and when that bit of magic or “glyf” explodes from our forehead, how is the mc able to see it?

The sudden ending made me scratch my head a little bit, but I assume you’re withholding parts of it to polish it up.

1 Like

@Silhuetta - this is amazing :grin:

Are you happy to post to the beta-testing thread to avoid spoilers once you reach the end of the demo section :yum:

Love the detailed feedback. Really, really helpful - though I’m going to have to look up ‘gerund’

Sounds like one of @zilla’s animals!

2 Likes

Ouch - looks like my demo attracted a 1 star review on the Interactive fiction database - someone who looks to have done the same to around 600 stories. Not a good start for me :cry:

There will be haters. I’ve had people create accounts just to “dislike” my posts… and they “disliked” them to the point that they went back an entire year’s worth, disliking them all …

Negative attention is still attention and it will sometimes lead to the positive type.

3 Likes

Thanks @Zolataya. I think it was also the difference between the amazing atmosphere on the CoG forum and all the nice things that people say and do for each other -

the real world comes as a bit of a shock! I appreciate you making me feel better. Though your experience must have been awful. . .

It allowed me to mature and grow. I did not take the hate well at first. Still have lapses … just part of life.

3 Likes

Point me in the right direction- cause I’m about to throw down. :triumph::angry:

This obviously deserves more than one star. Some people have no consideration for the amount of blood, sweat, and tears that go into a project like this.

1 Like

Thanks @Silhuetta, that’s really nice of you to say (realise I’m being a bit pathetic :smirk:)

Alright!

I have my sketch outline for the Short Story Competition!

The theme is poisonous intent - and it’s taken me a while to engage with the theme and really understand what I want from it.

IT WILL BE SET IN ERIS

IT WILL BE CONNECTED TO BOOK 2 OF THE SAGA!

but. . . spoilers ; )

wish me luck everyone - this is going to be tough. And I hope some of you will be so good as to beta-test it later this month. :grin:

3 Likes

Noticed this typo (is that the right word for it? lol) at the bottom when reading through; love the story so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice one @Wicked_Hearts - have changed and will be in the next upload.

Plus that’s a two for one deal too - the search caught a similar error

1 Like

Okay - who wants early access to chapter 1 of the short story for the 4th Annual CS Comp, which will be integrated into Book 2 of The Aegis Saga?

Be warned - its at a very early stage, without much in the way of choice (more will come)

PM or tell me here on the thread😘

2 Likes