New Hosted Game! The Butler Did It by Daniel J. Elliot

Agreed!

Signed,
The Author :wink:

Serious answer: I don’t know how HG decides if and when a game goes on Steam, but I have my fingers crossed. It’s the middle of the Steam Autumn Sale, though, and I don’t think that’s a good time for any game to come out. Much less a tiny indie IF title.

In the meantime, it’s available for browser here, as others have said.

Thank you to everyone who’s been playing, enjoying, and especially rating!

5 Likes

True, but I really prefer to be able to tinker with the games I really like. Plus while CoG has at times in the past comped the website version if you give them proof of ownership from another vendor, that does not cut both ways and while I’m not quite as poor as I used to be I can still only spend money and more importantly time once.
So I’m hearing lots of good things about this one and I liked the demo so I hope that sooner or later an offline version for the PC will come, be it Steam or otherwise. I actually used to like the Chrome store more back when that was still an option for PC versions.

2 Likes

Is it possible to romance Linus? I just went through the whole game but there really weren’t many interactions with him

3 Likes

Sadly I don’t think so (at least from how many times I’ve tried). I think the only ROs are Addie, Dmitro, and Goose. So I think there’s only 1 male RO option which is a bit saddening imo. But at least the story’s good.

2 Likes

Is this true that we only have one male romance option? @Delliot

1 Like

I bought this game but haven’t had a chance to play through it yet. Before I do, does anyone know how stat-heavy this game is? Should I focus on just one of the three primary attributes, or could I conceivably raise 2 equally and still “win”?

@resuri08 Yes, the RO characters are Dmytro, Addie, and Goose. I know that’s not ideal for every player. I’ve definitely learned a lot about how the CoG community thinks about RO’s, and I’ll make it more balanced in any future projects.

@Wannabe_Human Not extremely stat-heavy. They’re not meaningless and you can fail checks, but you should be fine with any play style.

5 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation.

3 Likes

Until this thread I didn’t realize you could romance anyone. I went through the game with a high relationship with Addie, but don’t remember getting the option other than looking her way and the bathroom scene in the beginning. Do you have to make certain choices?

2 Likes

I also haven’t able to romance addie yet, much like your case… i however got the option to romance Goose in my first playthrough . So i am going for 2nd playthrough and see whether i can romance Addie , so far Addie feeling towards me is Like minded friend if i am not mistaken :slight_smile:

1 Like

Needing to know does anyone know how to solve the “metal disk” yet? Please no spoilers on what it is or what it does just how to solve

1 Like

@Lord_Gong, I got solution written above choices. It is one four two six if I am not mistaken. Sorry, if I am. :slightly_smiling_face:

I finished the game and liked the plot terribly. In whole it is quite golden. :smiley:
Though romances are like just for the record and endings are too short. I was expecting more detailed epilogue. Are there only three endings: send away empress with all automata, move to another planet and let everything be as it was(i think)?

2 Likes

Just heard from @RETowers that the patch is released. So if you ran into that bug near the end of the game, you should now be good to go!

Who we apparently cannot romance…aww… :disappointed:
Apart from that since I keep hearing good things I will buy this one if and when it gets a true PC version.

3 Likes

If it gets a Steam release, I will add achievements and a Linus romance. Call it a stretch goal.

As long as I’m allowed to do that. I think I am?

7 Likes

Yay! As long as the cutie is into guys too of course. :persevere: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

All the RO’s are “playersexual”. To me, that seems like by far the best way to do it, at least for the kind of story this is.

7 Likes

If you still consider it, I hope the mobile version will have Linus romance. I think you could additional content as a DLC. I think ZE series do that and the Lost Heir series as well.

Additional: For the record though, the series I mentioned added additional quests after it ended or an arc has ended. It might be better to reached out to CoG staff if it possible to add newscenarios within the game. XD

2 Likes

I think so, DLC is allowed as are updated versions. Just as @WayWalkerLeigh who updated her first two games with significant additions content.
As long as the mobile versions will update with the Linus romance as soon or if and when a Steam version gets released I think it’d be okay, assuming his romance is not going to be paid DLC. But we can sound out @Eiwynn and @Havenstone to be sure, they know more about the internal workings of CoG as a corporation then a simple fanboy like me does.

3 Likes

Sorry, what’s the question?

1 Like