New Hosted Game! Samurai of Hyuga Book 4 by Devon Connell

It’s in book 3!

Also in book 3, Masa defence the Ronin against Tosh’s ‘accusation’, and in book 1 Masa defence the Ronin when Tosh ask about age, and something like that.

2 Likes

And they have a very high horse… :racehorse:

Yeah, but even then “they can’t help it that they don’t know” shortly after being berated for being illiterate…

1 Like

In my mindset, even if someone is full of wisdom and reflection, there will be flaws like how too loyal Tosh is to Satsuma. Too much loyalty can be blinding too. I would expect all of these characters to have a major flaw in order to grow if not, they will be one dimensional.

7 Likes

Like I said, I agree and am perfectly fine with it. That’s why it stung, that Tosh lied… Or rather omitted information.

4 Likes

If it stung and then that means the author did their job well. :joy:

7 Likes

Exactly! I like the characters, like their flaws and to unravel their own plans, motivations and ambitions!

4 Likes

I totally get that. I personally would have liked a situation where my Ronin could have told Masa to shut it, at times.

Doesn’t mean that I don’t like Masa. Well written character. But maybe it’s due to me personally not having a lot of patience for rude people, even children :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Tosh worked their entire life as a ninja, and I get it, it’s their job to do things like that. I understand.
It’s just that, if they want our relationship to grow in any way, no matter if romantically or platonically, they have to work on that. It is not the first time Tosh had been unfair to the Ronin.

And yes, it hurt. That’s excellent.

5 Likes

Yes!
I had the feeling that my Ronin finally started to trust Tosh and build a friendship and when that came out… I, as a reader felt betrayed. I consider it a job well done by the author, to get me that involved.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to how all the characters (especially with Tosh) will grow as a character in the next two books. I hope there will more screen time with them.

8 Likes

…I was thick as a brick, I just dumbfounded why would they that unhappy to tell my Ronin the truth. Hey Masa even threw a fit, isn’t that just a stupid kanji.:rofl:

3 Likes

About the Kanji, I think they feared deep down that hearing the name could trigger memories or get them to investigate. And they decided the Ronin was better off not remembering, which is a flawed idea to begin with. At least that’s my thought behind it.

5 Likes

Yeah at least Masa is a kid. Tosh knew better.

1 Like

Juu-chan! Nooooo! Not again, not with our child T~T after the depressing ending of Book 3 then this one came out stacking the feels.

Plus those extra contents. And Momoko-chan losing her tongue.
My kokoro can’t handle this anymore T_T

6 Likes

Two Questions:

1. Is our dear Shugeninja finally free to be our only one?

2. Am I playing this wrong? I got as far as Sake tasting and my spirit alignment was 0%

1 Like

Could please clarify who the Shugeninja is? Is this Tosh?

It will take a while before you will see the actual attunment bar unfortunately.

2 Likes

Shugeninja? Is this dragon Ball? Did the kid and tosh decided to fuse?

7 Likes

Well yes, if you talking about Masa’s shugenja friend in sidestories. If you talking about Kiyoshi… I’m sure you’ll find out if you already finished this book.

My Samurai only has eyes for her former employer

1 Like