Lux: City of Secrets - Book 3 of The Evertree Saga by Thom Baylay

Yes,you can go back to D if you take the trip with winter to the wastes,just don’t go to the temple after visiting tavern.
-------------------------------------------------------------‐------------------------------------------------------------

Also a question:-

Is there any way to keep the fancy rapier which we found at the mayor’s home as a permanent weapon?
I tried many times but it always just disappear after the fight in the square.

Edit:-
I think I just found the answer, the rapier is made of gold.
I actually never thought about that.

8 Likes

Is the save feature out yet? (^・ω・^)

7 Likes

It is for the website and iOS versions. Not Steam yet. (Yes, I do own Sordwin three times…)

11 Likes

It should be available on GooglePlay as well, although I think some people have had difficulty with this. I would really appreciate any confirmations people can give that they have been able to save after Sordwin on Android.

9 Likes

Well, my game was not updated yet, so I presume it’s still on the way for google play. (Google play usually works with areas, so it might be available for someone else in a different region)

2 Likes

@ThomB I just updated on Android so hopefully it’ll work so I can test beta.

3 Likes

I was able so save it on Android :wave:

3 Likes

I can save now too, starting preparation for Lux o/

2 Likes

My game on Steam has just downloaded a new patch. I assume is the one that allow to save, but I haven’t tried myself yet (sadly I’m too busy right now :sweat_smile: ).

3 Likes

I know the feeling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Guys, i ended up with 1 doubt, what weapon mod should I choose at the end, did anyone noticed a change in stats or a special effect?

For example, arcanum is makes easy to pass spell check or makes some random effects?

Just upgrading the weapon (without augmentation), make the weapon bonus and negative effect of it raise?

Silver I think it’s pretty obvious since it’s good against some creatures, same for the holy water (getting a extra religion bonus), gold should impress the high class people of the city or something like that

4 Likes

@ThomB

I believe you said you aren’t the one who decides when the save button is added, so maybe this issue is not one you can fix, but perhaps you can pass on this knowledge to whoever can.

The button itself works fine for me and I was able to successfully save my play through at the end of Sordwin. The issue comes in when I went to replay the book.

When I got to the screen where I can choose to continue with my character from Evertree Inn or create a new character, I chose to import my save. I was able to select my saved play through for Sordwin. It says, “Sorry this is a saved game for the conclusion of Sordwin. Try loading another saved game.” It is convenient if I need to look back at my end stats for Sordwin for whatever reason because choosing this file changes the stat screen to match.

So then I selected to create a new character. After creating my new character however, I realized that the stat screen was a mix of my previous save file and the character I just made. I thought that choosing to start a new adventure would reset the stat screen, but it didn’t.

It was interesting to read. Some of my stats for chapter 1 were over 100% because of how the files morphed. Ruby asked me if I had anyone (I didn’t get with anyone from Evertree, but Orion was who I romanced in Sordwin) and she says I had good taste, which I think is only said when you’re already with someone. All my clues from the end of my play were still there, but when I rediscovered the clue it was replaced with the less detailed version just like it was when I first discovered it in my original play. My new character’s name and race replaced the previous values. The backstory talked about my adventure at Evertree. Orion was at 85% which is the highest I’ve ever gotten him at the end (I think thats as high as I can get it?), but I was able to get him up to 93%. The bonus at the end of chapter 1 made all the stats that were over 100% drop to 100%. Exploring was weird because I got the option to “go back to” certain areas, but also the option to explore those same areas like I hadn’t been there. Without meeting Sebastian, I spoke to Jewel and the option to tell her someone was looking for her popped up. When I went to the tavern after, I still met him as if for the first time. When speaking to certain characters where the Determination/Compassion stat comes into play, their reactions didn’t correctly match which one I was leaning towards.

Regardless, I obviously shouldn’t have been able to play with a mixed file (but like an investigator I still wanted to find out what would happen). It not only messes with how the story should correctly function, but also could be used to cheat for higher stats.

Apologies because again I know this probably isn’t something you can change, but I thought it would be important to mention so you could bring it to the attention of who can. c:

11 Likes

Thank you for raising this issue. I will forward to CoG as this is indeed something that they will have to address.
I should also point out that if it brings your stats to over 100% it will probably break the game before it allows you to cheat so probably not worth it.

13 Likes

Do we have a discord for this game? I kind of want of talk about random things of the evertree universe like the difference between an elemental and a manamental, and i don’t feel like this is the right place

9 Likes

There’s a Facebook group called Guests at Evertree Inn. Everyone is welcome there if they want to start discussions on different aspects of the game.
I’d be really happy if we got Discord going too, but I don’t have a lot of time atm as working on Lux is still my whole life :S

23 Likes

Giving that I don’t have Facebook account and have no plan on making one, I’m asking through this forum in case someone wants to answer. What is the difference between a changelling and a doppleganger in this setting???

Because I had assumed that the changellings of this world was the equivalent to dopplegangers until I’ve replayed Sordwin with a bibliophyle character who have literally spend all their money in Lady Carlota’s bookstore (finished with a very little and chep house but a huge library XD), and there in the Races of the World book (or something like that, sorry, I’m terrible with names :sweat_smile: ) appear that doppleganger do exist, are different to changellings and are monsters. And then I found the dopplegangers in the Monstrology book and now I’m absolutly confused.

Apparently, the only difference is that changellings lack their parent’s mind-reading skills so… why are doppleganger monsters and changellings a race. Is a matter of inteligence, language or something like that? Is it a question of “evilness” or behavior? Do dopplegangers are hostile by nature, or harmful to other races or feed on them or are they just not civilized or…? Don’t know, I find it just strange. Like saying that elfs and half-elfs are one a race and the other a creature. Maybe I’m missing somehting here but had anybody think about this or find an explanation in the game? I would have look on the internet but, as this things (like the “brownies” definition too) change so much between stories I wasn’t sure it would be helpful…

6 Likes

Same reason a Fossegrim is a “monster” and Sebastian isn’t. They’re half monsters to be exact, but also half whatever other race.

This isn’t a in-game explanation, just my personal guess.

Also, some did a discord to talk about the game it was announced in the Facebook page, but since you don’t have one here it is: https://discord.gg/CjVFHgnr

7 Likes

This is a fun question. I won’t go into loads of detail because this is something that may be explored further in later games. However, the short answer is that in the Evertree Saga, the difference between a race and a monster depends on how well they fit into society.

Orcs and half-orcs are an example of this. When you meet a full orc, you’ll see why they count as monsters while half-orcs like Gunther are considered a race!

Sebastian is another great example. He is a half-fey and gets on okay as a citizen of Sordwin, compared to a full fey like the dryad which would never bend to the laws and customs of others.

Changelings owe their shapeshifting ability to doppelganger lineage, but it is diluted enough to mean they are accepted and able to function in society. True Doppelgangers…not so much. But hopefully you won’t ever encounter a real one :wink:

23 Likes

Hello,
To anyone doing the current beta, it will be closing soon so please get your feedback to me when you can. To anyone who emailed me to join the beta and never heard back, I apologise. I responded to as many as I could in the first few days but after that, I had to switch focus to implementing the feedback that was coming in. I’m sorry I couldn’t accept everyone’s generous offers of help but please know that I am very grateful and I hope you will enjoy the finished product when it comes out.

35 Likes

Hi i need help for sordwin how to moved against the first monster in order to defeat it??? I already haved the gold knife from the ship. Thanks

2 Likes