Keeper of the Sun and Moon (Discussion)

Not much, it might give you different conversations and in some cases tiny bits of additional content, but any species can romance any RO. There’s a basic guide of how to romance every ro up on the first post, I think.

And he’s still not quite as cute as Alty or Cy, plus that ego big enough to need its own room. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Leon and Astrid are the easiest ROs to romance. Sera and Yakov are pretty difficult to pursue as far as I’ve heard. It all comes down to personal taste. Imo Leon is the one and only :two_hearts: But you can choose whoever you want, and your species do affect the dialogue a little bit. That’s why it’s always exciting to replay and see the other species’ content you missed out on.

Of course he’s not cute. He’s adorable, duh!

2 Likes

Surprised you didn’t tag @ParrotWatcher as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t really find him boring because I enjoy his friendly attitude toward other people, the bits of depth we see with his reactions to hunting topics or about his family, I enjoy his awkward nervous attempts at romance, and I really like his sense of humor and his banter (especially with Thalia) :blush:

I probably would’ve considered him the easiest character to romance, myself, but that probably depends on what sorts of choices you pick naturally :thinking: I’ve found that his relationship bar tends to rise the fastest, anyway.

3 Likes

I know this is a frequently asked question but seriously tho can someone give me a full guide to romance Seraphina? I had like 60+ relationship with her but she always turn me down anyway. Ive heard about hidden emotion stuff with sera when do this happen and how to trigger it? Thanks in advance

No real guide but this is pretty much what you have to do and how it’ll go. The higher her emotional stat is in the relationship the more she’ll open up with you.

2 Likes

There’s a guide on post 482

MC will have the option to continue to investigate the Delacroix Massacre/Constellation Project in the sequel. On the human mother route, the issue of MC’s powers never showing up will definitely be addressed, although I’m uncertain whether it will in the others.

MC will get more insight into their conversation in the first chapter of the sequel. (They’ll also have the option to say they want nothing to do with him.)

Probably not. Leon already has a lot going on in the sequel.

So far the plans are for 10 RO subplots, 8 species subplots, 5 faction subplots, 3 family subplots, and the continuation of the Delacroix Massacre subplot. So yeah, lots going on :sweat_smile:

I’ve currently planned out all of the RO subplots and have general ideas for the family, species, and Delacroix ones. The faction ones (e.g. siding with Secretary Patil, Secretary Monroe, or Secretary Celosia) are the least planned thus far.

Both Lysander Dupree and Roland Castella will be sending emails her way.

Sure.

:joy: One of the scrapped ideas for the sequel was to have a short scene acknowledging the existence of the other two possible MCs (although not as keepers), so an MC with human mother would get to interact with an NPC with human parents and an NPC with human father.

7 Likes

Aww…pity, I think I would have liked that, so the mc due to a fluke of genetics they do not quite understand yet is the only one of the experiments to actually gain keeper powers out of them, but the other two still exist, although in terms of the project they were “failures”. In which case my main mc would probably have been at least somewhat envious of the failures as they do not have to deal with the whole keeper bullshit, have their lives threatened on a daily basis or risk becoming strung-out junkie addicts. Still would have been nice to meet the other two survivors, but I understand that for your own sanity you need to streamline, for a glimpse into what might have been. Would also be nice if at least one of them, provided the mc has “powers” became a magician. :thinking:
Would have been a nice acknowledgment the universe doesn’t center around the mc and they had planned contingencies, even if they ultimately didn’t pan out.

Fortunately my second mc, witch-boy doesn’t have any powers to speak of other than the creepy control magic ones. Still nice to know the issue of no spontaneous manifestation and possibly less than sanguine experiences every time we need to manifest our powers will be addressed on at least one route. Knowing my mc he probably already tried to talk to Cy and Alty about how they feel when they use magic and how they do it and compared them to his own. :thinking:

On the more science-y side (and I don’t expect this to make it into the game) my mc wonders and has likely tried to discuss with Sera and Alty already if the existence of functional magic is what our ordinary scientists, like Hawking or even Kaku are missing when they try their hand at coming up with theories of everything. :thinking:

Sweet are you still planning to put a new thread up for preliminary playtesting?

Even if the mc makes it abundantly clear they want nothing to do with him?

3 Likes

For anyone curious about the decision process regarding MC’s new roommate, a Tumblr short is now available! :grin:

Might still happen during the Massacre/Constellation subplot.

A WIP thread will be posted in the next week or so! :grin:

I was just referring to the Tumblr short.

11 Likes

That short was funny!

1 Like

Katia rushes up to you abruptly, grabbing your hand and pulling you toward the center of the room. You don’t even have a chance to say goodbye to Katia. “Come on, Randy!” Mistake

Also during the scene where a dorm mate or boy/girlfriend comes to pull you away from you school work, I received kol’s cafe scene despite going with katia, tho with out any use of kol’s name.

1 Like

Update regarding the sequel: a WIP thread should be out this Friday on the forum! It will contain the character setup and the first chapter, which comes to around 45,000 words.

@Disciple
Thank you for the catches!

27 Likes

Yay! Looking forward to that!

3 Likes
Saturday night at the movies

Anonymous asked: From forum - reactions of Altair and Cyrus to some of our human portrayals of magic in the movies?

Altair: Wow, it’s really cool to see what humans think magic is like! Some of these are actually scarily accurate though…

Cyrus: Huh, that’s weird. And that one’s almost too accurate. And that one’s totally wrong. That one’s actually not bad—oh wait it got worse.

Awww…Alty has led a pretty sheltered life, eh? Can’t wait for my mc to be able to take him out into the big bad human world. ":grin:

Ticklish

Anonymous asked: How would the ROs react to a stoic yet very ticklish MC who’d literally jump when someone touch them but then feign ignorance of it? Like… they can’t even be touched on their shoulder because its close to their neck and that’s their ticklish spot

Avoids actions that would make them jump: Altair, Katia, Kol, Sera, Yakov

Occasionally abuses the knowledge: Cressy, Cyrus, Astrid, Leon

Totally abuses the knowledge: Thalia

Awww…My witch-boy mc is totally ticklish and Nephilim mc just a bit. So Cy’s totally going to abuse that intel once he gets hold of it, eh? :worried:

How ticklish are the Ro’s themselves by the way?

Yay! Unless how does the character setup work we won’t be limited to premade choices (who don’t have the gender or relationships I want) I hope. :worried:

Maybe they meant the magician mc dream invasion scenes? I would have liked to invade the dreams of Alty and Cy myself, of course. :wink: In any case if that is going to be possible in the sequel I half expect Alty to have impenetrable psychic shields, given his “open” nature and what he has already shown to be capable of doing when it came to tinkering with and custom tailoring his sister’s memories. Alty really seems like he can be super dangerous. :thinking:

Also for someone being in the “angst-squad” in the first game I notice that Alty and (his sister’s) route’s are now the least angsty with only a 4.

3 Likes

I think that question was already answered on the blog:

2 Likes

Nice to know Alty and Cy are ticklish, so Cyrus would be subject to retribution at least. :grinning:

Also the that previous generation in college short, maybe they should just make Leon the new Keeper, as he is the only one who would even come close to the late Brant Delacroix, as it seems arrogance and unlimited wealth are actually keeper job requirements. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Isn’t it a genetic thing? I thought strong control power was required to be a kepper? Or can people like… choose? Can keepers be made? I mean, drakainas were made in a human experiment…

Seems like I’m gonna have to ask on tumblr.

Hey, doesn’t your MC have the first requirement at least? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously… are keepers chosen or born? And since keepers are kind of like celebrities wouldn’t we be pretty wealthy?

Edit:

Keepers are born

Not necessarily, I mean there are (somewhat) famous people who aren’t wealthy and Keeper doesn’t seem like a real job (in absence of a conflict with actual angels and demons anyway) so it likely doesn’t pay a dime in and of itself. If anything it seems more like a ceremonial role akin to some constitutional monarchs, only since all previous keepers have seemingly been very wealthy there’s likely no state infrastructure to support them in particular. :thinking:
Meaning the poor mc may very well end up like this:

And unlike mr. Owens who is sacrificing to pursue a career that’s also his passion my mc is not the least bit passionate about being a keeper.

It should be noted that in Roxana’s case our maternal magical family is likely to be quite wealthy, though that helps the mc not a bit since she conveniently “forgot” to write the mc or their human father into her will. Likely because she wanted to keep keeper mc a secret until she could blindside both her family and Anetha with them, she died before that of course.

Lysander is even worse, from what I guess he had most likely written off both the mc and the whole Constellation project thing as failures already and wasn’t interested in simply being a father to the mc, magic or no, without the assurance we were a project success. So thinking very much like a CEO. As for my mc he isn’t interested in dealing with “Xander” or the rest of his paternal magical “family” no matter what they offer, since the parasites only crawled out of the woodwork after the whole keeper thing went public in the first place. So it’s clear to him they’ll never value him as a person, just for something he does not want to be in the first place. :angry:

As for the last pair of magical parents they might have truly been the odd ones out or maybe one of them is a disowned scion of some prominent magical family as well.

Leon is a Nephilim and therefore has control magic powers. Since he also has the arrogance and unlimited wealth he’d be the perfect successor to Brant Delacroix, the other candidates in descending order would be Cressida, Altair, Cyrus and Astrid. They all meet the control magic potential requirement. Though there is likely something more going on with Keepers than just control magic, otherwise they would have no shortage of candidates as there is no shortage of Cambions and Nephilim.

They presumably like to keep a real slayer keeper on hand for any celestial creatures incident, but for the ceremonial aspects they should just trot out Leon. Also my mc would want a hefty bounty per celestial creature dealt with. My mc is not going be like Buffy with her crappy jobs, they want him to slay celestial creatures? They can pay him!

genetics

As confirmed on the blog

The author said that keeper!mc could choose to attend parties, interviews and stuff like that. I’m pretty sure they’d paid MC for attending their events.

I don’t think Sera would be happy if Leon was related to her

Can we please take a moment and appreciate all the vine references on the blog?

3 Likes

I was under the impression that Keeper control magic is special, since it’s even noted that if you are a Kistune you shouldn’t be able to do compulsion yet your still amazing at it.

It’s only a matter of times before my mc develops a god complex when he can just mind control people. Though seriously, does not need the fame, not for that at least, or rather he doesn’t mind the keeper position (as in politically) since hes carefree. He does however want to be a duelist so he’d eventually measure his success by fame.

2 Likes