Mind Games: Obsession (WiP) (UPDATED JAN 27, 2021)

how can I change the colour pallet of the background?

this kind of hurts my eyes :frowning:

1 Like

You can’t, as far as I’m aware of. The author needs to change the theme from their side.

1 Like

oh dear. well I guess I have to wait till that happens :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t know where to start. It is such a rich story. I loved the characters, flow of the story, background and also rather controversial gorey parts. I said controversial because it is not for everyone but you managed to make it fit so well to the actual flow I don’t think the story would be complete without it. Great job loved every part of it and please don’t make us wait for too long for the next update.

6 Likes

Holy Devils, I almost forgot 'bout this…
This is an interesting one…

2 Likes

This was incredible.

1 Like

Ooh lol my bad then…

It’s not a typo, it’s actually slang. Iri is a very casual sort of character, and so they’ll use whatever word that feels right in the moment. That said, the rewrite isn’t finished, or posted. All typos on this version of the demo aren’t necessary to report until the newer version of MG:O has been released. :slightly_smiling_face:

The author, @Cierra_Lawson_Writes, is getting a new laptop soon because she’s had nothing but a semi-broken phone to work on for I-don’t-even-know-how-many months. It’s the main reason the rewrite is taking as long as it has to get into the ready state for the public release. I’m going to point out that it’s important to let Cierra get used to her new setup, and work rhythm once she’s had a chance to poke around her new device. Speaking of… Good luck, Cierra! I’m hoping for the best! :blush:

15 Likes

This was an AWESOME READ!!! You have helped keep my boredom away, so I must thank you😂

But really this book is awesome and I love world it’s in, like how supernatural mixes into everything. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.

Rewrite of Chapters Prologue-Chapter 2 have been uploaded!

56 Likes

Ecstatic to see this wip back in motion!!! Loving the rewrites so far and can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store next! The only thing I’m kinda missing is really getting into the customization of out MCs looks but then again it’s theater of the mind so I’m not too mad about it. Keep it up and wonderful to this project going again!!!

3 Likes

I’m so happy that this wip is back and the rewrite is really good looking forward to seeing how the story goes

2 Likes

I am so glad this wip is still alive and kicking. I thought it had died other good wips. I love the update and rewrite. Thank you for not abandoning this, it is by far one of my favorites. I wish you happy writing and great inspiration.

5 Likes

Thank you guys so much for the kind messages!!! :heart::heart::heart: I’m glad everyone seems to be enjoying the rewrite thus far!

25 Likes

Hey, if you could please NOT say stuff like this I’d appreciate it! It makes me incredibly uncomfortable, especially given I know the mind of Cartenbrul and the comments in the past like this eventually made me so uncomfortable I stopped writing for a while.

If you guys want to thirst over him, feel free to! But please… I don’t want to know about it given it feels like romanticizing a dangerous mental view. Thanks in advance!

8 Likes

Although the changes in some areas were slight, I have to say this; I love that the fight with the demonic bug-man feels a tad more manual now. The player chooses how they approach getting rid of their would-be killer, and it works very nicely! :blush:

Needing back up is an inevitability based on the very real power difference between the MC and Cartenbug, but the payoff is more satisfying. I know he’s not that bug-like, but it is satisfying to mock the monstrous fiend. Especially after he dared to underestimate “his prey”. Enjoy learning how to live without depth perception, fool!

Iri was not slick with that invis-veil. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m glad it’s feeling that way! I definitely wanted to give that feel; Especially as the previous version felt stilted even to me and I definitely wanted to fix that up this time.

Yes, exactly! MC is very clearly someone to be reckoned with (or, so I’ve hoped I’ve made come across), but even those who got some good power juice need help… especially when some soul sucking cretin is after you. And also, no, I 100% agree he’s bug-like enough to make fun of him with it LMAO Cartenroach… yeah, yeah I like this bug-themed bullying now. OH YOU TOOK HIS EYES??? Interesting, interesting…

Oh, you think it’s Iri? Not actually heard that one yet… but I guess you’ll find out if it was or not in Chapter 3 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really enjoying this so far and look forward to the rest of it! :blush:

Picked this up

Blake never told us his name during the interaction in front of the police station, but it’s inserted here after selecting the “Flutter some, and you can’t help, but smile…” option:

…flutter some, and you can’t stop the answering smile that spreads over your lips. He’s a handsome guy, and well, he’s not being pushy about it so far. What’s the harm in flirting back? “Mmmm, well, in the presence of such a gorgeous person such as yourself, cher, all my survival instincts seem to’ve just walked right on out and let the door smack me on the ass.” His grin turns almost wolfish and shows off his white and crooked teeth, his eyes alight with mischief and humor.

You feel your brows raise in exasperated amazement. "Tell me, how have you survived this long if they like to abandon you when you need them?" Blake winks, pulling his lower lip between his teeth.

"Pure luck and skill, cher. God just hasn't decided to kick my ass off of Earth just yet." You feel your brows try to rise further, unsure of what to make of his answer, though he doesn't leave you to consider it for long.

1 Like