Lux: City of Secrets - Book 3 of The Evertree Saga by Thom Baylay

You need a high enough compassion or determination score. I think it’s 55 compassion to break free if you say you want to help, and 55 determination to break free if you say you want to kill the monster.

5 Likes

thank you so much.:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, is really interesting! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m not sure how I feel about the whole able-to-function-in-society thing (I’m looking at you Winter :unamused: :rofl: ), but jokes aside, I get the point. I’m assuming, although, that when we are talking about “society” is about the “surface society” because, according to the monstrology book, “deep gnomes”, that are also considered monsters, seems to have a society of their own (they have cities, at least). Now I’m wondering if the MC and the rest of the cast are thought as monsters from other creatures point of view. The dryad certainly seems to think that… :thinking:

I won’t pry any longer if it may apperar later, nonethelesss. I hope it does. I love this kind of topics.

@Pedro_Aires , thank you very much for the answer. I would like to check the discord but it seems the link has expired :confused: (My fault, I’m not exactly regular in social networks…)

5 Likes

Wait there was a discord made and I missed it? Gah, I should check this forum more

2 Likes

I usually only lurk but here’s a link to the discord that should never expire! Hope y’all will join! https://discord.gg/2fTbDvRK

11 Likes

In the beta version of 3rd book aka Lux, Daisy never made a comeback, so unless she is your current RO,Daisy doesn’t appear in both 2nd and 3rd books.
Both D and L are only available if they are your current RO’s.

4 Likes

I really hope they make a comeback just because I feel like the MC could have like… a great friendship with D. And I want to see them outside of a romantic context. I know it’s unlikely, but I want it. And I want D to judge me on my choice of RO.

13 Likes

I really liked Daisy and Lamuel.
But them choosing the inn rather than accompany you is a lohical choice fir them.
They are both romantic (as they are dreamer and wants adventure) but Daisy is a scaredicat who own a lot for her lovely foster family. She love them dearly and genualy want to help them. She love working in the inn. She met new people in a secure area, surround by her family. That can be enough for her if the romance wasn’t active.
Lamuel isn’t afraid but is bound by his duty yo his mother and daisy. Without romance, he (or she) couldn’t leave them because of his sense of duty.

I bet that they would have loved having our protagonist and her/his family member (baby sister in my browni case) work here with them.

4 Likes

Daisy/Dandy is the agent, she/he doesn’t work at the inn.

5 Likes

Well crap Imma have to replay the first two books since I don’t remember anything, but I do know I liked them and I know this will be great too.

5 Likes

Oh, I thought that was the halfling name.

3 Likes

For the people who know about the mage levels from the spellbook you could find and sordwin, what level do you think daisy/dandy is?

4 Likes

Will we get more romanced Oriana scenes in the City of Lux? * ฅ(^・ω・^ฅ)

5 Likes

Yes,there is a romantic scene with O when MC fights the demigod Cow.

8 Likes

Daisy is at the novice level, but she doesn’t know all the spells she should at this level, for example she could fly, but she had to learn the spell to unlock doors.

This is purely based on what she showed to us, up to the end of Sordwin, she can pretty much be at the master level, but never showed it

5 Likes