Missing Wings (guide/hints/FAQ)

Version 1.0.1 is out!

3 Likes

We had to apply a hotfix because of a very obscure bug in the interpreter.
Version 1.0.2 is out, and the Horse Racing scene should be fixed now.

1 Like

Dan figured out what the problem was. There is a rare performance optimization protocol for *goto_scene within the same same scene, that accidentally went to line 2 of the scene.

1 Like

Hey everyone, has anyone beaten the game yet?
If so, how many endings have you gotten?

I’ve only had a little play, (without the cheat sheet) . I’ve been finding it quite hard!

1 Like

It should feel challenging, but not impossible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if it’s intentional, but in the Realm of Water, there isn’t any record of how much food I have, which means I keep running out of food without realizing.

Amethyst (Research)
Emerald (Food)
Ruby (Military)
Sapphire (Magic)

After every round, it should tell you how many of these you have left.

Spoiler: You’ll want to have 100 Water mastery to get through this stage easier.

I got the Lightning wings fairly easy, and managed the Fire ones after quite some time (some of those games were quite fun, though, and really pushed the boundaries of what I thought this engine could do). I can’t believe I hit Next enough times to get the bone to build a shelter on the Life realm. There’s definitely something wrong with me.

1 Like

Did you make use of the Consume choice? It’s kind of a math puzzle. You can limit the number of times you have to collect by a great deal. :smiley:

I appreciate the kind words, Matt.

1 Like

I did, but that only got it up to 5, and the shelter required 1,000. That’s a lot of clicks.

Hey, you should feel proud of this. It had to be a massive undertaking. Fire Realm alone felt like an entire minigame collection.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: It feels good to have someone appreciate the work I put into it.

If I recall, during my own testing I think I got the collect up to 25 before I stopped consuming. I would be fascinated to see a chart detailing the optimal number of clicks. But my degree is in English not Math, so someone would have to figure that one out. :grin:

1 Like

Is it connected to mastery, maybe? I had none in Life beyond the base 5. So once I hit 5, the Consume option disappeared.

2 Likes

You might be on to something there, my good sir…!

2 Likes

For collecting bone bricks:

highest bones/action 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
clicks 999 502 337 256 208 177 155 139 127 118 111 106 101 98 95 93 91 90 89 88 88 88 88 88 88 89 89 90 91 92

The real question is, how many hours does it take to finish the dwarf tower?

2 Likes

Hah! And thanks for asking. :slight_smile:
The trick with the dwarf tower is to find a certain pattern in matching moms and dads. Once you do that, the pattern will work the same for every floor.

Once you do that, it shouldn’t take very long at all.

1 Like

The rules are pretty muddy on that one. How close is too close? 3rd gen? 4th gen? At higher floors there were some pairs that sometimes worked and sometimes didn’t, depending on the order I clicked on them…

Went through it once with sheer trial and error and a LOT of time. Not brave enough to try again.

Here’s the pattern (caution: ultra spoiler)

Match the first dad on the list with the first mom on the list.
Match the second dad with the second mom.
Third dad with third mom.
Fourth with fourth.
Fifth with fifth.
All the way down.
Repeat for every floor.
Ezclap.

1 Like

It’s supposed to be no siblings and no first cousins.

Ohhh! (I didn’t realize Emeralds were food.) :yum:

Lol. That’s what I’ve been doing (though it wasn’t really part of any sort of plan. I’m just lazy and thought that would be the easiest way to do it.) :yum:

1 Like