Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

Every time I flirt with Rosy with Nick stuck inside my head, this meme comes to mind, I just couldn’t help it

74 Likes

If you think about certain flirt choices in Kim’s route this is 100% accurate. Isn’t there one that says something like ‘‘could take me to heaven/hell’’ and ‘‘benchpress/flatten you’’? (Sorry haven’t read it in a while, but is when you are waiting in their office).

5 Likes

Exactly the same thought

Let’s have at this!

I see @Gloomcat is here. Will we endlessly butt heads about which faction sucks the most like in A Mage Reborn?
Will we be in complete agreement about who tops the suck-o-meter like in Sword of Rhivenia?
Will we sneer at each other when we’re introduced in official functions, keeping a veneer of politeness in front of heads of state as we manouevre the political landscape trying to outdo each other? Why would that even matter seeing as we both have souls and are therefore ineligible to be government contractors?!
Let’s find out!

Remarks typed as I play, so this might end up an unorganised mess.

I’m going to start by saying that I REALLY appreciate the frequent humour. Just because we biologically suck doesn’t mean we can’t snark about it.

Did “Sally cry so that” or did “Sally cry so MUCH that”? Those two versions give very different takes on kid!Sally’s personality.

It probably won’t impact the game, as there won’t be a save feature, but if I try to load a game from the message list screen after I checked the message from Dad, I get, well, this:

You missed one pronoun switch on Kenna’s revealed file, should be “her enrollment”.

Sleep break!

EDIT: Sleep time over, time for playing!

One of the "began"s should not exist.

I’ve reached this part, and yep, concur. It’s jasmine AND spice and all things hot and… not-nice?

I, in fact, did NOT talk to the kid who saw the artist, so much so that the option in the previous menu was grayed out.

What?! No! How is this over already?! I was promised make-out sessions on customisable bedsheets! CUSTOMISABLE! BEDSHEETS!

I’d just gotten Ambrosia to call me by my first name, too. This demo is getting in the way of our LOVE!

Also, those Podium posts were disgusting. I pity you the time spent doing research on how to write them.

Also also, the link to Cupid Calamity doesn’t work.

Let’s check out the Santa Scam!

“That man at THE MALL”, surely?

Carmen SandiEgo! I will not allow this misnaming of one of the most notable female entrepeneurs! Entrepeneures? Entrepeneuresses? Entrepeneurettes?

EDIT: I forgot one remark about Mind Blind itself - I think it’s a bad move to have those questions about the nurse and the waitress. Sure, if people play it all in one go they aren’t hard questions, but I don’t think most people do that. If, say, you play during your commutes or something or real life throws a curve ball your way, there can be a non-insignificant interval between being given the information (which you have no reason to believe is important in first playthroughs in any case; contrast with your infiltration profile, which is at least something you are aware you should remember) and having to resort to it. And since the game itself won’t have a save system other than “remembering where you were when you last played”, this means people might just start the whole playthrough from the start not to try different options but just to get that info, which seems ‘not-great’ to me.

8 Likes

The man at the hospital I think is intentional! It’s referenced in-game a few times that Button spent a lot of time at the hospital growing up because of all the tests being conducted on their brain/Zero. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, I meant the questions about the description of the nurse you bump into while going into Nicholas’s room (and about the waitress).

2 Likes

70 Likes

My only complaint about this game is that I cannot play properly for turning into a laughing machine at every single choice and relatable existential crisis line I read. :joy:

26 Likes

Anyone know if more of the game is updated on patreon??

Yes, the Patreon demo goes to chapter 17

8 Likes

Thank you. I’m definitely going to check it out

1 Like

Chapter 17 you say

32 Likes

I would absolutely say it’s been worth it to me. There’s a Patreon only Discord for some levels where you can scream about spoiler stuff.

(This was previously inaccurate information, whoops!)

2 Likes

Ahem what now? BRB, gonna lose some money on a monthly basis

1 Like

I take it The Cupid Calamity is a Patreon exclusive?

squeals loudly

EDIT: I want to change that squeal to a less loud one, as there’s no Ambrosia route (yet?). :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Just curious, what tier is it to access the extended demo? Just whatever gives accessed to the closed alpha?

1 Like

Oh, Cupid Calamity is available to the public; you can find the link on Tumblr. :heart:

@Jeeshadow1 Yes, the closed alpha is the same as the extended demo, so it’s accessible to AMOs/the $5 tier and up. :slight_smile:

My pleasure! Glad I could help. <3

10 Likes

Thanks! Good to know!

1 Like

Set It Off released a song and it has Mind Blind vibes all over.

2 Likes

This is great, I was almost a little scared at the beginning (my father owns two of the little doggos) this thing is amazing, i love all the characters, and being funny made it feel wholesome as hell.

I got a real kick out of checking the sheet and seeing i had like, a 158% relationship with Saint Nick… and i find it hilarious that the character can be horni mess towards the characters if you’re bisexual, thank you for this, seems like it’ll be big, have a great day! :>

4 Likes