New Hosted Game! "War for Magincia" By Philip Kempton

I cannot recomend this one. Previous games of the saga were wonderful but this one is dull,repetitive little to no story, and boring. I hope if theres another book it will be what it was again.

6 Likes

Got my character to become King and though Gareth III remained the heir due to his royal blood, I was able to use the Diplomacy route to convince him to marry into the MCā€™s family.

Fun game overall though I do wish there was more story and character interactions.

Man we have life of a mercenary , swamp castle , great tournament 1 and 2 all of them absolute gems but thisā€¦ this is just so underwhelmingā€¦no plot , little to no replay value , tedious management for very little story , little to no meaningful interactions with side charactersā€¦this is just badā€¦

14 Likes

I agree with you on this. And for what i had seen in my playthroughs, ROā€™s donā€™t exists in this game. You canā€™t marry, have children, itā€™s just raise troops and upgrade things, and win votes for you or the king heir. I need to point out another thing. Itā€™s the same story again, even the same villain, Gensa, the Spymaster, i remember him from Swamp Castle, so the ending is almost delivered at the beginning of the game. No depth of anything here : ( , Swamp Castle ended when things are getting cool. Great Tournament is amazing in his story, with good ROā€™s. But his sequel, not like the first one. Life of Mercenary is like Swamp Castle, but a BIT longer, and ends when things are getting good.
I wish its possible to build your own dynasty, annex lands and build a empire, raise your family, son. Fortunately thereā€™s already a game who did that out there, but iā€™m not going to point that here, would be unpolite to do it.
Too bad this one is hollow and lacks on depth, and ROā€™s, story, characters.

6 Likes

Yeah, well said man, and donā€™t forget, no ROā€™s too, for what i have seen until now : /
Hollow and lack of depth storytelling/character development.

1 Like

Is there any romance?

1 Like

Which is the game in which you build an empire?

1 Like

No, there are no ROā€™s

1 Like

I know you said it would be impolite to mention it, but now I am really curious about whatever game you are talking about.

1 Like

How do you achieve the King Fragglesworth achievement?

I am interested to know this game, i hope you donā€™t mind i pmed you.

1 Like

you mean war of the west right?

I personally loved swamp castle up to Live of the merc but totally forgot about Gensa Because I rememberes Cuthvel as an Evil guy thatā€™s why I didnā€™t trust him

1 Like

I guess itā€™s war of The west (an amazing game in my opinion because You have management to do but The story is much more important

1 Like

Yeah man, a lot of paths and choices to explore into that one, loved it. Really anxious for the sequel ^^
I send PM to everyone who asked too, because i donā€™t want people miss a good story, but i also donā€™t want to be unpolite with anyone in any way ; )

Yeah, my blade is always thirsty for some Cuthvel blood too :laughing:

1 Like

Make that threešŸ˜

@Servant_of_choices so weā€™re the three musketeers plus an extra now, eh? So, whoā€™s who?:joy:

2 Likes

And then there were four.
@Aronjo More like four horsemen of apocalypse

2 Likes

Putting aside Review, i wonder what happening to Phillip Kemton?
He not made any comment ever since his game released last week.

2 Likes

Okay iā€™ve played it for a while now and I made it to the 12 season?/month? And ā€¦ I like how u can build troops make armies, go to wars, and all I also like the begining of the story but In the middle of the gameplay I kinda started to fall out of it because of the repetition, ive raised decent amount of armies and gold but all I kept encountering in my rule was that ā€¦ Grimswood? A faction or a seperate village I think keeps on raiding my village and charging my castle, it happened many times and wondered whats gonna happen now? Maybe its just me but I kinda find it lacking, or maybe I havent reached the supposed threshold yet to unlock a certain circumstances, all in all its good but it lacks something ā€¦ And i dunno what it is haha

Well first of all I was very hyped for this game considering itā€™s a prequel to two of the best Hosted games out thereā€¦ big fan of Swamp Castle and Great Tournamentā€¦Also the life of a mercenaryā€¦

I have played them both of the sequels so I know the mechanics of how the story will proceedā€¦but itā€™s disappointingā€¦The prologue was great but then when you dive into the main story it seemed ehā€¦there were bits here and there but until the unification partā€¦ thereā€™s nothing worth doing thereā€¦ character interactions are so limited tooā€¦and a lot of repetition was exhausting as hellā€¦The management part was exhausting and the combat system is like the other ones so no issue there but the game lacks in the storyā€¦ thatā€™s the biggest drawback and a downerā€¦

I am wondering if there is any way to kill Kasper or uncover his plot to assassinate Cuthvell. I was spying on him after some point and learnt about his meetings with lady Cuthvell which were quite suspicious so once Cuthvell was assassinated I was sure those 2 had something to do with it.

1 Like