Lucky Nova (WIP)

gender-choice
science-fiction

Hey everybody-

Wow, this forum sure has changed a lot in the past couple of years. If any of you remember, I started a project a while back that sort of… well, died. To the press: at this juncture, I can in fact confirm that 2345 is, in fact, dead as a doorknob (commemorative t-shirts coming soon!).

In any case, I’ve gotten back into the ChoiceScript arena with a new project, Lucky Nova, a sci-fi space adventure set in the fairly distant future. It follows the crew members of the titular starship as they lie, battle, and fly their way around a wide-open galaxy.

As you’ll hopefully see, Lucky Nova incorporates a few genres and a massive number of influences. Just off the top of my head, I can name Firefly, Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Ocean’s Eleven, Leverage, Tom Clancy and Elite: Dangerous as influences.

So far I’ve completed but a tiny piece of what I hope to eventually write (as of 5/30/2018), about a quarter of the introductory chapter. But please, bear with me here. I’m older, wiser, more confident, a somewhat better writer and a much more realistic person than I was two-and-a-half-years ago. I’ve also learned of a wonderful thing called a plot outline, which I’ve already done for the entire story.

Demo available here (most recent update: 5/30/2018):
https://dashingdon.com/go/2737

U named my favourite games of all time congrats! I love sci fi and I can’t wait for a teensy bit more!:yum::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
That second page drew me in!

Welcome back - it is wonderful to see you go forward with your new project.

Yes! i’m excited for this- I’ve been really into Sci-Fi lately :smiley:

God i loved firefly it was such a great series.

Just a little feedback. I’m not too deep into the demo, yet.

As it is, the star-facing side of your cockpit

Perhaps you want to use the term port and starboard, which is left and right, respectively. As well as bow and stern; front and back.
Link of wiki

Heist-based space opera? I will have to check it out.

I’m enjoying this so far, just a little nit pick, but I’m pretty system names that have numbers should be written as numbers not words.

Looks neat so far. I look forward to reading more! I wonder if we get to have cybernetics like that charming fellow in the streets?

Yay welcome back. Hope this project turns out fun. I wonder what the stat screen will look like and what the choices will be like.