MetaHuman Inc. -- The finest superpowers money can buy!

Oof. Another maybe-bug, @PaulGresty - if you go by the ‘looper’ path, it resets your personality traits (that is, candor and compassion) to their starting default of 50, while also skipping you past the bit where they can be set to more extreme, useful values. Based on the idea of the scene there, maybe init_candor and init_compassion should be set to be equal to the actual values after Winston’s starting questions?

edit: And another. On the [spoiler]Surgeons’ world, if you choose to battle them without creating a distraction, it counts up your battle-relevant enhancements among psi, timeskip, legerity, hex, and super probability, and gives you a success in the battle

if ((no_enhancements = 4) or ((no_enhancements = 3) and ((resolve >= 30) or (candor <= 8))))

and failure otherwise. Of course, this means you fail if you have all five of them, instead of only 4, which can’t possibly be intended.[/spoiler]

1 Like

Just tested it myself, and it happened again. Must be a Chrome-only issue. Still, not too hard to avoid.

Bugs noted, and being worked on.

2 Likes

In my book, not a bug – if the player ends up in a situation where the criteria you refer to is met, then the player is cheating.

Time skip is level 3 tech and super probability is level magic. Unless you are cheating, I can’t see any way to get them both in the same game.

You would have to choose tech to start, make the maximum risky investment each turn and buy all tech and neutral enhancements as they become available, until the game allows you to purchase level 3 enhancements, then pay to move to magic ASAP, picking up all the /magic/ enhancements as you pass them (because, after all, they count towards the 5 enhancements being checked here), and finally pick up the super probability prior to November.

No. It’s entirely do-able and I have done it without a cheat, or even using the time loop.

You got it backwards. I start with Nemesis and a science background, because Esme gets you a +15 to witchery. Roll out Probability Filter in July and immediately start backpedaling toward the Science side. All it takes is money, and a full suite of enhancements is a license to print money. Investments aren’t required, btw.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s a little tricky, but definitely possible.

@Suzukigun

Regarding that achievement,

To be fair, it is kind of a New Game +, or at least it changes your next playthrough a bit. I was like you, I got the Looper ending thing naturally, on my first playthrough. During the moment when you would normally be asked if you knew who killed Katariki, it reveals you have remembered the answer. And then, meeting Katariki and his friend, when they interrogate you, you reveal that you remember this meeting also, and get the last question right ("Why did Katariki make you the CEO?) But you’re right, I did wish there was a bit more to it.

1 Like

Making it a newgame+ thing would actually be phenomenally easy - the reason that it isn’t is because it ‘manually’ resets everything back to 0 (or the equivalent of 0) when you do it. If that simply were not done for certain values (the most obvious would be personality and enhancements), then they would be maintained.

The looper part was confusing. Since you went back in time all your enhancements are gone and your personality traits reset to 50/50 (which I didn’t notice and invitablty failed miserably at the press conference…) Aside from a few things here and there I didn’t see much of a difference. (Course I sort of breezed through some choices that I already knew I was going to select) I was kind of hoping it’d be like a New Game + and honestly thought that by going through one research tree go back in time with all my previous enhancements and then going the other research to get the remaining enhancements was the way to unlock the Curator achievement, but apparently not as it reset all enhancements and personality traits.
Also has anyone gotten the Curator achievement and if so how? I’m really hoping I don’t have to support the Surgeon invasion

Yep, Curator is for siding with the Surgeons.

Actually, I’m kind of surprised that there wasn’t more in there about finding and dealing with the Surgeons that are already on earth. Even if you stop the actual invasion, at least a few are free, and even a few invisible creatures that multiply by parasitic conversion are an existential threat to the human race.

3 Likes

Darn. I don’t like the idea of selling out the human race… but for the achievement points I might just do it.

1 Like

IPhone 4S is 7.0.2 and crashes on start-up

You know, I’m not completely sure that the ‘Unstoppable’ achievement is actually achievable. Has anybody gotten it? It requires affinity (or the eye implant) to spot the shooter and then legerity to get up there in time - but it takes place before that month’s enhancement-granting, so both enhancements have to be completed in the first month. Both cost 15 per level, or 75 to complete, so that’s 150 total - plus 50 labs to have access to both.

Perm_resources start at 75, You can get +5 from a background in finance, +30 from abandoning Pentafrome 5 to sell the inferior product, and +40 for the full cost-saving measures with nemesis or claudette, taking you exactly to 150…but you only have 45 starting labs, and you can’t afford the increase. And if you use the maybe-alien guy instead, you have enough labs, but the cost-saving only gives you 30 resources, not enough to fully develop both…I don’t see how it’s possible.

We’ve submitted a fix for the iOS 7 bug to Apple. We’ll have to wait for them to approve the fix.

While we wait, you can contact us at metahuman-ios7@choiceofgames.com and we’ll help you out.

@PaulGresty I really liked how this story felt different (monthly meeting wise). I think something went buggy in my first play through, at the end it said that I didn’t decide to help the predecessor and his master, but I chose to completely help them when the choice arose. Did this happen because I refused to bargain with that Aaron fella? I felt like I did agree to help and deciding to look for an alternative for the bottle was not joined to choosing to help or not.

Also I notice that this happens if your head of department is Anita Aliyev, it shows Jon-Tarr instead. This happens after nemesis commits a crime and I decide to help the police and we appoint Nemisis’ assistant; Anita.

In the review about the clone. She says i let him go free but that’s not what happened. I let him dieafter his fall and and left the barrier up.

@PaulGresty

I think @Dominic is right. I can’t see any possible way to get the Unstoppable achievement. Are we missing something, or is that the case?

1 Like

So Orpheus Ruse and Metahuman coexist in the same world I did not expect that, this game provided so many surprises.

I’m checking on the bugs mentioned so far right now. Let me take a look and see if I’ve made that ‘Unstoppable’ achievement unattainable. Whoopsie, if so.

1 Like

I bought it. The price was reasonable, good choice from you (unlike another game, expensive and not worth it)
I have read a few pages. It seems very promising, I think I am going to enjoy it.
I want to second those who complain because of the awful English language you read in some games. That is especially bad if English is not your first language, as it is my case.