Lords of Aswick - Out Now!

Sooooo looking forward to this! Time to board the hype train for another game! How am i going to be on so many trains at once?!

think this one is pretty far off! then again, i might be totally wrong about that?

Reading through the forum, I’ve noticed that having a bastard child has been mentioned a couple of times.How do you do this? I haven’t had any opportunities to do anything like that in my playthroughs

It’s a random event that happens if you spend time with Lady Marguerite and then go on to also marry her.

Hey I was wondering if you could marry Lady Adalheidis of madelung.

Nope. She’s the one that got away.

Dang she sounded interesting

What scene does the check for the bastard take place? Is it when you first see her, or does it determine if you have one when you “do the deed” as it were?

If it’s the former (when you first see her again), then anyone who wants to experience it can just keep re-rolling till they get it (open and close the stats screen continuously until he appears) Other if the roll is before then, I feel it should be moved to when you see her again. It saves people having to play half the game again, and again.

based from my run in getting the bastard, it’s the chapter when i meet her again to marry her is where the roll happens, since i got 3 consecutive “no bastard” then on my fourth reload of the save for that chapter that i got my lil baby bastard… maybe others can verify this since im just one source though…

Hey @Goshman I absolutely LOVED Lords of Aswick and I heard your making a sequel. I just wanted to know if by any chance you knew when it might come out? Or have a release window set yet?

Friendly reminder, it’s against the rules to ask for release dates. He’s working on a WIP called the best of us before he moves onto the sequel though, you might want to check it out.

Oh crap thanks for telling me I forgot about the release date rule! Sorry guys! Oh and also thanks for telling me about his The Best Of Us! :smile:

1 Like

Can you tell me how to marry lady adalheidis

You can’t :sob:. She is the one you can’t marry

1 Like

She’s the one who got away! Totally unmarriable.

Not that I typically notice that because Im not interested in her XD

I had an idea if you are ever in the need of an idea for a game that would work well for a second it could be a game called New Aswick or something like that where you are a younger sibling to a heir of Aswick and go to something like to a new world to start a colony and you will have to deal with peaceful or violent natives. Don’t know how good this game would be but might as well post the idea what is the worst that could happen

That may happen eventually. It has been in my pile of ideas for future stories in this world and involving this family.

How much stuff do you intend to do with this family? I am totally interested to see what happens to James’ descendants in however many things you intend to make! Even like 3000 years into the future of the first game!

You could literally just make everything take place in the same world technically with that logic XD

I don’t have a set plan for it. The next story involving this world will involve around the religion and explore that to extent. The point is to explore popular times in our history, slightly change it around to give liberties over the narrative and then try to involve the reader in a way that modern media often does not. I try to keep the things around the main character more true to what they were in that period in time.
One massive change was the hastiludes. In real medieval period where this story would be taking place, hastiludes were more like training for war than anything else. They were definitely not sport for entertainment purposes. People were often killed and I believe I mention it in the story by passing that even in-universe it used to be that knights travelling to and from the hastilude would get waylaid by other knights when they least expected it, robbed, taken as hostage and a ransom would be demanded from their family or sponsor.
Another scene on the opposite side where I’m quite satisfied with the historical accuracy is the duel with Viscount Dumas. That is actually a very traditional duel that was carried over from Viking and Anglo-Saxon traditions all the way to the knights of England.

I aim to have all stories end in a place where if I don’t write any more in the series, then readers will at least have an end point for themselves and the bloodline they’ve made. I intend to write at least two more, because they are periods that interest me a great deal. Perhaps three, although the third may end up a stretch. We’ll see if I might end up making that work. After those, the timeline will be at the point where you should just go immerse in Sabres of Infinity, because I don’t think I’ll be able to do justice to the Napoleonic era and after that the nobility begins a slow decline in the face of capitalists. It wouldn’t be a reach to necessarily have the family line get involved in railroads and such, but that would just be a whole lot of board room meetings and looking at maps. For that period, I might as well write from the perspective of someone who is actually lowborn and can get their hands dirty.

So yeah, it’s all in a flux and any concrete plans I have is just for the second story, everything beyond is ideas floating around.

2 Likes

Have thought about doing a feudal Japan/China inspired game with a similar spin to it?

2 Likes