New Game Idea: Based on Mythology

its look cool but how are you going to present them? do we start as a child and make choices there to as the pc grow up.

or someway else?

also your parents should have no idea where you came from (stork puts you on a door step with a note saying take care of him/her)

I’m thinking the aging process. Of course, most of the story will be when your are in your older teens/twenties. Even the idea to progress time depending on decisions.

And zane, I’ll keep those in mind.

i was wondering does the game automatically decide that your are a demigod or can you decide yourself if you want to be human or demigod?

Idk yet. When I get to that part, I’ll let you know. I’m thinking it will be your choice.

what about names for the game? also depending on your parents you have certain powers(Zeus=llighting,Posiedon=water, Aphrodite=persuaion etc…)

Game title will not be released. That’s one thing I can at least keep a surprise. But I will take ideas. I won’t reveal if I decided to choose it though. Credit will be given though.

i already love this game but what about the god pan as a father i would love that :smiley:

It would be your choice to have a god as a father. Or you could see if you could get a surprise twist. Glad you like it so far!

It would be your choice to have a god as a father. Or you could see if you could get a surprise twist. Glad you like it so far!

Out of the character options, which are your top five?

son of king child of god slave craftsman actor

and farmer boy cause of pan

From what you’ve said so far, the only thing I can think to add is that you might want to draw a bit of a central story line. The whole ‘you can do anything’ sandbox is nice and fun, but truly difficult to pull off. For example, make the PC is a demi-god ala Hercules, and it’s about their fated rise (or failure to rise) to godhood. Without a ‘core’ to build off of, a lot of things get lost, and options have the potential to start to feel unimportant.

You can keep the original gods but have the ‘new’ god could just be an unknown one.

You could even work it into your story. some strange person appears before you saying “your a demigod your father was Bingo” your character replies “never heard of him” stranger says “well he isn’t very well known only a dozen followers”

Maybe have the original gods give the PC specific stats whereas the new god gives more choice but at a cost of not having the help of one of the ‘stronger’ gods.

Hm, for girl ideas, perhaps a merchant, the equivalent of a lady-in-waiting, scribe, or some profession in which she’s disguised as a guy.

Personally I’m more in favor of focus on the non demigod characters, it’d be fun having a regular guy/girl earn his/her way to godhood through years of adventuring and learning. And it’d allow for a neat look into the protagonist’s motives, or maybe the player could choose the motives.

girl job maybe danceing

What about girl who disguised herself as a guy in order to become a warrior