Mind Games: Obsession (WiP) (UPDATED JAN 27, 2021)

i just finished reading the demo and i’m loving it so far!!!
just wanted to know if we can romance dr. h ?? i really like him lol

1 Like

Thank you so much! And unfortunately you cannot… well, not in this game anyways hehe

Also! side project just dropped!

16 Likes

I don’t know how I only just found this, but…I like!
Fun premise, like the characters, excited for more!

1 Like

After checking your other game, I came to read this one and MAN, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Your writing and worldbuilding are amazing, istg. And the characters are just… so freaking good! Not to mention the MC, they seem like a real person and I just love that, and how consistent their personality is once you choose how they behave. I don’t know, I absolutely loved this WIP and I’m looking forward to more! :heart:

P.D. Loche? I adore him. And Blake? Totally my type. I have a thing for werewolves, it seems :joy:

7 Likes

@Dagger1819 Thank you so much!! I’m glad you found your way here ^^

@ceresvaldez You sure know how to make someone blush :joy: thank you so very much for your compliments!!! I’m so glad this WiP interested you as much as FH has!!!

Loche is steadily becoming the fan favorite hehe, but Blake is also my favorite :joy: He’s my type to a T and I love him so much. And there’s certainly nothing wrong with a preference for werewolves :eyes:

10 Likes

I came across your demo while browsing the DashingDon website and I absolutely love it so far. I can’t wait until the full game is released.

3 Likes

I saw someone recommend your demo on Tumblr and I finished reading it a few minutes ago. I am very much intrigued! I have really been enjoying the story so far and am excited about the release of the full game. :blush:

Also, I found some minor errors (spelling or otherwise) and I’ll leave some screenshots under the cut just in case you may want to have a look at it at some point!

(I am new to the CoG forums and not so familiar with how it works just yet, so, hopefully, I will manage to put the screenshots in without messing things up!)

Summary

Edit: As I tried to publish my post, a window popped up saying I was not allowed to use images. I assume it’s because I am a new user.

I have uploaded the pictures to imgur, though. It’s here. Hopefully it works, haha.

Okay, that’s about it!

Thank you for sharing this story with us, your writing is fantastic and I am really liking all the characters that have been introduced to us so far! :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

This is an awesome story so far. Makes me extremely excited for what’s to come!
I love Loche sooo much!

I’ve had a couple of issues during the story, mostly typos. The most common one was an added “&” at the end of some sentences.

Seems I didn't save all of them in my memo, but here are two:

For the first choice, the prompt is:
“As he watches, the two&”

During the attack, the button says:
“Rewind to several minutes before&”

When the "demon" is inside, from his PoV, there's this weird issue:

Squares
Some strange squares appear, as you can see.

During the attack, from the MC's PoV:

“As you glance around, you find the quickly bleeding out body of a man splayed out on her carpet, the man it was inside of, but you don’t and can’tgive him the attention he needs as you sprint to Sylvia’s bedroom door.”
Two words are “glued” together: “can’tgive”

I’m pretty sure I’ve missed lots of things, but oh well…
Also, I love the customized look of the game!

1 Like

This came a long way since I last checked! I am v excited. It’d be nice to have update dates on the title – I didn’t know it had updated since last year!

2 Likes

I don’t know why but I read the entire synopsis you provided in a mysterious and a bit husky female voice accompanied by haunting music played on a violin. Vibes are set, time to indulge into the demo.

7 Likes

…curse you for canonizing the narrator voice and atmosphere for me.

2 Likes

"Character shows no interest in PC, in fact is cold and uncaring to the point of rudeness*

Me: I love you and also want your children.

15 Likes

Cold and secretive ROs are the most fun to romance.

4 Likes

The demo was really interesting so far and the patience and intelligence described about the villain just adds to the anticipation during the final showdown. It was kind of a bummer that I could only flirt with Loche in the morning when she’s with freya and not anybody else.
Also something else I wanted to clarify was about the type of creature freya was(Viila). Did you mean the mythical creature of Slavic folktale named ‘vila’?
I also found some typos in the demo:

Typos

1 Like

Although she hasn’t exactly announced it here on the forum, Cierra is actually in the midst of a rewrite for this WIP. There’ll be a few notable changes, such as how the MC’s mind reading power is now different (That is a spoiler, so if you want to be surprised, leave it blurred!), and these changes will alter how the story flows in the beginning. This means that the current demo–as it stands–will probably be very different from the next iteration, so it should be okay to hold off on the typos, and bug corrections until then. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been neglecting mentioning the rewrite here due to being so busy IRL! My bad, friends. Everything will flow better for it however, and it’ll feel more in line to actually allowing romances to occur (a problem some people had with the original Demo).

@Redhood53 Thank you!! Im trying to add flirts in where they seem to fit most, not where everyone can be flirted with. And no, she is not based on a vila! Viila are based on a few different creatures (including the veela from J.K. Rowling’s world, vitali, and some fun stuff I threw in). I didn’t even know vila existed until I Googled them just now :sweat_smile:

Also your narrative voice is 100% on point as now I can’t even read my own synopsis without it :skull:

@Sel_Lee Ah, I’ll actually start doing that then! I didn’t think to do that, my bad.

@Konoi thank you so much!!! Loche has surprisingly become a quick favorite for a lot of people, hehe. Also, the “&” typo is not my doing; when dashingdon corrupts files, it basically inserts those everywhere a “…” appears… and unfortunately dashingdon can’t go 20 seconds without corrupting my files :skull:

But yes, as LadyUmbreon has said, the rewrite has a LOT of changes already (mostly Chapter 1+) as MC’s abilities have changed, the AoP is seen more as mysterious versus an immediate “oh that’s Big n Bad”, and various other things to improve the game overall. It’ll be a bit clunky Alpha when the rewrite drops, which will probably be sometime in September or October with the rewritten Chapter 1-3 (didn’t want to bring it back with too little content to start).

31 Likes

Ooh! I’m already looking forward to see the rewritten version! So far I’ve been in love with every one of your projects, and I absolutely have to admit that I’m looking forward to seeing this. Hope life is treating you well despite being so busy, and that you’re staying safe in this new terrifying world that we live in :sweat_smile::heart:

8 Likes

what can i say that has not already been said? great writing, great story and characters that are easy to like. The City of Adamantine stuff give me the vibes of City of Bones and my brain just FLOODED with serotonin!!

Also: team Loche all the way

(I mean, Freja has my heart too)

6 Likes

looking forward to seeing the rewrite!

1 Like

that was fun! can’t wait for more :slight_smile: