Norif Chronicles: Vol 1 daughter of Aine

@poison_mara
I will invest in a few of the games to play to see what their system is like. I could not find a detailed layout of the concept, just the games. In the mean time scraping the opening of the game as it really does not fit the new rules. Was going for more like fallout opening setup. Now think more of a straight pc sheet setup then going into the story.

As far as magic goes I am considering dropping direct attack spells, such as fireballs, magic missiles, etc… You will have to be more creative. Such as you may have Freeze Lake. You could freeze the lake cross with a creature in pursuit. Then once across disspell the magic dropping the creature into the water hopefully drowning it. Of course this will cause a great deal more coding on my part.

The skill set is going to very wide and able to cover a lot. So if you choose to be a rogue you merely need to study the correct set of skills. Of course poisons will be included. You will be able to buy them on the black market or acquire the skills to make your own. This would be a little more complex as you would need a mix of skills to be able to create your own, such as herb knowledge, poison types, and alchemist knowledge. I also think I will have a way for you to mix and try to create new poisons such as they did in Whitcher.

@poison_mara
Alright have played it and must say it is fun but feels more like a d20 setup then the classic style. I have never been a fan of the d20 systems. I also want more of the action as far as rolls to happen in the background as to not bug the reader down. Of course I may add a choice to roll all the dice yourself. For the few of us that enjoy it. :slight_smile:

You won me already with the possibility of making your own poisons, I already imagine the critical failure, death you could have if you try make a poison without the skills

@poison_mara
Ow I like that idea. Doing some research into poisons. I am thinking off the top my head but it would be a base plus alest to active ingredients.

I don’t know if it is intentional (and I have very slim experience with games involving dice) but I can pretty much always come up with 14 or 15 in every single catagory during my initial stats-setting when I’m rolling and rerolling.

Also, oddly, on this last roll through, Intelligence says I have 12 maximum and am currently at fourteen.

Small typo:
A fear only a child can know shoots up your spin.
*spine

@Fiogan
Thank for the feedback. I am currently rewriting the code and going for a more streamline pc sheet setup. So will be dropping the current opening.

As far as hitting 15, that is the top out number. I will be address the problem in the next bacth of code.

I did want to give the player that took the time to roll out their stats a better chance of higher stats.

i get undefined term dagger when my father explained to me that liking black explosion means shadow magic, unless that’s where it’s supposed to end?

It might be useful to define what the numbers mean before we roll the dice.

For example, 3 is worst and 18 is best, but what does that mean? At int 3 are we just mentally dull, or are we outwitted by potted plants?

@stsword
It is where it current ends.

lol good points, will adsress this with the next batch of coding. Thanks.

Interesting so far. :slight_smile: When reaching the point where my father explains types of energies, I get an error : Uncaught error: line 209: label dagger already defined on line 56.

I was playing as a guy-as a girl, I got an error sometime after my birthday party; I think that was already mentioned in one of the posts above.

EDIT: When playing the girl, when that old guy comes to check on me, he says “I’ll check him up” instead of ‘her’. ^^

And here’s the exact error from before: line 6: nothing should appear on a line after else: (gender=female)
It happens right after I tell my siblings it’s my party. :smiley:

@Rebelmaiden Thank you for the great feedback, Currently working on a rewrite of the system. Will be adding a PC setup first then starting the story, I have no time yet as working on many new ideas for the game.

@poison_Mara
I have been working on a system for the creation of poisons and I have made a fair bit of progress. Just wondering what type of poison you would like to see.

it was fun but when you choose your name on your birthday and the twins choose theirs when you click next it comes up with line 6:nothing should appear on a line after ‘else’: (gender=“female”), is that supposed to come up

@Azraeldrake9
Thank you. It is a bug, however I am doing a complete rewrite of the opening. I have built the rules from the ground up. So the opening will be scrapped. I am currently writing a player sheet setup. From there it will launch into the game.

Error relating to dagger showed up after I chose the color black…

@All
Here is the link to the new direction of the game.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80005171/Main%20copy%20Norif/web/mygame/index.html
It is in a rough state. Still debugging where you roll your stats.

Once I fix the roll dice I plan on adding the fillowing:
*Flaws roughly 30 flaws to pick from
*Skills currently have a list of 300
*Magic pick your spells
*Family Inheritance sets how much credit you get to start with.
*Backstory sets where begin in the game
*Shopping Clothing/supplies/equipment/ animals

That should round up the player sheet.

Ok have updated both links to point too the same opening index now. Fixed countless bugs and thought I had it running correctly. Uploaded and found a few more. But need sleep so will try again this weekend. Take care all.

when I set up my pc sheet when I clicked intelligence it came up with line 163: Invalid expression, couldn’t extract another token: #Social skill.

@Azraeldrake9
I was able to replicate it on line yet works fine on my desktop. I will look into it deeper tonight. Thanks for the bug find.

Agggu
So I am testing @CJW Desktop IDE, great tool, and the program runs fine for rolling your stats. Have tested in Firefox, IE, and Notepad ++ from my desktop. Have checked it against the online IDE still good. Yet when uploaded it to my server it fails. So I am forced to loaded it into Dropbox. Works fine from there. So there may still be some bugs in the program but it wont be due to the server.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80005171/Main%20copy%20Norif/web/mygame/index.html
While you all point out any bugs you hit I will be moving on to writing the flaws section. Thanks all.

I am happy to say I have the Flaws section working. So far I have added:
Absentminded
Anxious
Arrogant
I have list of roughly 60 flaws you will be able to pick from. I will be spending most of this weekend programming as it is slow going to add the flaws.