Kingdom of Dragons on Kickstarter and The Siege of Treboulain on sale!

Alas, but Choice of the Dragon was the very first game that CoG actually worked on. That game was to show the basic functionality of Choicescript and to show what it could do. The bells and whistles came a lot later, when the dev team added more functionality and authors began to incorporate a lot of the features we see today: longer stories, romance subplots, multireplace, blank-slate PC and so on. At that time, the first CoGs and HGs were rough due to first installment weirdness, and the CoG scene had not yet evolved to the state it is today, and that was a result of plenty of experimentation.

2 Likes

I was even looking forward to the Choice of a Dragon 2 but they obviously abandoned it since it’s been a few years now since we last heard any progress or mentions of it.

2 Likes

“The food was terrible…and such small portions!”

A CoD sequel was never seriously been on the cards; the idea got offhand mention in one of CoG’s first ever blog posts, thirteen years ago, but never went anywhere, since the founders all got involved in other projects.

I think Choice of the Dragon is a great little game that doesn’t need a sequel, although I would also have enjoyed it at 5 times the length. It’s the one that hooked me in and confirmed that I could write my CYOA fantasy epic. I liked the lighthearted tone, which was for me more engaging than a straight-up lair-defense and hoard-building game would otherwise have been; but I’d also enjoy a more mythic, high-drama dragon CoG.

Anyway, congratulations Jed on the novel – I hope it does brilliantly. Keep up the good advice on YouTube, too. I’ve been enjoying your videos. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Awesome can’t wait to give the book a read! Also hve you tired The dragon and Djin it has a really good dragon.

I tried the demo but I haven’t bought the game yet since I’m waiting until it goes on sale for a lower price.

1 Like

Thanks Joel! Plenty more videos coming down the pipes soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I am not sure if and I where I should it write instead I just write it here.
Just finishied Siege of Treboulain and I have to say I am really glad I bought it. The story whas one of the best and most heart warming stories I have read since long time and I am only a bit disappointed by the end which is a big thing because else the end leaves me craving for MORE but this one is nearly at the perfect cutoff point. Also I am really gratefull for the integrated cheat engine because so I just could focus on getting through the story and thinking about which choice would fit personally instead of doing a min maxing thing.

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it!