Hi. I am nearing the end of my gamebook, however, I now realize that converting it to kindle isn’t going to be as simple as I thought it would be.
This is my workflow:
- I am using Gamebook Authoring Tool because it is simple and fits my needs as well as offering the option to save a single html file or multiple html files.
- I then open the file in Word which i save as a .docx file.
- I then open the .docx file in vellum (mac only) to import images – mainly because vellum allows me to make images linkable and I am wanting to use buttons i create for my choices instead of hitting small text links.
Am I doing this the best way? I only know a bit of html and prefer not to learn more if i can help it. But if there is a simpler way, I am all ears. I have about 100 choice images which are simply created – i make a shape in powerpoint and type in the text, then select the shape and save as .png. I like this because it allows me to make buttons that are big enough to be used on a mobile phone.
I am all ears, as i said. The manual linking in vellum is a chore.
If there was a way to modify the output from Gamebook Authoring Tool to have large text choice selectors, I could probably use just that one tool, then go back and plug my illustrations in one by one. That would be ok, if not ideal.
I supposed I could format my word file to have bigger text links and pull in images while using my word file pass. That might work.