Lords of Aswick - Out Now!

It’s only slightly hinted that in the other route. But yes you only get it you’re f***** up and I’m kind of happy it’s a surprise because it’s another layer of the game that you would never see unless you failed. There may be some players that failed the first time. I say let it be a surprise but make it understandably plausible and he did that well and I don’t want him to go and give foreshadowing to it. Hell next game is Borgia the game mix with little Pope Adrian IV.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the stats required to taunt the knights in the melee to get the barony? I currently have 70 valour, 69 nobility and 62 courtesy and I managed to beat sir Samael.

64 Courtesy and 55 Nobility. If you want to see how to get the others titles you can access the author’s site http://www.teokuusela.com/first-of-his-blood-guide/

2 Likes

Cheers for the answer.

Hey is voice of god dead project now?

Goshman is currently working on The Golden Eagle. Voice of God will probably be his next project after that.

1 Like

hi everyone (if someone is still on thi thread haha) I’m reinstalling the game, and I was wondering if you take the crusade path, I seem to recall at one point you can attempt to charm a lady-knight or something like that… now I remembered having failed because my charm was high enough (at least I think that’s why) and was wondering 1. I want to build up my charm, but I know it will hurt my chance of survival once I’m banished, but it seems you can survive if you marry in the crusader familly is that correct ? and 2. is there a real relation (romantic or not) with that woman if you pass the test ? I don’t want to much spoiler if you could just tell me if she can become an interesting NPC at the very least like your wife (meaning an important character for the MC, but one that is not in the center of the story like Stephen, Arthur or Gabriel in the crusader path) thanks to the brave souls that will have the courage to read this plea for answers, and thanks to the author once again !

3 Likes

This was a good enough work, and I enjoyed (typos, etc. aside)…but this was just another game that went with a gender-locked route for the MC, and really didn’t need it.

It would have been one thing if the universe was set in the ‘real world’ and the author went for authenticity. But just changing names, etc. but keeping other things fairly similar…shrugs

I think he wanted to feel authenticity and doing so you got a re-inject some of the real world, even if it’s more unsavory parts. For example if you could place now I want no I think was her name claim for the throne would elect some of it’s drama. But it would’ve been fun if you had a female perspective for the game would’ve been distinctly different, The damn interesting thing play.

1 Like

Angelica will not fall for you, it doesn’t matter how much Courtesy you have.

@Lys I will disagree with you, the game clearly wants to just like the real world, where you can think that it might have really happened.
Altering it to allow a female PC would change a lot of things, like there wouldn’t be any need for a civil war and Augustine would be the Queen and the MC being pregnant.

4 Likes

I love this universe, I find it pretty coherent and I’m not bothered by the fact that you can only play as a male PC (well I’m a man so obviously I’m ok with playing a male character ) but I would really enjoy a game by the same author, in the same universe, in which you would be a woman; you could play as the “normal” lady cliché in this type of story, being charming and politically savvy, or go against the trend and be kind of outcast at first, then by prouving your valour and ability you’d earn the respect of some influencial characters, like brienne of tarth <3

2 Likes

and also thanks to Urban who seems to be everywhere and know everything, I don’t know what I would do without you

2 Likes

Society yes but God knows you can make an interesting game about the women that break the cloth. The ones that normally do it become powerful through the church they become Mother Superiors had the nunneries with large tracts of land taking them de facto Lords. And there was quite a few but not many women of knowledge and the letter there are rare did scholar classes but they were some famous female scholars in the Middle normally they were sent back to the church some of them had famous love affairs, others famous Mystics of normal stock and background that was touched by Divine Heavenly inspiration and acting in the image of compassion. There are the famous Mystic Pilgrim that wrote about her experience English at that. And of course their are the Cathrine of Siena, and her secular counterpart Eleanor of Aquitaine, but they are all exceptions to the rule, not inlcuding the de facto Lord that were nuns. Oh that’s that would have this would have change the tone of the game. I think he wanted to make the lease special of main characters showing that circumstances and events can make someone greater and story in the everywhere in real life. Our protagonist could have an exceptional skill of arm but nothing about them superhuman or Larger than Life in the end of the day there are man, and the circumstances of their surrounding that makes them famous legendary even.

Please do some research before you make wildly inaccurate and gender-essentialist claims like this.

3 Likes

Funny, you mention the religious part. In this game, the author deliberately made “God” into a woman. If anything, then the religious leaders, if nothing else, should be women. A female God would most likely be served by females; one of the reasons the Abrahamic faiths didn’t have female priests is the whole logic that “man was made in God’s image” meaning man is closer to God (a female being made from man’s rib, makes her one step removed).

Civil war still would have broken out; there was different possible heirs to the throne.

And the author could still have kept the heavily regimented roles if they wanted, but there still would be a place for women.

Joan of Arc is an obvious example. Sikelgaita del Salerno also springs to mind; she commanded troops in her own right.

Isabel of Conches rode into battle armed like a knight.

Jeanne Hachette, a peasant woman, stopped the capture of Beauvais by Charles the Bold.

Joanna of Flanders, Duchess of Brittany, was known to be a skilled military leader besides just taking up arms.

Onorata Rodiani was a condottiere at a point in her life, though it is true she did go disguised.

Isabella of Castile (Yes, the one with Columbus) did oversee military administration, and there are records of her donning armor to rally her troops, especially during a siege.

However, if nothing else, a female noble could have broken out of the role if nothing else, and stayed true to ‘authenticity’ and still fought, and led troops into battle…

So I still stand by my assertion that the author could have provide a female role if he wanted too, and the fact he didn’t is a bit of a shame.

The highest position off the church is the Holy Farther and only a man can attain the position.
And even their prophet (Joshua) was a man.

The war broke out because there were no male heir to the throne. So if Augustine could inherit without her claim being questioned, there would be no war.

But how? Women aren’t sent to squire and can’t inherit lands in this setting. The set wants to emulate the old England society, that is why it is genderlocked.
If it didn’t tried to emulate the real world, I would agree with you that the genderlock would be without cause.

1 Like

Then the author should have just gone whole hog and kept “God” as a man anyways. If anything, the change to God as a female makes it less authentic than the other parts.

It would have been fine for the line of succession to be male only; that still wouldn’t preclude allowing a female MC to be in game.

[quote]But how? Women aren’t sent to squire and can’t inherit lands in this setting. The set wants to emulate the old England society, that is why it is genderlocked.
If it didn’t tried to emulate the real world, I would agree with you that the genderlock would be without cause.
[/quote]
Then the author shouldn’t have had a female heir as a contender to the throne; by your own logic she shouldn’t be there.

And for that matter, the author could have constructed a scenario where a female would attain knighthood, but the one she served under would have known…and for whatever reason (maybe a debt, etc.) kept the secret.

I mean, hell, you have the MC keeping a bastard secret under a possible page/squire thing. There is no reason this couldn’t have applied to a female MC for part of their backstory

But that is the beauty of Augustine’s arch. She is a competent monarch, but she can only ascend to the throne trough war, even if her father was the late King. She is a exception of the file, like many women who became the defacto rulers of their lands.

And that is what I was taking, it is possible to have a female MC but the story would be very different from the male MC, and I think Goshman wanted to tell a history of a normal knight, and while they can accomplish a lot, will not be a special case like a female MC would be.

And keeping Stephen is dangerous, if you tell the King about him, hewill execute you and take your lands from your family.

3 Likes

I liked that arch However, when someone starts making the authenticity argument, then she shouldn’t be there, if one starts applying the game’s world logic and wants to remain consistent.

.[quote=“Urban, post:869, topic:7187”]
And that is what I was taking, it is possible to have a female MC but the story would be very different from the male MC, and I think Goshman wanted to tell a history of a normal knight, and while they can accomplish a lot, will not be a special case like a female MC would be.[/quote]

Except the knight is not normal; even if events worked in their favor, they would show they aren’t ‘normal’ by their deeds and actions.

Not denying this. However, once again, if one is going the authenticity route, then Stephen wouldn’t be a contender either.

Name an English King who was a royal bastard? William the Great? Well, he was from Normandy, so I wouldn’t really include that. And he certainly wasn’t disguised as a lowly knight.

Edward the Martyr? Well he was a legitimate child, just not acknowledged as the heir.

Sorry for my comment. I’ve retracted it due to not being backed by research. Sorry again.

1 Like