New Hosted Game! "The War for the West" by Lucas Zaper

Too many knights? Like they killed you?

@MahatmaDagon SPOILER: if I donā€™t have a wife by the end of book 1 and choose to save and forgive and to love jenneth will we be able to marry her in the next book? Even tho sheā€™s related to us?

I canā€™t play the game no matter what I do because it keeps giving me the ā€˜there was a network errorā€™ error. I tried buying the game thinking it would fix it and was able to do that but I still canā€™t play!

I thought that maybe it was because something was wrong with my hosted games app and decided to delete and redownload it. Wrong choice because now it says I didnā€™t even buy the game and I canā€™t even restore my purchase of the game because even trying that gives the ā€˜there was network errorā€™ error!

There is nothing wrong with my internet, the other games download and open fine when I try them, I have enough space on my phone too.

Does anyone else have this problem? When will it be fixed or how can I fix it myself?

1 Like

Hi,

I tried this game on my Hosted Games app (Google) and itā€™s working on my end. It seems to be an internet problem at your end and you donā€™t have to worry about about restoring purchases. As long as you have the receipt with you, you could coordinate with CoG to have it unlocked.

Are you using Android or iOS?

How do you get a good ending? Iā€™m probably just trash at the game, but no matter what I do, the game always ends with me getting Killed or kidnapped by the triple chalice. Does anyone know how to avoid this?

2 Likes

Hi, Im on IOS but I really donā€™t think this has anything to do with my internet. I tried my school wifi, home wifi, coffee shop wifi and my phone providerā€™s 3g and 4g internet and none of these worked with this game while all the other ones open just fine. Even the ones I have never played before (which means I can download those but not war for the west).

Im glad you told me about the receipt though. Is there an app for the game? Maybe I can try that one to see if it works, I couldnā€™t find it in the appstore.

Unfortunately, iOS doesnā€™t have a standalone app for this. You have the CoG website version of the game unlocked using the receipt. You just need to send it through email:

support(at)choiceofgames(dot)com.

Have you tried clearing the data before uninstalling and then reinstall it.

You could say so, if you have too many (donā€™t ask me how many, it just happened because I edited values and went overboard with a legion of them) youā€™ll insta-die after sending them in the battle against Noyedas, I really donā€™t know if Iā€™d ally with him and then betray him that would happen as well, but Iā€™m not gonna replay it all just to die, I learnt my lesson

3 Likes

Can i marry a man as guy here?

1 Like

Judging by the RO list posted before: no. But you can have male lovers. I suppose the religion in the game can be blamed for the lack of same sex marriage options, that and I guess producing a heir is expected from an important noble such as our MC.
And in my one playthrough with a male MC I saw there is an option to tell your wife that you are more into guys (the reverse of this option is missing if Iā€™m playing a female MC btw @MahatmaDagon).

8 Likes

Thank you for the reply. Another question, in the list iā€™m seeing, it says you can marry ā€œJennethā€ in both genders.Is that character gender flippable or is she only female?

Only female.

1 Like

I see. Thank you.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to join the triple chalice?

You canā€™t

They probably wouldnā€™t want you anyway since you knowā€¦

Wow finally itā€™s out! Canā€™t wait to play the full version and upcoming sequel hahahaha

Congrats mate! @MahatmaDagon

I wonder is it possible to get the Prosperous achievment without using cheat codes?

is there a way for your comrade (Red Tull, Ganbert, Myra & The Knight that join u) to not die during war?

4 Likes

Anyone can tell me what are the marriage options?