Lords of Aswick - Out Now!

I didn’t ask for that, I’m just stating that he mentioned that he said that he wanted to fix that, I think before starting the sequel.

Those Blue Moons need to come in more often. Or someone needs to create something akin to a Game Shark or Game Genie, and soon.

Even if @Goshman did mention something about an update, your comment earlier can be taken offensively even if you yourself did not intend nor see it as offensive.

Also IIRC pushing an update takes time and effort, so when an update is sent through, it should have a decent number of bug fixes not just one (unless it’s absolutely game breaking). And as @RanchoJoe stated, @Goshman had been busy working on his new game.

Keep in mind majority of the people who publish games are one-(wo)man, both writing and coding. After that there’s testing, editing, and everyone has their own respective lives to deal with.

So progress can be very slow, because there’s so much to do, so sometimes an update for a bug that’s not game breaking will not be a priority. Rather than complain, encourage and avoid giving authors any more pressure than they need.

4 Likes

Yeah, sorry. But, look on the bright side, it’s almost summer, so at least some authors might be able to really get cracking, plus, I might even try my own idea, if I could ever figure out the damn coding.

Yay summer break!

Regrettably, there’s no summer break after you finish school :frowning:

3 Likes

Choice of Games is the best demonstrator as to why we need a three month a year paid vacation time as stated by William Howard Taft. And paid family leave for at least six months per parent(personal opinion and experience)(not the paid part my mom quit her job until I was about 8 years old).

Imagine the possibilities. The Infinity Series could be halfway finished by now. And Lords of Aswick could probably have a wiki (it really should, but kinda necessitates an expanded lore and sequel to justify it).

There can ‘vacations’ though - though the exactly existance of details thereof differs from country to country…

1 Like

Teachers have that, and they don’t exactly make much. I doubt employers are willing to give people that much leave and still pay them the same annual salaries. Services need to be provided and products need to be produced.

Then I guess it is impossible to do for now… There’s not enough stat points to get all of those up to 70.

Also, props for figuring out the choices to get those to be the same :slight_smile:

…words fail me. That is the most beautiful example of metagaming I’ve seen yet. It’s actually zen :cry:

Unless something has changed in the latest update, the stats don’t necessarily need to all be over 70 to get high chancellor. They just need to all be equal at the time the check is made.

@RanchoJoe got it with only two stats being equal.
When I got two stats equal, my character become Lord High Steward.

The only way for him to have gotten it with only two stats equal at the time the check was made is if he changed the code. Odds are that one of his stats were changed in between when he got it and when he looked.

I posted the steps I did a few hours ago. It says on Teo’s website that the code for the titles go “if X > Y and Z”. One stat has to be higher than both. That means Lord High Chancellor is the “if else” code, if X and Y are the same, it’s enough.

My meager tweaking knowledge also doesn’t cover changing the code through an iPhone App…

Here is the code directly from my own purchased copy of the game, version 1.0.3:

*if ((nobility = courtesy) and (valour = nobility))
				*if (courttitle = " ")
					*set courttitle "Lord High Chancellor"
					*set full_title (((title & ", ") & kntitle) & ", ") & courttitle

Notice that all the stat tests are for equality, and there are no checks for a specific minimum number value like 70. There are three such checks in total, and they are all absolutely identical. The above was copy and pasted directly from the game file War2.txt.

Well, something is likely amiss… :confused:

Which platform is that?

@RanchoJoe If you were playing while the game was updated that could potentially explain it, as could a stat change between when you received the title and when you checked your stats.

@Urban Android, but they should all be the same as choicescript is cross-platform and the game went a long time without an update until earlier today.

I’ll check if I have a save before the three-way battle and try to upload a video of the stat-check later. Perhaps there’s something in the code that needs a closer look.

They arent always the same.

For example: there is a bug in the Android version of Slammed! that doesnt allow the PC to speak with a certain NPC in one of the endings, making impossible to get a certain achievement while the site version doesnt have this bug.