Let's make up Crossovers / Cameo in Choice Of Games!

Jose Tedgamus?

Okay, that’s terrible, but something that links to CoG or Hosted Games…

How about certain symbols instead of a character? I agree, family names are too culturally specific.

We should all have little girls in yellow appear in our games.

JOKE! JOKE!

Now that’s a smarter suggestion! (Jim’s, not Geisha’s). Any ideas for what the symbol could be?

Well, there’s already a few symbols readily available on the website. The big maze on the forum banner being the most obvious, with the Rose that seems to show up every time I open the main page being another idea.

Zombie raven sitting on a throne holding a samurai sword?

I guess Canisa’s ideas are better…

The whole idea seems decent, if a bit heavy handed. (Well, either a bit heavy handed or so light as to be unnoticeable, there’s not a lot of middle ground with such an idea.)

@JimD Probably has the best idea for actually highlighting them. A burn/brand/scar/tattoo/birthmark in a specific shape. Hm… what in particular would make you think CoG? Perhaps a scar ‘in the shape of a dragon’s head’? CoD was the first CoG game after all. As for thematic approach… maybe a good guy that always gets killed, but ends up with the last laugh? Or maybe an NPC wanderer the PC can help (at some expense), who in turn helps the PC in some major way before disappearing.

Maybe few physical descriptions save for ‘strange’ or ‘foreign’ and possibly androgynous? And has the initials C(O)G (C… of G… if appropriate).

The CoG logo as a brand/scar/tattoo sounds best, though I also would like to give a nod to the individual games in my story.

Maybe, we can do a round-robin. For example, in my app, I have a character playing “The Race” on his iPhone, while in The Race, there is a Japanese sword or other imagery from “Samurai: A Warrior’s Path” used in a scene, and someone else has a zombie image in their game, etc.

It would be at the author’s discretion on how to fit in their assigned image/symbol but we’re all creative and it would also be a fun Easter Egg for readers. We could even post a challenge to find all of the hidden references and ask CoG to blog, tweet, etc.

Yeah. We shouldn’t be obligated to put in references, but it is fun and we want to promote each other, and we’ll include it if it fits.

Why not both? It’s all at the writers discretion of course, but I think I might just include a samurai sword - and I know the perfect place in The Race for it to go!
I’ll try and add others too, if I can.

Okay this thread is pretty old and way before my time, but I think the idea of folks doing a crossover CoG or HG is really interesting. I know this thread was talking about Easter eggs and such, but I’m talking about a full blown crossover.

It seems that once you create a universe and a cast of characters, it might sense to expose them to some new characters, a new environment with new challenges, etc. (plus crossovers can be money grabs for the creators if there is still audience interest from the original work)

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Sounds cool. If I had a finished game, I’d certainly take part in the Reindeer games

I’d be interested in that!

I think that would be fascinating. How would the Unnatural’s monster hunters feel about teaming up with a bunch of college super heroes to put an end to the Zombie Exodus? THE POSSIBILITIES!

Of course, it would have to be very collaborative!

2 Likes

I already have easter egg that lists a random hosted game. I also am working to add a ending that ties into another whip. I like the ideas being bounced around here and willing to add something more into my whip.

Unnatural already does this at first with “adverts” but there is also a Zombie Exodus movie that exists within the Unnaturalverse.

As for a crossover idea i think the best possibility is to go the Sliders route and have the protagonist get sliding between Parallel Earths which is the easiest way to link all the gameverses together.

I have put some thought into this, unless a wondering npc is created that pops into each world, in my game you will be able to collect books. The titles will match hosted and CoG titles, and give you certain pluses. Examples would be ‘Path of Light’ protects you against curses, ‘The Nightmare Maze’ givse a big boost to your sanity, and ‘Slammed!’ would give an unarmed plus to combat. Of course I will have to sit and think these all out in more detail.

Yeah I think a sliders type of story would make sense and would make collaboration much easier, since the story would essentially be written in different parts with the sliding linking them together.

It could be some sort of quest type story where the MC has to collect different items or something in different dimensions/timelines, etc., and the characters could stay contained in their own universes, until the climax when they all somehow gather in the same timeline to help the MC battle whatever sort of nefarious threat is presenting itself. It practically writes itself!

Part I MC meets x
Part II MC meets y
Part III MC meets z
Part IV MC gathers x, y, z together, they butt heads and some sort of fight is teased, but the MC convinces them of the power of friendship or something and they all put aside their differences to kick some ass.

2 Likes

“they butt heads and some sort of fight is teased, but the MC convinces them of the power of friendship or something and they all put aside their differences to kick some ass.”

Omg xDDD PERFECT.

.That would make sense.

The premise could be something like this…

The protagonist of the Crossoververse is a scientist who is trying to build a teleportation device. But something goes wrong and instead of it teleporting him/her it sends them to a parallel world. The accident causes the device to get damaged so the player can’t return home. However, he/she finds out that this new world possesses an item he/she requires to fix it. Once it is fixed it automatically sends him/her to the next world where he stumbles across another piece they require. Realising that the device is trying to get him/her home by sending them to the worlds which still have the parts needed to achieve this. The protagonist goes from world to world always getting into trouble and having to rescue/be rescued by x,y or z. then when the device is 100% fixed they are flung into a place they aren’t meant to be where the Crossovers Big Bad awaits. the player epicily fights but is utterly outmatched, then when they are about to be killed the device brings x,y and z to save them.