Most anticipated COG games of 2018?

Choice of Magics, Boulderpeople and Merc Life

My favorite wips are still, well, works in progress so I won’t list any HG

Literally what Fawkes said. I love Emily Short so Platinum package is highly anticipated, and Bad Love is going to be the first dating-focused game by the Official title. Having a penchant for characters, I’m hoping this means that they will play a more integral role. (Though I’ll have to wait to read more on these two. You never know from a little blurb.) Then Choice of Magics is done by an incredible author, even if his last works weren’t my personal style, and I would love to see get a glimpse into that beautiful brain again.

The competition entries are really, really, really anticipated. I have heard some pretty amazing premises by some fantastic authors and the energy has been fabulous. I think it’s inspired a lot of people, both seasoned in writing and new to the scene. That’s probably going to be my utterly favorite part of 2018.

Hosted games, the Wayhaven Chronicles is lovely. Again, I have a great love for characters and the ones in that story are heavily involved. Plus I kind of absolutely adore the author.

Overall, next year promises a lot of good things and a lot of new faces.

3 Likes

I just updated the list a little.

5 Likes

Everything sounds pretty exciting for me. I’m really intrigued by Fielder’s Choice, since I’m a baseball fan, and Rent-a-Vice sounds like some really cool sci-fi noir stuff. Emily Short’s game also sounds very interesting.

4 Likes

Who is Emily Short?
20 char

She wrote “Galatea.” It’s a really good IF game.

2 Likes

I am also intrigued by Fielder’s Choice. A great genre for a choice game.

1 Like

I don’t actually know how I feel about that, but like @Fawkes I’m always willing to be pleasantly surprised. Still I’ve just come off the argument over the “sex scenes” in “United we Stand”, which felt natural and not gratuitous at all to me. I sense there may be a European-American disconnect at work there, which does make me a little apprehensive about bad love. So I’m probably looking forward more to any romance or dating games coming out of Heart’s Choice, which would be open to more explicit sexual content. And what is explicit content for Americans may therefore be more attuned to my European sensibilities. :worried: :persevere:

6 Likes

Jason, are you folks projecting 2018 to be the busiest year to date, release-wise?

4 Likes

Even though it’s a HG, The Wayhaven Chronicles.

And who the heck do we have to bribe to get it to go through? :wink: It’s been submitted, but it’s not even on the pending list.

Does anyone know the typical amount of time it takes to get games published once it’s been submitted for Hosted Games?

4 Likes

Usually about 6 months or more.

3 Likes

I asked about that, since I submitted Fallen hero a month or so ago, and for me they were so busy they might have the time to check it out in January, so there are most likely a lot of games that’s not even got far enough to get ON the list.

6 Likes

Holy Bleep! That’s a long time! I hope that is a worst case scenario.

Ok. That sounds a little better than 6 months. Hopefully once they get to it, it won’t take too long for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank to both of you for responding. The wait for The Wayhaven Chronicles is gonna be painful then. It was submitted on Dec. 6th. Guess I’ll have to check out some other stories in the meanwhile. :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

Not sure what they’re projecting, but the releases this year alone were absolutely explosive in amount. I feel like at this rate, they’ll need to update the website to accomodate.

5 Likes

6 months is more like the average. Some take longer. For example, my HG, Foundation of Nightmares, will likely end up taking 8 months. I just try not to worry about it and just keep writing my other stories in the meantime.

2 Likes

I remember when in January of 2017 I was waiting for games to show up because I had read all of the games on GPS.

And its almost January of 2018 and I have a huge backlog of games to play and that too those that have very interesting plots… But I don’t have much free time and games are being released without much time interval.

I am not complaining.

checks the announcement category

Ah. Now I have to play Tally ho. So bye pals.

5 Likes

Easily. Even if only the top three contest games are published as COG, we’ll probably have over twenty.

8 Likes

I’ll be in the corner with my noisemakers, waiting for the celebration of the 100th game to be released under the COG label.

Assuming that hasn’t happened already. There are so many games out it’s hard to count.

8 Likes

Oh, that is so exciting. I still remember when Heroes Rise first came out. COG has grown so much since then, as a company and a community.

Now having looked at the updated list, I’m very intrigued by Gilded Rails, Werewolves of Haven, and Rent-A-Vice. 2018 seems like a very promising year.

9 Likes

I know I’ve been out of the loop lately, but what exactly has happened to Cryptkeepers of Hallowford?

I don’t see it in the CoG list.