NEW Update! Agents of Lucifer (WIP) UPDATE POST 256!

I dint manage to read very much because using the Lyrical I instead of You throws you out of the story… I mean you Only Watch what happens you are not part of it so I’m only watching not acting… That feels a it of to be honest with you… I don’t have a way to dive in because like I said I always have to watch… So The Mc just feels like Any Other rdm person :confused:

1 Like

That’s cool, brother. Everyone here understands that family comes first. Hope everything goes well with your grandmothers hip surgery. We’ll still be here when you get back. Until then, take care of your Grandma. Love her and cherish her, from personal experience i know how hard it is without mine. Enjoy everything minute (every second) with her.

7 Likes

We hope everything went well .

2 Likes

The premise is interesting. Too bad the narrative use 1st person rather than 2nd person perspective which i used to. Having hard time enjoying it. But then it might be better that way because i’ve seen in this forum there is more 1st person perspective wip lately. 1st person perspective might be the norm now. Idk

1 Like

Update!

(As Posted On Tumblr)

Hello, hello!

My grandmother made a wonderful and smooth recovery, which means my services are no longer needed. We had fun all the way through-- except the first couple weeks-- and I kept her fed. I shall be putting myself back into writing, as I did a very touch and go approach while I was with her. Although I am at a slight stumbling block, I’ll probably just go to the following scene because it sounds fun.

I apologize for having not yet uploaded anything for Patreon this month! I need to look through my listed ideas, I don’t have anything ready made that I can use. Not even a mildly interesting deleted scene.

Thank you for your patience! It’s very appreciated.

31 Likes

@PrismaticSpace Glad to hear that your Grandmother had a smooth recovery :+1:t3: Glad you’re back too, brother :grin:

6 Likes

Update!

(As posted on Tumblr)

When did I last post a meaningful update? It feels like forever ago!

I’ve gotten a lot of writing done these past couple of days and wowie wow, I think I’m actually getting close to the end!?! Can you believe it? I have a couple ideas for how I want it to end, but we’ll see when we get there. I even got a “deleted scene” I could post in the future, as well as a sneak peek!

At first, I really stressed myself out trying to come up with ways to offer replayability to its fullest, but then I figured… This is still my first go at writing an IF (despite Amberwood). And I’d much rather write something I’m happy with and feel proud to have published. So, I apologize if that feels somewhat lacking! I don’t think this will have multiple endings either, as in: A): the perp got away, B): you caught the perp, C): you got the perp, but got some major change to your character, etc.

Right now, it’s looking like it will have ~12 chapters, depending how I break things up. Which leaves me wondering about the WIP/Demo and where to end that… And then there’s all the testing, oh goodness. And I STILL have to figure out art, lord help me.

So, I’m going strong thus far! ALSO, I’ve been wondering about posting shorts related to Valentines Day this month, so if you have any ideas/suggestions, please send them my way!

For now, thank you for reading! Keep an eye out for a sneak peek here and sneak peek+ on Patreon!

32 Likes

@PrismaticSpace can’t wait, brother. Love to see more romantic interactions between MC and whoever we choose to romance. Still love everything else you got :blush:

2 Likes

Tiny sneak peek for Chapter 9

(As posted on Tumblr)

((I’ve decided from now on, I’ll post sneaks here as well, for those who don’t wish to go on tumblr or anything. A means of convenience?))

Tempers flaring— and artwork assumingly destroyed— the guard leaps into action at incredible speed. The second he crosses the threshold, his back to me, I dash for the door.

I swing it open and throw myself inside without hesitation. Though I ease the door shut until it clicks, when turning to the room beyond, the sight makes my breath catch in my throat.

(See what lead to this on Patreon!)

25 Likes
Found it! The reason Eugene's "him" pronoun was filling in with "his" instead. All are screenshots from the ch1 code.

On a separate note entirely; I tried out the 'hostile loner' style of MC, and while it was tough to be rude/mean to the team, the following scenes result in me wanting to just hug 'em all.

Nike, do your children know they are precious? :pleading_face:

download (2)

1 Like

Ahhh, Lady U, t h a n k y o u! That was so frustrating-- because I wasn’t finding the mistake :sob:

But thank you for the finding that AND liking the group! That was a fun scene to write, in all its variations (although I wondered if i could use some tweaking… :laughing: )

3 Likes

Early Morning Update (Minor, but important)

(As posted on Tumblr)
I want to post this now in case I forget later: I’m nearing the end of finishing the base writing of the book (this means only one path is written out). My mother, bless her, is willing to read it and help me with pacing and several scenes. There’s one or two towards the end I struggled with immensely, but I know her insight can help!

After doing so, THEN I will upload another update which I think will be another 3 chapters… or perhaps only two. Because there aren’t a ton of chapters. I have NO idea how the next stage of testing goes, so that will be fun, much less submitting for publication. But, my next concern, following the next update or so, is the artwork. I still haven’t a clue what to do, beyond knowing I want the icon, at least, to reflect the case the book focuses on. I think there’s, like, loading screen art too? Or something??? I’m so lost- @-@

I will be uploading a short for Patreon this month, I apologize it’s coming so late! I wasn’t able to come up with individual scenarios per RO focusing on Valentines Day, so there will be a single long short, like last month. All the ideas I have for Patreon I can’t yet do in fear of spoiling anything I’m not yet ready to reveal. Ugh. If I come up with anything in the end, I’ll write it and upload it, even if it is March by then!

On a slight side note… Book 2 looks like it’s going to be WILDLY different than what I had in mind originally. I was thinking: “maybe this could be book 3, and what I had planned could still be 2… but what happens here is pretty important and something you want to tackle first and-”

…I still need to organize my tumblr. I sweat at the thought, because I don’t know how to do what I want.

22 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.

Where I’ve Been: I’m SO sorry.

(As posted on Tumblr)
I’m honestly surprised I haven’t come onto tumblr, or even the forums, with waiting messages of people asking where the heck I went and why I went so quiet.

My absence was not planned.

To keep the explanation short, it was a mental health absence. After a week, I was okay with having been quiet, because it wouldn’t have been the first time. But my wellbeing plummeted to depths I haven’t quite been at! Close, but not quite. I AM OKAY. So, no need to ask, in case anyone is tempted. Things are better.

I ended up distancing myself heavily from Agents of Lucifer too, I think the most work I did for it was note a scene I want to include that I’d think would help with pacing and the investigation aspect. I still need to type everything for review and heavy edits. I HAVE been writing this whole time, but the project has been therapeutic for me. I’m not entirely sure why but I’m not questioning it.

I’m sorry I left without warning. This goes to tumblr, the forum, and patreon. It doesn’t make me look trustworthy as a creator, I feel, especially when I don’t have regular updates or steady content flow to patreon. While writing this… I think I have something I could do for you guys. How would you feel about a second POV (you vs I/me)?

41 Likes

pat pat you’re so me! welcome back anyways, take care of yourself is important more than anything, we mute our phones for a reason right?

And to answer, personally I prefer second perspective in if, but if it’s someone else’s POV I’d prefer third perspective… Not sure if I catch your question correctly. :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

AS POSTED ON TUMBLR:

MAJOR NEWS: AGENTS OF LUCIFER
Okay! After debating this for some time, I’m just gonna do it. I was hesitant and scared to do so😂. Last Monday, I FINISHED THE BASE WRITING for Agents of Lucifer! Thank you, @pdrrook and @nacregames for being my cheerleaders! Nacre especially, I’m such a wuss.

So! What comes next?
What I’ll be doing is typing up the draft for the first stage of editing. With the help of my mother, bless her, she’ll be reading it all and editing even more; this time with her perspective. I think I’ll be typing up the other scenes for the choices to save me on paper lmao (yes, I’ve been writing this entire thing on paper). If you’re curious, so far, the page count is roughly 40 pages and that was partially into chapter 3. Word count, as I remember, was below 15k.

What happens to the previous version of AoL?
The first three chapters were already made into a demo and will remain playable if you want to read it for any reason. HOWEVER, everything following that will be made into Patreon content.

Speaking of Patreon…
I have a lot I need to conjure up! Obviously, there will be deleted scenes. Some may be mere blips, and others longer. Should I include why it wasn’t added? Are writer rambles interesting to you guys?

Asks are always, of course, open. Feel free to ask anything!

Future content? I really want to make stickers… and prints. I’ve been watching a lot of artist live streams these days and I’d love to do one somehow.

THAT SAID: I don’t know when the new WIP will be available. It might be some time so I’ll need to get to work on that Patreon stuff. I’m both exicited and terrified!

This is no longer relevant but I see no reason to delete it!

49 Likes

I absolutely love this so far! Supernaturals, mystery/crime, AND romance? I’m HOOKED!

1 Like

Big Announcement: Major Development!

Okay- yeah. This is LONG overdue. I know. So allow me to give a wee bit of context!

The demo that is currently available is from the very first draft. At the time, it was the one to beat. However, following the upload of the third chapter, as I continued writing, I liked it less… and less. I got as far as 7 chapters before I decided to rewrite. Then came Draft 2. I had someone message me on the forums asking me about the WIP and where it was, if there was any updates that I didn’t provide or if I even changed platforms (choice to itchio). I told them, as it was, I had finished Draft Two. I had even begun typing and editing.

However… I soon became deeply unhappy. While I was proud I finished, a major accomplishment for myself, I absolutely hated how everything flowed. Draft Two was very similar to the Demo. As I was editing, I kept telling myself to trust the process. But I feared “the process” couldn’t fix what I had written. And ultimately, if I’m not satisfied with it, then it isn’t fair for me to put it out to you guys. To ask you to find the errors and bugs. To support me on Patreon or wait for updates, etc.

Thus came Draft Three. This one is finished from beginning to end and I can’t tell you how OVERJOYED I am with this one.

Now that we’re caught up… What happens now?

The Demo will still remain. Even though it’s short and completely different, I think it’s more fun to leave it available. As of today, I officially started typing and editing. I technically started earlier only because chapter one starts the same, but heavily deviates. I don’t know how long this will take but I will go as fast as I can! My mother will be my first reader and editor, including for all the branching scenes and dialogue. When that is all said and done, I will put it all into ChoiceScript and then… boom! Upload for a brand new demo.

What about Patreon?

This is where it gets tricky. Because I have one partially completed draft and one completed draft, I have a ton of unused things. I have a separated filing for scrapped content. I thought about taking the chapters from the previous drafts as Patreon content but there’s so much of it that I don’t think it’d necessarily be feasible. If you guys have any suggestions for this, please let me know! Otherwise, I have things I can post without worrying about the previous drafts.

Okay… so… What about the hella weird posts without context?

Yeah that was me having fun. I saved a fair few pictures to help me capture and invision the aesthetic for this final draft. I amused me to post! Though why :eyes: got more of a response than :slight_smile: has me curious.

SO. Now that all of that is said, please ask anything you have like you did in the past. Be it about the WIP, the characters, silly stuff, etc. I can’t wait to see how you guys react to this version.

51 Likes

Glad to see you are doing well @PrismaticSpace and happy to hear you are still plugging away at everything.

6 Likes