New Hosted Game! "Sordwin: The Evertree Saga" by Thom Baylay

Huh. It might be that your health status is too low before the fight starts? You can get a health boost from Tallien the cleric in Chapter 8.

Have you tried all the different methods of fighting the final hooded lantern?

1 Like

My health was full before I engage it; this is what confused me the most. However I did enter the observatory alone, so I tried having Orianna going together with me and even though I got taken down again in a similar fashion we made it in the end, smashing its lantern and Jewel didn’t have to die. Maybe you just can’t win the fight alone? Anyway, thanks for the help and I’m heading to Book 3!

2 Likes

Awesome! Enjoy Book 3 :grin:

2 Likes

It has been an awful long time since I played this game, so bear with me and my potential errors.

While I have vague memories about this, something I do remember clearly is that I did gather quite a lot of clues and that I went to face the hooded lantern with the girl that summoned them on the first place. I remember one of the clues seemed to be rather crucial in finding information about them and their weakness.

This next part is making me a bit dubious if it’s even from this game lol, but anyway. After going to the uh, was it the observatory? I think that’s where the last battle takes place… anyway, after going there I am pretty sure my MC was being “eaten” (or the thing where they take your face) by them when then a blinding light appeared, I think it is implied it’s one of the gods or something? Or at least it was for my MC, and anyway, that light saves my ass and tada! Victory!

2 Likes

Ah yes, my final fight happened exactly like yours up until I’m being eaten. The only difference is following that Jewel had to kill herself when I entered alone, but didn’t have to when I had a companion with me. Thanks!

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me the shape of the chains in the final fight? The options are: five pointed stars, overlapping triangles, square, spiral.

1 Like

@Arternus
5 pointed star.

2 Likes

In the first book, my MC was versatile [combat (74) and magic (79)]; main weapon: long sword and background: battlemage.

But now all of that is useless(?). I mean, Book 2 makes you, somehow, forget about role playing and focus on your class (maximize both stats. For example, mana and spellcasting).

Should I have a full-class character (Book 1 and forward), or is it possible to have an versatile MC in this book??

1 Like

So is there a way to keep daisy as ur ro at the end of swordwin?

1 Like

Yes. They’ll still be your RO if you handle the confrontation scene with them well. What are you having trouble with?

1 Like

Is there no achievement guide?

1 Like

There is a post with a link to it.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen that. I was just wondering if there was a more in-depth guide on all the clues you can get and stuff. The achievement guide is nice though.

Choose your choices carefully depending on your strengths and weaknesses.

[spoiler]For example: I got 76% Prowess and I chose to attack with my golden weapon against the Hooded Lanterns (gold is their weakness)

I also got 65% of Stealth so I chose sneak attack against him.

The rest of my stats are lowered so any options like using the bow with intuition lowered will be useless. But if you have a lot of information about them, then take advantage of it. For example: admiration, love or envy of one’s person will get their attention and prioritize you.

Lastly, as you bonus your stats, choose wisely. Improve your stats depending on your profession and the one’s that are higher.
[/spoiler]

Is it possible to romance Ruby?

Ruby is a RO, yes.

I just finished this game and I loved it. One thing I have to criticize though… I played this as a stand alone. At the end, when the Hooded Lantern was trying to take Lumorn’s face, she was saved by a mysterious voice. It felt jarring. I assume it was the dryad from Evertree Inn, but since I didn’t play EI this time around, Lumorn never met the dryad.

I don’t think it was the Dryad. Playing Lux, it seems the one who saved you was one of the 5 gods.

1 Like

What’s the right answer to Ruby’s question?

“This morning on the boat, I offered you something. What was it?”

1 Like

A plank of wood to swim with.

3 Likes