Monster Maker (WiP) [updated 4/20/19]

Thank you for your hard working :pray:t2::pray:t2::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts: take your time and try to relax and enjoy your week, you really deserve a nice break :muscle:t2::two_hearts::two_hearts:
great week to you too :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Interesting premise! Really liking what you have done here!
One thing that annoyed me was one of Katsura’s line, “Your job is to find out if he’s guilty. If he isn’t, you have to prove it. And if he is, you have to bring him in.”
It’s innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent! The way she phrased that sentence was irritating, lol.

2 Likes

That may very well be intentional. The laws could be different in this universe or it might simply be that proving his innocence (if he is innocent) would be what’s best for everyone. An evil werewolf is bad publicity for the supernatural world.

2 Likes

True. In some countries you are guilty until proven innocent.

I’m looking at you Japan.

2 Likes

Hey guys! Happy Friday!

So I had my week off (great!) and this past week, I’ve been working on the rest of chapter four! It still needs a lot of polish and after taking a week away from it, of course I came back with fresher eyes and found a ton of stuff I need to do to it. I know it’s just an alpha demo and I don’t like repaying your encouragement by making you wait so long but I want it to be as good and polished as it can be for the time. Not perfect, but still as good as possible for Optimal Enjoyment lol

So that’s what I’ll be doing this week. Don’t hold me to it, and obviously I’ll have a better idea the closer I get, but I’m feeling like I’ll have this chapter done and uploaded by the beginning of the last week of June. That’s my goal right now anyway.

@Arian Thanks for bringing that up! You’re absolutely right! But in this case, @SamCornick got it in one: preternatural creatures aren’t given the same rights and privileges as humans. If there was any actual evidence against him (right now, it’s all strong suspicion), then he’d be locked up already (or dead). I’ll elaborate a bit on that in the story too.

Have a great weekend and thank you all, as ever, for being so great!!

26 Likes

good for you man hope life doing good for you

is person kill oc family and takes oc arm , leg or eye is one we are coming after

Guys! I am so sorry I didn’t post an update last Friday!

Some Intense Nonsense went down late last week and it really messed me up; by the time my head was back on straight and I even remembered that I forgot, it was this Thursday. But seriously: I’m very sorry! You guys have been so encouraging and I don’t want to make anyone worry that I’m going radio silent or giving up on the project.

BUT: the actual update is that I’ve still been having a tricky time finishing up the chapter and I think–I already hate this–that it’s because of some stuff in the middle. So I’m gonna try fixing the middle. I know. I know. :sweat: I kind of want to dig a hole but I’m not sure if I want to throw in the draft or me lol

Here’s to hoping for improvement moving forward with it! I’m planning on getting to a few asks I have in my inbox tomorrow afternoon.

As ever, thank you all for your patience and support!!! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

@Takashi_Shin No, BUT you can talk about them with others and learn what happened to them after the incident.

20 Likes

hope thing get better for you

So this week has basically been a game of cutting out enough of the writing I’ve already done to make me very sad and a raging internal debate between buying a new keyboard or just waiting and getting a new computer since I know I’m going to need one soonish anyway. The downside to either argument is that I have no money so that’s making the decision both harder and easier lol

As for this week, I’m going to be re-writing my outline and hopefully also starting the re-write. Not gonna lie, it blows to be doing it again, but I know I’ll be happier with the end result so I just have to keep reminding myself that it’s worth it.

I hope y’all have a great weekend! Thank you for sticking around!! <3 <3

@Takashi_Shin Thanks for your thoughts!! It did work out in the end, thankfully, and has been a HUGE weight lifted off me.

15 Likes

I really like that you don’t have to be nice to everybody always like having options like that.

4 Likes

“Hey! Where the actual eff have you been???”

Y’all remember how I kept complaining about how my keyboard was slowly dying a grim death? Well, it did finally die.

And not only did it die, but so did the rest of the computer. I had been holding the guts in with a binder clip and that worked for a good two years, but then it didn’t. So the guts fell out. But not until after the lip of the clip broke the screen.

What I’m getting at is that my computer is no longer functional. I’m at the library rn to give you guys this depressing update. And to sincerely apologize for not getting here sooner to give you the depressing update. And for the update itself. It bums me out.

“Are you still working on the game?”

Sort of. I’m writing things on paper, then, when I actually have the chance to go to the library, I’m typing things into wordpad and saving them to a flash drive and once I have… a computer of my own? a privately owned computer to reliably borrow? something? I will get back to using CSIDE. So yes, I am, but no, there’s not likely to be any good news for a while.

I’m really sorry to have been quiet for so long and I’m really sorry to come back with bad news. Please forgive me! I hope you are all having a good summer and I hope there is good news soon-ish.

29 Likes

Coming out of my months-long silence to say that I absolutely loved this demo and can’t believe it took me this long to find it! The writing is incredibly vivid (the scene with the memory/nightmare gave me chills and will stay with me for a while), the characters we’ve met so far feel real and compelling, and the interactions with/between our team members also felt really natural.

Onto the team members themselves! Castien is exactly my kind of trouble and Eloise drew me in immediately. Having the two of them be my player character’s roommates was hilarious and I loved that it was an option.

I’m a big fan of games that let you really “build” the player character (if that makes sense?) and this one definitely delivered on that front. I was so overwhelmed by the sheer amount of ways that I could play a particular situation that I saved, and then kept reloading the same scene to try all the different options!

Cutting this short before I start to ramble, but I loved loved loved this and I hope your search for a new computer goes well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Such a great find, needs more attention tbh. So glad I stumbled upon. Loving everybit of it.

2 Likes

Love this WiP!

Sometimes NPCs can annoy me with their overprotectiveness (which can border on romantic feelings), but Eloise was someone I warmed up to very quickly. Also Mikey is the greatest!

If it’s not too much to ask, can you insert an “Are you sure?” type of *fake_choice when it comes to the MC’s Skill & Perk? I didn’t quite know what some of the perk options would entail and would’ve loved to explore them a bit (read the description found in the stats) before making my final decision?

2 Likes

how life treat you

This is a very good story and am a huge fan of games that let’s you really build up your character. It will be really nice if you can add the body build( athletic, curvy etc) to it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.