Keeper of the Sun and Moon (Discussion)

Knowing this fandom it wouldn’t be long before people started asking to romance the random substitute roomie :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Poor guy/gal to have Thalia inflicted on them, in addition to the rest of the main characters. I mean our dorm is absolutely bonkers. There’s even an evil dragon casually strolling about. :grin: Between the evil dragon and Astrid and Leon “bickering” they should get a medal just for survival.
But you had me at the snarky/observant/whatever one-liners from a “normal” magi student just stuck with the main cast.
As long as they’re not an undercover reporter or a member of my mc’s paternal family they seem cool.

I really hope our mc’s schedules allow us to explore at least one friendship path in addition to the romance branch of whomever we chose to romance? :worried:
I want my main mc to experience Cy’s friendship path in addition to Alty’s romance, for example.

Now another important question will my mc at any point during those branches get to introduce Altair and Cyrus to his mom in person?

Hmmm…now that our mc’s have their clothes, this Solstice option no longer makes much sense:

Suit I managed to find…It has a jacket.” Can you change that one to be the mc’s old prom dress or suit now that our characters have most of their wardrobes?

You don’t have all that much to unpack for the week, and one black shirt looks pretty much identical to the next black shirt, so it’s a relief when there’s a knock at the door, and then Altair speaks. “Hey, Alex, can I come in?” Aww…our poor mc’s still have to attend that winter sports vacation in just layers of t-shirts, even after having our luggage? :worried: :cold_face: :disappointed:

Finally a big yay! For the game letting my mc at least contemplate punching a particular someone at the end of the game. :rage: :fist_left:

2 Likes

I played a female human/magician MC and I feel like I got a different experience dating Leon. Him asking me on a date came out of nowhere after a short convo at the party and ditching me to talk to his guy friends. Then as we were dating, it seemed to be a lot of scenes in-between dates that didn’t really lead to anywhere. Even when I stayed at the house with him and Cyrus and Cress at Winter break I didn’t feel he opened up to me. I mean he made smiley face pancakes and they kissed and stuff and I tried asking him about his mom, but he just didn’t say much about his father or his father’s new gf. Is the romance with Leon better if I wasn’t human?

3 Likes

Play as nephilim. His romance and the nephilim subplot is strongly connected. And you’ll know more about his mother and sister in the sequel in his angst route.

Poor author. Her ask box is gonna get flooded by requests.

Awesome!

2 Likes

I’m cool with that. Anything other than a no is fine, and even then, it just means some of my Protagonists will just go thru the series secretly or openly carrying a torch for my favorite Nymph/character.

Awesome. Make sure to apply our nickname if we select one when Thalia asks during the early dorm scene.

A plot important character seems the most likely given the attention the secretaries and other groups would be giving to the MCs dorms.

Tho it would be hilarious if we got a regular, unaligned supernatural because Castella got annoyed with everyone bothering her about it.

You could always give seraphina or yakov(whichever one doesn’t have one) a roommate instead.

You could also shuffle one of the existing dorm mates into her room and give someone else the new dorm member(s) which would work well with my suggestion to make Gisela and/or Katia dorm members, which fits in nicely with Castella’s bitter rivalry with Solanaceae University.

After having my attention stolen briefly(one incomplete run) by dragon racer, I am again complete obsessed with sun and moon. I have completed a dozen runs, and am having a go at magician again, before I tackle being a frigged Ice bitch elemental.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say I greatly enjoyed the game, and Astrid is the best! I found the game struck a really good balance with the characters and the school aspect. When ever the main plot came along I just wanted to go to another party with my dormmates! Not to say the main plot was bad or anything, it just was the characters were so much fun. I will probably do another run soon for another RO and supernatural creature with different focuses (throwing lighting at everything ALMOST gets old after like a dozen chapters :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

What’s the average for Nephilim and Cambion kids then? it’s obviously not 18, as in the case of our mc.
By the way why did the mc’s powers (assuming they’re not pure human) never manifest on their own does it have something to do with the genetic and other manipulation the Constellation project inflicted on fetus mc and/or their mom ?
Also in the game if you choose to learn “angelic magic”, instead of flying from Cy he implies there might be something off about the mc’s powers or at least how they manifest and/or the how the mc accesses them. :thinking:

4 Likes

Anyone have tips on what to focus on to improve my elemental manipulation control as an elemental?

1 Like
Drawing

Anonymous asked: can you rank the ros from most to least good at drawing?

From best to worst it would probably be Kol > Katia > Leon > Yakov > Seraphina > Cyrus > Cressida > Astrid > Altair. Thanks for asking!

Nice to know there’s another thing Alty isn’t great at, besides cooking. Seems he might be on my real life level of never having progressed beyond stick figure art.
Also surprising that little kitty cat seems to be good at it. Wonder if my mc can persuade Leon to draw his little kitty cat if we adopt the phantom cat. :thinking: :grinning:

3 Likes

I was pretty surprised too. This is just another reason for me to love him :two_hearts:

I don’t think he’s willing to do that. He scored pretty low on the selfless scale and I think he’d only put up to it if the MC paid him in some way. I think the MC would have better success at getting a free comission from Kol and he’s the best at drawing of the ROs.

This is such a mood. Thank you for putting it in words.

Yeah, but then it wouldn’t be little kitty cat :cat: drawing the little kitty cat. :cat2:
:crying_cat_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But Leon has no need for more money and my mc still scarcely has any (certainly not to the point he’s at all comfortable with being forced to be a “celebrity”, particularly with no appreciable income. :frowning: )

1 Like

That moment when Thalia’s so bad at drawing she isn’t on the chart.

12 Likes

I’ll probably make one of the new ROs the suitemate and also give them the snarky one-liners about being stuck with the main characters.

Will there eventually be a Tumblr short about how everyone annoyed Castella about MC’s new suitemate? Most definitely.

@Jeeshadow1
Thank you very much!!

Around 7. Any earlier, and there are typically bad results.

The Constellation Project as well as their family situation.

Re: Cyrus commenting on MC’s powers—some minor foreshadowing for MC being a keeper.

If Leon likes them enough, MC could manage.

8 Likes

Hmmm…you could also give one or two snarky one-liners to Alty’s suite or roommate as my mc is getting a bit tired of Alty always visiting him, so he’s resolved to start doing it the other way around at least some of the time from now on too. Besides he wants see how Alty lives. :grin:

Will we learn more about the specifics of that in the next game?
I can say that I think that due to them never manifesting on their own my mc will never feel quite at ease with his supposed “powers” and the way it always feels jarring, discomforting, discomfiting and apparently sometimes even painful to force them to manifest. Which is why, even though he is a nephilim, he vastly prefers using ritual magic over his powers whenever the situation allows. Also he doesn’t want to become a strung out addict and will flat-out refuse to use celestial magic, let alone limit himself only to celestial magic Though if Cyrus was correct we haven’t done so yet anyway.

Deadbeat Dad

Anonymous asked: What did our dad think when he heard about us on the news? And why was he yelling at our mom?

After the events of Chapter 13, MC was reported as possibly being involved in taking down Reyna and possibly being a keeper (This will be covered more in the sequel). Lysander heard their last name, saw the images of MC and co being treated by first responders after the incident, and found their resemblance to Isabella uncanny. He was horrified.

Lysander wasn’t yelling at Isabella when MC walked in—MC arrived at an inopportune moment, and also wouldn’t have understood the context of their conversation in the first place.

Lysander and Isabella’s relationship will be explored more in the sequel. Thanks for asking!

A bit royally late to have an attack of conscience, particularly since at the very minimum he must have known that the mc could have inherited his species and thus have magical powers and his efforts to keep us out of the magical world, if they were even that instead of him being like any other “dad” who simply vanishes while “buying cigarettes” were, at best, doomed from the start and left the mc dangerously underinformed and equipped to actually deal with the magical world. Particularly since we’re apparently not going to be any regular old joe schmoe magi and we so don’t have the skills or resources to be(come) a “celebrity” nor does my mc have the inclination for it. :unamused:
So my mc still wants to punch the deadbeat. :angry:

1 Like

I’m just being a little to curious here but will this appear in the sequel? :eyes:

And it sounds like a lot of features and story subplots are added into the sequel. We’re all excited for the next release! And I know that no one has talked about this yet but I’m also super hyped for the third and final book.

3 Likes

Nice. Will our magical parent be Roxana so we are Castella’s Grandchild? Or Lysander Dupree so there is one more person to bother Castella?

If we have high enough chaos can we show one of our human friends magic?

1 Like

That depends on your choice, choose to live with mom at the start and you get living, deadbeat magical dad, “Xander”. Choose dad and you get dead, manipulate she-witch of a magical mom, Roxana, who conveniently forgot to include the mc or their human father in her will.
Don’t know what, if anything you get if you choose to live with your “parents” who are really your actual aunt and uncle and who, if anyone those magical parents were related to. Though it could be that that family was not as important in the magical world as either of the other two choices.

Perhaps, he seems more the sort to have simply used mom to his Constellation project ends, of which he was seemingly the other major financier, apart from the Delacroix family. So I don’t think he has any other kids, unless they’re part of a model family, unless he or his company did more human experiments and he had to dupe more women into them. Doesn’t seem like it tho. .
I think he actually already has the perfect model family, including bombshell trophy wife and 2.5 kids (who could be either older or younger than the mc) in the magical world.
I don’t think he sees the mc as a “son/daughter” so much as a possible return of investment on a project he’d already written off long ago.

Altair is super cute and sweet and adorkable. Cyrus is super hot and sexy and a bit of a bad boy.
@TSSL for some reason swears by Kol, who I think is very sweet and very brave later on in the game, but also a bit boring.

Oh. I meant for the tumbler story. I swap them around when I’m playing, tho this reminds me that I have yet to try visiting introducing kol to either my parents or my normal human dad.

Wouldn’t it be Ironic(and completely in character) for Deadbeatpree to have another neglected magical child who’s lived in New Magi there whole life?

1 Like

So I caved and bought the game after seeing it was out yesterday and was wondering which RO should I go for first?

1 Like

Does the species you pick affect your RO? I know it does for Leon…