Lux: City of Secrets - Book 3 of The Evertree Saga by Thom Baylay

I haven’t played through Sordwin with L, so I don’t actually know what happens. I have played with D (though I completely avoided Winter in that route), but if the scene is similar, isn’t it the MC who’d be cheating?

2 Likes

Nah, he’s not a cheater. To be a cheater requires commitment to someone and he’s not committed to anyone, as far as we know in the story. If any, he seduces people to cheat on their partner with him.

He cheats on life by being shapeshifter, but that’s different kind of cheater.

And yes, I don’t trust him as well.

6 Likes

No, he take the form of a furniture and reveal himself AFTER.

4 Likes

Oh, yeah, that’s a different sort of cheater to what I thought you meant, more deceptive/sly, which yes, I’ll agree with

3 Likes

Man, I hope everyone will enjoy an open city-wide festival which they can explore with their choice of companion (or alone!) Because I am putting a lot of time and energy into it :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a major spoiler but blurring it just in case anyone wants to go in totally blind :slight_smile:

38 Likes

I’m really hoping that my brownie will finally meet her kid sister.

3 Likes

Wohooo I always love festival scene!

3 Likes

I think I’ve said this already somewhere else in the thread, or possibly on the Facebook Group, but just to clarify - the MC’s family will be mentioned in this book and can be developed in some small ways, but since this book takes place in Lux, a reunion will not happen in this story.

I do have plans for the MC to see their surviving family member again but it won’t be in Lux.
:slight_smile: Thank you for your patience. Got to tell the stories one book at a time, and hopefully this book will be so full of content that it will have plenty to enjoy until then :slightly_smiling_face:

Seriously, I can’t stress how many different threads and options there are in this thing :stuck_out_tongue:

37 Likes

Thank you for clarifying the family member thing! I remember wondering if that meant someone related might physically show up.

Edit: Please don’t take that to mean I’m disappointed at all. I’m more than excited to learn you will be taking to time to flesh things out!! And I intend to play as many routes as I possibly can figure out in every Evertree book :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I for one am very excited.

7 Likes

Another Daisy Thorne & Kylea commissioned piece by annasassiart, inspired by a fanfic

49 Likes

Stunning!

13 Likes

New character question. What is their number one pet peeve?

3 Likes

Top peeves for:
Kylea = when her bedhead has unruly curls

Vinga = chatty people

3 Likes

I’ll just answer for one of my characters since all of them would be a bit much, haha.

Ilse can’t stand mumbling. Speak up, dangit.

5 Likes

Oooh, just like Mother Gothel from Tangled, huh.

2 Likes

Man this better release this year or I’m loosing my mind
PS: this is actually the only detective game/novel I have ever loved,and overall the series especially the second installement had some AMAZING game mechanics that I would love to see other creators here implement(the clue system,the magic system,the books,the leveling up system…are just sooo good)

6 Likes

Working on it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I hope it can be this year but obviously 2020 hasn’t gone as planned and lockdown is a killer for creativity.

Thank you so much for supporting the series. I hope the mechanics in the next book continue to appeal :slight_smile:

25 Likes

I might be biased but judging by the first two books and everything we know about the third one, I think I’m not exaggerating when I say that Lux has the potential to be the single greatest book on all of cog/hg :grin::grin:

12 Likes

I sure hope it comes out this year! I can’t wait to continue romancing Orion​:heart: I loved Evertree and Sordwin and I know I’ll love Lux city of secrets to! I recently went back to this thread and found Orion’s playlist which introduced me to some amazing songs I just love them! I feel like I can actually feel Orion in the songs. Thank you for writing such an awesome book​:heart::heart:

14 Likes