Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

Loved it so far… I found Glitch easily to romance but Kenna, Sally and Ambrosia definitely not… I didn’t realise Sally was an option until I read the top about ROs. Nick’s relationship with his little sister is heartwarming.

Edit: so I managed to finally get somewhere with Ambrosia… now to try Sally and Kenna.

3 Likes

Kim’s romance is a difficult one cuz of everything involved, but I think the endgame will be worth it. Besides Nick’s reactions to that RO are peak comedy. And I think in this game especially, it depends on your MC’s views about their situation.

9 Likes

True but I think I managed to get somewhere with the grumpy teacher… she called my MC by her first name and before that actually caught her before she fell down the stairs.

1 Like

yeah you passed the check, I usually give the right answers at the beginning so I can put the ones I want when Kim interrogates you later (if i remember right, its 12-14 romance points and 30+ normal points)

2 Likes

I wasn’t referring to the new added chapters. I don’t remember clearly, but I felt the parts I had already read were changed.

This… has nothing to do with me. I had maxed out relationship with Nick, so it’s strange that MC would put Grayson over Nick in this route.

Otherwise, what I’ve expressed are my feelings and reactions only. “Don’t like, don’t play” is obviously a given. But I’m free to express what I liked and didn’t like about something. Audience reception is part of feedback.

10 Likes

Okay omg. I just played the demo and I’m already interested with Rosey. I love the concept of the game and how lovable most of the characters are. I like how light-hearted the narratives can get while contrasting with MC troubled past. I think it’s refreshing and strike a good balance with the worldbuilding. :relaxed:

5 Likes

I usually play medieval games where people fight with swords…But this one is an exemption… Because this is too much amazing…tbh I will buy this game the instant it comes out… Lol I was shocked when my Bali trip with Kenna almost broke

6 Likes

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. This story is really really good. No. It’s amazing. The angst is good. And we can choose to be not that angsty. But still a little bit angsty, or depressed you can say. I for once would never have the heart to be cruel to Nick. He’s a wholesome brother who likes to joke, which is perfect with my OC (she likes to joke too, sometimes a bit too dark, because that’s how she copes with her depressing life). The conclusion is I’m excited with the next part!

5 Likes

This is easily the best written CoG/CoG-adjacent game I’ve played yet, it is immaculate. Both in terms of the prose and setting up the emotional stakes. The love for Nick and the complex angst with the broader family situation. You’re not just told this is how Button feels, you feel it yourself. Very amazingly done. And I’ll always appreciate any kind of story that deals with some form of disability, especially one that does it with such insight.

14 Likes

How you ask? Two words for you pure-

But in all honesty it’s good to see a demo go into some of rougher aspects of having siblings and I can relate to some of what Button Butt (my nickname for mean Button) goes through.

6 Likes

I’ve played the demo so many times at this point, and this story never fails to make me so eager to see what happens next. And by god, the relationship between Button and Nick can be so sad depending on Button’s personality, and it really made me cry reading through the scenes. I can’t wait for more!

4 Likes

Has the call for beta testers happened yet?

Is it bad if I kind of want an ending where Nick and the MC aren’t separated? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Wow just wow
This is an incredible story
I’m really looking forward to it being released

3 Likes

Hi! Not yet. The first draft of the game isn’t quite complete, and I know the author intends to be really thorough when going through and editing for the second draft. We’re probably still a bit away from beta testing. :slight_smile:

Haha, I wouldn’t say it’s bad, but I think Saint Nick’s hilarious commentary would eventually start to drive Button up the wall, even if they do have that glorious 200% relationship. :smiley: Besides, I know I’m looking forward to that moment when we can give our big brother the warmest hug in the world and never let go. :heart:

16 Likes

I can’t believe i’m only now finding out about this wip, this is one of the best cyoa games i’ve played by far. Thank you for this piece of art, can’t wait to play the full game :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I kinda really want that as well. Like so badly.

4 Likes

Just wanna say I’m absolutely in love with Grayson, I’m a sucker for long-term (mutual?) pining and you’ve got me pretty pinned rn.

Can’t wait for the full game :eyes:

16 Likes

I just found out about this wip and I’m in love!!! Such a refreshing premise, where you are far from special (minus your family connections) and actually really really unlucky…I mean, a 0? Love how you set up the MC’s security net, and love all the characters. I’ve never had so much trouble deciding on my favourite RO!

3 Likes

No, tick, I will absolutely not stop sniffing my teacher. kthxbai

(flirting with Ambrose in the dumbest, most obnoxious way possible while Nick is in your head is the best thing ever)

17 Likes