Lux: City of Secrets - Book 3 of The Evertree Saga by Thom Baylay

I like fantasy detective / mystery games, but usually these are in settings that are similar to our today world (or even are in our world), with the supernatural aspect of the world being somewhat hidden / not known to all. And it’s not uncommon for the MC to be new to this world, or even to be a regular human lost in that.
That’s fine, I love the style but… The Evertree Saga is actually the ONLY detective story in a full fantasy setting I know. The kind of setting that usually feature quests to save the world and fights against dark lords. I think it’s one of the main reasons it’s so great.

I have JUST finished the second book, and I’m sooo hyped for the next one now!

10 Likes

That’s great to hear :smiley: Thanks for supporting the series. I try to go for a different feel in each of my books, but the common theme will always be the mystery solving/high-fantasy pairing :slight_smile:

I do hope you and everyone else will enjoy Lux. It’s such a huge project and it’s hard to say how far through it I am, or when it will be ready for release (or even beta testing), but I want everyone to know that I’m working on it super hard, as fast as my brain will allow!

Thanks again x

32 Likes

Dandy Thorne, but not :joy:

21 Likes

Lol, you kept the unicorn on with no context or explanation? :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

That’s right, I did :joy:
Best this way

7 Likes

So I’ve been overthinking the whole deal with Orion and lux city of secrets basically thinking up scenarios that I know isn’t possible…but my mine concern is that we won’t be able to romance Orion in book 3 because he’s basically a slow burn character making us wait in sweet pain and plus the time Frame feels like it won’t be enough time to actually get him to fall for us?? so I’m feeling down just thinking about not getting him then…I’d appreciate some reassurance that maybe it is possible? Sorry I’m typing this half asleep at 4 am.,.

5 Likes

Haha I have been in similar situations with IPs that I follow and ROs I get heavily into :slight_smile:

I won’t spoil anything, but to be on the safe side I’ll use blur anyway: All the romances introduced in Evertree and Sordwin have the chance to progress in Lux, depending on your choices. That said, all the ROs have very different styles and themes in their progressions, and some move faster than others. It’s important to me that they all offer something different. I guess it depends what you mean by ‘able to romance’. It will be it’s own thing which I hope you will enjoy :slight_smile:
And that’s all I shall say for now :zipper_mouth_face:

34 Likes

When I read the answer nr in the first photo I straight up yelled “ROASTED!!!”

3 Likes

Only. Fans. When?

2 Likes

So i think just finished the first draft of City of Secrets…
Can’t quite believe I’ve reached this point! Hopefully public beta can open in the next few months. Will have a bit more information regarding the next steps for the series soon, so watch this space.

Thank you everyone for your continued support. Still a long road to publication but it feels amazing to have made it this far. I hope Lux will be something really unique (and ideally fun too!)

94 Likes

Oh wow, congrats!
I’m happy for you (and well, for us too!) - such a huge milestone!

5 Likes

Awesome news! :grin::grin: Time to replay the demo for the 100th time…

3 Likes

More sexy and fun adventure with my boy Dandy. :heart_eyes: :grin:

6 Likes

Congratulations! This is my favorite series in all of interactive fiction and is definitely one of the greatest fantasy series in the genre. I absolutely adore your work and look forward to contributing in the beta. Hope all is well and good, my friend.

6 Likes

Congratulations for reaching a milestone hope you continue to reach them all and take care.

3 Likes

What, really, already?? :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: I’m so excited the first draft exists!!! (I was preparing for much later for some reason.) I’m looking forward to what’s to come - beta & all :heart_eyes: ready for all the City secrets

6 Likes

Congrats! Excited to see what twists and turns you have in store for us!

4 Likes

Time to star replaying the whole series for saves!

5 Likes

Can’t wait to play…I loved Evertree inn and Sordwin…

5 Likes

YES! Now I have one other bit of Evertree to refuse to shut up about when my family and friends are trying to concentrate. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

8 Likes