Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

Well I’m glad at least one person enjoyed the suggestion.

1 Like

Or Harry Potter for a male witch!! LOL

I can’t gush about this game enough. It’s one of my favorite WIPs.

2 Likes

Well MoNHH is back. Anyone remember when it was just MH?
Anyway I’ll be looking for some :spider::ant:

This is the scene you get if Artemis wants to talk. Congratulations, you’re slowly getting through to her. Scene in progress

Yay all I needed to do was try and kiss her!

2 Likes

Finished commissioning another piece of fanart. This time, this is Victoria, and with her servant/crush Mina. I admit, I found the idea of Victoria seeing the runaway like a sister, then having her crush develop further.

I also wanted to go with the idea of Victoria painting people as monsters. It was vaguely angelic; I figure there might be figures like the peri as monsters.
http://lindaroze.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Victoria-and-Mina-620403997

22 Likes

This is my favorite yet. Your artist does beautiful work!

5 Likes

grins Thanks, though I have to thank you for making such a fun, sometimes evocative game.

Now I just need to think of something for the werewolf and the goblin character. Heh, maybe the werewolf could play fetch with Artemis :wink:

4 Likes

@Lys your artwork is extraordinary! What do ypu use to create them?

And @Sashira although it may seem counter productive, it may be better to release new (albeit lower quality) work so us betas can do our job :grin:
But I love the wode variety of choices for each race.

2 Likes

It’s commissioned art. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I don’t know what program the artist @Lys commissioned uses, but it’s likely PaintTool SAI, Photoshop, or Manga Studio since those are the three most common ones. Some people mix ‘n’ match too.

3 Likes

@fairlyfairfighter
As Lithophene was kind enough to answer, all the art I get is stuff I commission. Let’s just say as far as my artistic skills go, I am lucky to pull off a stick figure.

But most artists use some variety of program that Lithophene mentioned, and some do all three. It really depends on the need and format.

2 Likes

It’s not really related to the art, but back to the name thing, Mina for a vampire’s servant was another great one. I should have mentioned it earlier, since Mina Harker is a character in pretty much the original vampire novel, Dracula. There’s so much attention to detail and references in this. It must be insane to write.

4 Likes

Although I admit to being a little surprised the name wasn’t among the top list of choices. Then again, I loved the idea of London as being a last name for a werewolf. (Call of the Wild, etc.)

1 Like

Oh I totally missed that reference to Call of the Wild, thanks for pointing that one out! I thought it was reference to either the song, Werewolves of London or the film an American Werewolf in London. I think werewolves just have lot to do with London.

4 Likes

How bout playing as a cthulhu cultist hahaha jk ^.^

1 Like

I think actual species are perfect but if I had to suggest a new one…
Dullahan, it could be a knight like society, and dullahans can pass as humans quite easily, or something more feral, like a minotaur, a giant or lich, for foreign students…
Asia: kitsune
Kirin
Kappa
Mongolian desert worm?
Oni
Europe:Fae
Centaur
Lamia
Gnome
Africa: Don’t know african monsters XD
South America:Chupacabra
Queztlacoaltus(feather snake)

Someone suggested mermaid as amphibious race, it really sounds like a good idea

4 Likes

Or dodomeki, for some reason I forget the dodomeki, and can pass for human quite easily, I mean the only diference is that the dodomeki has lots of eyes in the arms.
Quite creepy, but cool anyway

1 Like

An Oni is just a Japanese name for a demon.

3 Likes

No, the word for “demon” is あくま akuma, this is the concept of demon here in west, Oni, is actually a word for ogre, I think the most accurate translation is rampaging ogre, the problem come that the oni are the ones who torture the evildoers in afterlife, that, plus the fact that the skin is usually red, can be blue or even green, but traditionally red, the aggressive behavior, and the horns, make it similar to the traditional representation of a demon, that’s why appear translate as demon in many animes or mangas

9 Likes

Kitsune and dullahans? By odd coincidence, both are in the game already. One is on the newspaper club and you may have seen mentioned, the other hasn’t been introduced yet. I have some fantastic art in the works for both.

The Kitsune is a Junior and the Dullahan is a Sophomore. Neither are playable species or ROs, but they’re around.

15 Likes

What a coincidence, it’s weird, because I literally spend a hole night playing the demo and I didn’t realize of that.

I will play it again

6 Likes