NEW Update! Agents of Lucifer (WIP) UPDATE POST 256!

Oi there @PrismaticSpace

here's another example of messed up him/her

Also like I said, I selected all female ROs and it should be Anya but it says Andrei

I’m unsure how that happened, but I will take a look at my labels, as it should go to A’s scene in the office.

1 Like

Lol am I annoying you yet? You said you didn’t in your last two stories when I did this… :smiling_imp::smirk_cat::kissing_cat:

Almost everywhere the pronouns are messed up so far.

Lol, no, no. I’m just confused as all. I did do a playthrough to see if it would happen in my case, and I personally didn’t get Min stating you and them looked at the footage. Hence the confusion on my part.

I am currently going through and finding areas I missed regarding the pronouns.

1 Like

Lol in the IF I’m working on I working on female MC and female ROs first and then added male counterparts, also instead of changing pronouns and genders I made it like different genders has different characteristics… Which led me to migraines and whole lot of mess…

G’Luck though, I’m gonna go through with this.

1 Like

Oi @PrismaticSpace,look at this this is what I meant when I said heavily messed up pronouns

himself - herself?

Also Mira is a female and MC refers to her as a HE

He? female?

Regarding the Release

(As posted on Tumblr)

And why the heck it had so many errors.

Obviously, there’s going to be things that get missed, that a quicktest doesn’t catch, etc., right? WELL. I was dumb and didn’t do a single quicktest. The moment I was done, I sent the link to my group of testers, and thus relied solely on them to point everything out. Not just bugs, but also places where coding was slightly off so pronouns didn’t display correctly, incorrect spelling, etc. That was a dumb move on my part.

It didn’t help that when I said I’d release on Halloween that it was sort of last minute and didn’t properly communicate to my testers, asking if their schedule allowed room to test for a smooth release. I wanted to release on the 31st, and had already declared I would here, so I felt coming out to say: “It’s been delayed” would be upsetting. Especially when I had instances of not missing original deadlines I set for myself.

Come the release, it was filled with mistakes that could’ve easily been avoided if I just did a quicktest. A anon pointed out that I seemed to be getting many messages about the mistakes and I kind of laughed to myself, because it was like: “Well, yeah, because I neglected to review my own work.” Hence why this has been a learning experience! For now, at least, I won’t be having any testers going forward. I’ll work things out on my own so I don’t need to worry about other’s schedules and they don’t need to worry about squeezing something in they may be unable to get to. Honestly, a HUGE thank you to everyone who pointed out the bugs. I appreciate the patience and I hope this doesn’t make me look sloppy or careless! I learned my lesson- ALWAYS QUICKTEST, TESTERS OR NOT.

IF PRONOUN ERRORS ARE FOUND, PLEASE CONTINUE TO TELL ME. I found places where, for some reason, I would use, for example, A’s code when the text was about Min. Not sure how, but that would explain why pronouns would display incorrectly in places where it has been adjusted.

Patreon Shorts Release

(As posted on tumblr)
On Thursday, 11/11/21, and Noon (12PM EST), a POV RO Short will be released of the first meeting, from the ROs perspective.

There will be 3 released.

All Female
All Male
Randomized

Let me know what you think when it releases!

18 Likes

Loving the demo… only thing to say is the pronouns for Ayna gets mixed up.

I will need to look through to find this, but please screenshot in the future if you can! Or you can copy and paste the text containing the error. It makes things much easier for me.

Question: What is the name of the city? I think it was supposed to be Halcyon, but I seen it referred as Halycon a bunch of times. Obliviously not super important right now, I understand.

I got a code (?) in a scene with Andrei, but sadly I didn’t think to screenshot.

P.S: very sad we can’t flirt with Lucifer :(. My dreams are ruined.

Screenshots

Redid the scene to get a screenshot

And before that.

I can question the waitress endlessly. Poor girl I’m wasting her whole day.

And this. Everytime when someone says my mc name or has a question mark. I’m not sure if this is the only name affected, but when I first played and I chose another name it was normal.

Anyway I really like this WIP. Keep it with the good work!

1 Like

:woman_facepalming: It’s Halcyon- son of a biscuit.
I have no idea what that bit of code is even doing there or how I missed that??
Now, I haven’t a clue why a question mark appears after your chosen first name… That’s a new one for me. :joy:
EDIT: I fixed the errors you pointed out, and I did a test with your first name and didn’t get the question marks I’m not sure if it was something I did, or if it was just… the program itself? If that makes sense? Either way, if it persists… Imma have some strong words. To that random, useless question mark.

6 Likes

Sorry to say, but the question mark still persists.

The only way I can personally imagine this happening is if somehow, a question mark was typed after you put in your name. Could you try with other names you type in?

1 Like

@PrismaticSpace seeing there issue I got curious and tried a short run to see if I encountered it. And I got to say it occurred for me as well… I suspect when ever you last updated something changed code wise however small it may be…perhaps dealing when we choose a name from your offered list? Because it each of those choices a question mark exists and it seems to travel through out further play where our name is used.

Hope that help narrows it down :smiley:

1 Like

I played through again, using Chrome, Mozilla, and Edge, to see if the browser itself causes this somehow, and didn’t get the question mark. However, that is only thing I can think of, as I didn’t see a randomly placed question mark in the code text itself. I’m scratching my head on this one, as I’m at a complete loss.

EDIT: You could try clearing the cache, and see if that makes a difference? I’m almost inclined to say it’s some weird program error itself, and not necessarily me, but I am looking.

EDIT 2: I tried again using special characters (on mobile) and didn’t get a question mark where it wasn’t supposed to be. So I hope the first edit helps?

1 Like

During the pin attachment, is there no Eugene/Eugenia scene?

Because I only got Min-Jun/Min-Ji, Andrei/Anya and Maples scene of helping MC wearing the pin.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

There is!

To get that, you would need to investigate with Gen.

3 Likes

Enjoying this so far! Same thing happened to me with the pin. I did everything with Eugene but maples helped.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s gonna take me a while to figure out. I don’t know why that route is giving me so much trouble. Heck, even in my playthrough, no one suggested to help, as it just included a section of choices as though someone did. >_> This wip is gonna kill me

EDIT: Try it now! I just rearranged some things and got it to display properly.

7 Likes

Please Read: This is of minor importance!

(As Posted On Tumblr)

Come December 13, I will be busy! My grandmother is getting hip surgery and will need help recovering, naturally. That shall be my priority for roughly a month or two, so this means any posts I make here AND on Patreon will be more sporadic than they already are. Hard to believe, I know! I do need to be posting more Patreon content to make the support worth every penny! For some reason, I have it in my head that I can only make, like, a post or two a month? Which, I mean, I can do, but it felt more as though I wasn’t allowed?? I dunno, in my head I made this rule apparently. I haven’t a clue.

SO, yes! I hope everything will go well with her surgery… I think it will, but you just never know.

31 Likes