Lucky Nova (WIP)

Hey everybody-

Wow, this forum sure has changed a lot in the past couple of years. If any of you remember, I started a project a while back that sort of… well, died. To the press: at this juncture, I can in fact confirm that 2345 is, in fact, dead as a doorknob (commemorative t-shirts coming soon!).

In any case, I’ve gotten back into the ChoiceScript arena with a new project, Lucky Nova, a sci-fi space adventure set in the fairly distant future. It follows the crew members of the titular starship as they lie, battle, and fly their way around a wide-open galaxy.

As you’ll hopefully see, Lucky Nova incorporates a few genres and a massive number of influences. Just off the top of my head, I can name Firefly, Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Ocean’s Eleven, Leverage, Tom Clancy and Elite: Dangerous as influences.

So far I’ve completed but a tiny piece of what I hope to eventually write (as of 5/30/2018), about a quarter of the introductory chapter. But please, bear with me here. I’m older, wiser, more confident, a somewhat better writer and a much more realistic person than I was two-and-a-half-years ago. I’ve also learned of a wonderful thing called a plot outline, which I’ve already done for the entire story.

Demo available here (most recent update: 5/30/2018):
https://dashingdon.com/go/2737

31 Likes

U named my favourite games of all time congrats! I love sci fi and I can’t wait for a teensy bit more!:yum::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
That second page drew me in!

2 Likes

Welcome back - it is wonderful to see you go forward with your new project.

6 Likes

Yes! i’m excited for this- I’ve been really into Sci-Fi lately :smiley:

1 Like

God i loved firefly it was such a great series.

Just a little feedback. I’m not too deep into the demo, yet.

As it is, the star-facing side of your cockpit

Perhaps you want to use the term port and starboard, which is left and right, respectively. As well as bow and stern; front and back.
Link of wiki

1 Like

Heist-based space opera? I will have to check it out.

I’m enjoying this so far, just a little nit pick, but I’m pretty system names that have numbers should be written as numbers not words.

Looks neat so far. I look forward to reading more! I wonder if we get to have cybernetics like that charming fellow in the streets?

Yay welcome back. Hope this project turns out fun. I wonder what the stat screen will look like and what the choices will be like.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.