((((OLD, NEW REMASTERED VERSION LINKED!)))) Keys (Fantasy WIP, Updated 9/5/18)

Very interesting so far! I actually feel like there is a portion of the demo that could be expanded on in the future. The part about whether we are excited, nervous, or angry feels like it should lead into a flashback about our past. For excited, it could say about how the PC had been dreaming of getting their own familiar for as long as they remember and studying for the test far into the night before. For angry, it could instead be about how the PC’s parents had forced them to attend the school against their own wishes. As for nervous, I don’t know exactly how to tie that into a backstory, and throwing up could just be a “I want to skip past the backstory” option.

3 Likes

Man this is a great idea! I will hopefully make plans to implement this in the next update. Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Something’s wrong with the stat for Kioko.

Ahhhh I love Kioko so much. My favorite roommate <3 I… didn’t like Cadence. But the others were nice, and Kioko is perfect.
I can’t believe the demo ends theeeere! I want to meet our familiar! sigh

Please keep updating ? <3

2 Likes

Yesss, just found the resolution! Finding time to tweak the coding is all, thanks so much for providing screenshot etc! Also, definitely! I’m really really glad you like it; don’t worry, I don’t plan on abandoning this :slight_smile: thank you!

6 Likes

Last sentence there should be a link

Definitely getting this game

1 Like

Great story! :slight_smile: I chose the option of vomiting after being accepted and I loved it how the narrator comforted me XD

And the roommates options were great.

I want to play more.

4 Likes

Awsome start definitly a game i would love to play through completely

2 Likes

Love it so far, only in the introduction part where I’m about to meet roomies but one thing struck me. The summoning requirements though… they remind me of a certain method too used by another wizard.

1 Like

10/10 Would vomit again?

2 Likes

Requirements? Explain? :, )

1 Like

Yes I would XD, my stomach has strong feelings.

1 Like

Me: Hey! M_San! We got in! We’ve been accepted!
M_San: :face_vomiting:
Me: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Me: :face_vomiting:
M_San: :face_vomiting:
Me and M_San: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Just wondering why teachers and students are am opposed pair.

2 Likes

Explained later, but basically, students in this age are in a “rebellious” sort of phase, so if you do something to piss off the teachers they love it lol.

That is it! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

i really like how everything looks so far. i can’t wait to see more!

btw, i hope you don’t mind me asking but what is your reason for choosing this particular set of animals as the PC’s familiar?

2 Likes

To be quite honest, I simply wanted to add some mainstream magical creatures (like the Phoenix, dragon, and pegasus), and also some that aren’t TOO often used in stories (like thunderbirds, amaroks, griffins, and chimaeras.) But I don’t have a specific reason for adding any of them. I would have made more options available, but I plan to make scenes that are unique to your familiar type, and if I added more, I’d have to make more scenes.
Thanks for asking, glad you liked it! : D

6 Likes

i won’t lie. i am hoping for a few options (like maybe three) to be stat-locked. anyways, i’m excited to see the upcoming features of your story.

1 Like

Great start, Kioko is adorable. Picked Amarok as mine familiar.

1 Like