Not in Need of Rescue WIP - A Fairytale Adventure - NOW WITH PLAYTEST FOR PROLOGUE!

There might be an issue in how I coded it, let me check I’ll get back to you :relaxed:

Ok so here are the questions I coded for “Extrovert Agree”:

• You get energized when spending time with others.
  • Others would describe you as talkative and outgoing, and you can start conversations easily.
  • You tend to speak before you think, and you like to work out ideas with others.
  • You can start conversations easily, even with new people.

Like I said, you wouldn’t necessarily have to do everything “completely agree.” I have completely agree as +3, mostly agree as +2, somewhat disagree as +1, negative versions for the disagree side, and neutral does nothing. So there are many ways for you to arrive at a 50-50 score.

This sounds really cool! :smiley: BTW, have you considered adding King Arthur to the list of stories?

King Arthurs not a fairy tale (then again Alice and Journey to the West are in the list…)

BTW, this is to the author: Maybe if you decide to do a series of games you could use ‘Snow White and Rose Red’ for one of the fairy tales.

I actually got rid of using Alice and Journey. I narrowed down the tales I am using to the following:

• Cinderella
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Robin Hood
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
  • The Little Mermaid (plus Thumbelina parts; Hans Christian Andersen)
  • Rapunzel
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Aladdin
  • Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
  • The Three Spinners
  • The Snow Queen
  • Hua Mulan
  • Tarzan
  • Hansel and Gretel
  • Iron John
  • A Thousand and One Arabian Nights (frame story)

Fairy tales are usually short, which is why I am using them instead of literature; lots of room for interpretation, and easy to get the jist of the story. The only exception is Tarzan; but it holds the #2 place for “literature most used for film,” right behind Dracula. It also fits ATU 535.

The reason I am using 16 is because I am associating a character from each tale to an MBTI. I needed tales which either had protagonists with very distinct personalities (ie Mulan, Tarzan, Cinderella) or ones that had completely un-described protagonists which I could make up personalities/backgrounds for to fit MBTIs. I also wanted to diversify based on place of origin for the tale and ATU classification.

BTW, Beauty and the Beast is technically literature as well, although we regard it as a fairy tale an indeed “beastly husbands” is an ATU classification. Many scholars believe the story has roots in the Greek mythology of Cupid and Psyche. Lots of interesting history, I’m totally nerding out over this stuff :yum:

Well fun fact; a couple iterations of Robin Hood place him in King Arthur’s court! But that wasn’t attributed to the tale until much, much later. I haven’t considered using King Arthur mainly because it’s already been done in other CoG stories (see Pendragon Rising and the Guenevere WIP)

King Arthur is a fun person to write for since he was around when magic was said to exist, and also people have more knowledge about him than they do with any other king.
And as for the nerding it out other Mythology, join the club :sunglasses:

Haha well there is an abundance of magic in this WIP :sparkles::unicorn:

That’s what makes your story interesting, other than the great and also clear story structures :slight_smile:

Aww shucks thanks :blush: I am having so much fun with this so far… call it my fairy god child lol

Hehehe, good pun :thumbsup:
And I think that everyone here can agree that their story is their child, I know I get protective of my writhing very easily so no one judge me!

Tarzan of the Apes happens to be my favorite book, all-time… Not sure if I’d consider it a fairy tale, though. Of course, I’ll definitely play your game if I get to play as Tarzan. Nothing like taking on the wilds and fighting dangerous wildlife because your parents weren’t smart about who to hitch a boat ride with.

Just a warning, while the stories of Tarzan are in the public domain, the name is still copyrighted… so you’ll be playing as Zantar lol

So, are we going to be playing through each of the stories, despite our personality type matching up to one specific character?

that would be a good thing to do, in my opinion, then that way the reader can experience the other choices they didn’t make…just saying that’s all :slight_smile:

Ooh, Beauty and the Beast sounds interesting, particularly if the protagonist needs to also fight the Beast or something.

Yup! Not sure yet how I will work out the stat checks in the story; still writing~

I hadn’t even thought about fighting lol. But now I want to put combat in the stories. Now I need ideas for stats! on second thought, I have plenty of stats already lol. I think I’ll make combat about choices, ie how you deal with it, not based on skills. But the choices will relate to personality traits.

Hey guys, I’ve been plugging away doing some character development for the fairytale protagonists. After that’s done I plan to work on Robin Hood first. In the meantime, have a funny video clip of Rapunzel! :wink:

Update: I’ve decided to get rid of the “outer self” stats to just focus on the MBTI stats. This makes things much simpler for me when developing choices and story branches.I will also be adding “Renown” to show how well-known you are, which I think fits the premise of playing as a “legend” very well.