Memento Mori - Survival/Psychological Horror WIP

I’ll also review replayability how easy it is to understand and whether or not it’s too hard or easy.

I’ll be your little critic in the LCD/LED screen although I’m not harsh also I can’t edit my posts that’s why there’re so many.

Also do you specify in the game when the chapters end?

Please use the Edit function to combine your posts.

It won’t let me it’s the same problem I told FGF about 2 weeks ago.

It keeps saying that composer was opened without a draft key. Well it’s not anymore :angry: I’m starting to get mad at this has this happened before

I love it so far! I found a bug where I was in room 106 and picked up the key, but then the game goofed and sent me back to room 104. Also, it would be nice if we could see a list of the secrets we’ve found. I’ll give more feedback after I finish the demo. :slight_smile:

Edit: So I got to the fight with the chimera in the emergency room. I tried to drug it, but I didn’t have enough morphine. When I tried to use the flashlight, there was an error message that said “No selectable choices.” I was able to reload the checkpoint and finish the fight, though.

Very cool. It’s coming together really nicely. And this is your first game? I’m impressed.

I might note that during the first fight you might want to add some text to the ‘duck away’ option. It felt a little weird clicking it and immediately being dumped back to the same choices with no other text.

@Joeman9833 wow that’s high praise indeed, thank you very much! I’ve heard great things about the Silent Hill series so being compared to them is pretty cool.

@Generikb I would love to hear your views. And yes, I do, there’s a chapter title at the beginning of a new chapter.

@Mirabella I’ll definitely check the bugs you reported. As for the list of secrets, I might add that once the game is done - it’s a low priority addition.

@OdicHastings thank you! And that should probably not be happening, I could’ve sworn there’s text for that option. I’ll take a look.

EDIT:
All reported bugs should be fixed now.

@TheRedWiseman PM’ed me this critique which I’ll be addressing here:

The surgical mask is actually picked up if you select the option ‘Why not? Give it a go.’ after removing the vent grate.

I just checked the secret passage text and there was only one occasion where I had to fix the formatting. I couldn’t find any other instances of misplaced apostrophes: if you can, please quote the specific sentence.

As for the checkpoint markers … yeah, there’s a lot, but I didn’t want players being too frustrated with some of the puzzles. There are a LOT of opportunities for dying. My current strategy for placing checkpoints is one at the start of every chapter, and one before and after every free-roam area. This makes for a lot of checkpoints, but it gets less noticeable after Chapter 2 when the chapters start getting longer and the free-roam areas bigger.

WOOOHOOOOO! I haven’t played this yet, but it’s exactly the kind of game that sounds like a ton of fun to me! : D I have a psychological horror game in the works, too- submitted to CScomp. Having this much done on yours, I’m really anticipating seeing if I can survive through my first playthrough. ;D

So… is the title of this game a massive plot spoiler or something?

Well, your character isn’t immortal (I think I can safely say that’s not a spoiler). They’re going to die some day …

Sure, but it could be a clever play on that phrase that turns out to be a spoiler. That’s what I immediately assumed when I read the first post. lol