Keeper of the Sun and Moon (Discussion)

Great guide, thanks :slight_smile:

Just a note, both Sera and Yakov’s emotion stats start at 25. We need to get it to >= 40 (a 15 point increase) to remain in a relationship with them or to start one in Ch. 11. Perhaps you could add this to your post @Djin? For those who don’t code surf.

2 Likes

It does. I have did the same thing independently during my magician run. I think the hex shop job has the same effect, tho That was back when it was an open wip.

I finally own the game. I have done 2 runs and am incredibly satisfied with my human parents ripping castella a new one.

Time for my simpleton nephalim run.

3 Likes

That scene makes it kinda hard to hate them, right? xD Even tho I wanted my MC to hate them for neglecting her in the past.

2 Likes

I’d suggest adding this guide to the OP or something since this seems like a frequently asked question.

Along with this.

2 Likes

I would just like to point out because it’s something easily missable, that the MC can buy a wish candle in chapter 6 that can increase Willpower, Cunning, Fighting or Intellect by 5 for 500$. Other than that there’s not that many uses for money.

1 Like

It does.

Thanks I had forgotten about that.

Do have any suggestions for a good lightning elemental build?

Hm I just realized, I am getting to soft for these games, I found me romancing Leon, just because I felt bad to refuse his offer of an date. I think I might care to much for fictional characters feelings^^

I am quite happy I did, because the romance was a really nice one. I liked it very much, although I never thought that it would be the case. And after on the next playthrough I am so happy, that in this wonderful game, someone you do not want to date, does not hate you right after you declined. This is such a nice thing. It is tempting to test all the RO ( the male ones for me), I am even thinking about romancing Thalia in one playthrough, she is really cool. I really love the game.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Haha, same. If anyone of the male ROs had asked me put before Leon I’d say yes. But I’m so glad that it was Leon I said yes to, because his romance route warms my heart so much :two_hearts:

I know. He’s an amazing and sweet RO. Even if he covers his soft side with ego confidence kawaii%20blush

You’re gonna have a blast with Kol’s route.

I agree. Out of the female ROs she is my favorite one. And her angst level is really low in the 1st book, so we won’t have to worry about getting our hearts broken :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Kol was my first RO, but I could not save him, I´m still devastated. I have not had the guts to try again^^

3 Likes

I managed to save him. There’s a guide on how to save him in the main post. Stats plays a really big role in the game, so it’s difficult to unlock beneficial options.

2 Likes

Yes, about that. My mc was wondering if the university couldn’t build an extension to the dorm room to house Leon’s enormous ego (oh, and all of Leon’s stuff, which is also a lot). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for the romance from what I remember of the (open) beta it’s quite sweet, but he’s not actually all that romantically compatible with either of my mc’s.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know man, I haven’t done an elemental play through.

@daydreamsincolor Would it be possible to update this ask to include Cy and Alty’s reactions? While they don’t fight in the final battle (sadly enough) they are still dragged into the whole “keeper” mess.

I have tried code surfing, but it makes whatever device I am on act weird.

Altair has a natural talent for offensive magic. If he cared more about dueling other than as a social event that Cy coerced him into (and didn’t care whether his opponents were hurt), he would probably win easily.

I don’t believe so. Sorry.

@weirguider
Ritual magic can be used in the first book to summon a hellhound, set a trap for Reyna, paralyze the drake, etc. Like Dwise said, it lets MC use magic through runes, spells, and other means.

@almostinsane
It would probably be helpful to focus on a more offensive stat (either fighting or elemental manipulation) in addition to cunning.

@Kaelyn
Thank you very much!! :blush:

@idonotlikeusernames
Altair and Cyrus haven’t yet been dragged into the keeper mess in the first book. By the second book, their reactions to MC apologizing will depend on MC’s specific actions in the second book; in general, they won’t blame MC if MC hasn’t done anything to exacerbate the situation.

7 Likes

I think they have, albeit very briefly, the Frost bear tries to attack Alty too, if you choose that vacation and the same goes for the Kraken and Cy (though they may not have linked it to the keeper mess, that’s true).

And he also seems really skilled at control magic, perhaps on par with Sera. So in other words Alty can be really, really dangerous, perhaps even more so than Cy? :thinking:

So will we finally get to fight with Alty and/or Cy at our side sometime during the sequel?

Also my main mc will be slightly envious of Alty’s natural connection to his powers as I think that as a result of the mc’s powers never spontaneously “manifesting” on their own trying to actively use them will always feel a bit unnatural, forced and jarring to him (which is, imho, with the new opening the reason why he still prefers ritual magic and potions) on account of always having to force it out. It’s also one of the reasons, along with all the others why he will absolutely refuse to even try celestial addict magic. :unamused:

By the way at what age do powers usually manifest naturally for “normal” magi kids who have not experienced fetal torture in some lab ?

Too bad, I really wanted my mc to be able to punch his arrogant, neglectful deadbeat of a magical dad and have a fixed clothing situation, including winter coat on the winter sports vacation with Alty.

I am excited to tell you all that my friends and I have started a let’s play of Keeper, which we shall gradually be releasing over youtube :smile: I’m not sure when the first video will be up yet, but I’ll link it in this thread once it is.

In addition to me, the let’s play features my boyfriend @ParrotWatcher and my friends Emily and Laura (who are not on the CoG forum); Emily will be doing the video editing, and runs our youtube channel, Mixed Nerds. I read the narrator and the main character, while everyone else takes on different characters’ voices. For the most part, we’re taking turns with the various choices but for some of the bigger choices we’ve left it to general discussion.

I look forward to sharing this with you soon :smile:

11 Likes

Finally succeeded in getting a gift from Gisela. Will she be an RO in part 2?

Will there be any expansion of Rachel’s character in part 2?

Given that she has also spent most of her life in a low magic area, is their any chance Rachel is a supernatural as well?

What will the political response to a fully human keeper be?

Is it possible more powers will manifest as a result of the experiment that made us a keeper?

Now that we are known as a keeper, will we have some significant role during the solstices or other supernatural holidays?

Has our old RA resigned because he can’t take another year of Thalia?

Have you figured out who is going to be Thalia’s new roommate?

Are any of Kol’s siblings old enough to attend the school?

I think unattached protagonists should be propositioned by Cressida, unless our we are oriented towards men only.

I also think with everything that happened last year, and with his sister directly involved in the last battle, it would make sense for Altair to go thru an over protective brother phase, and drive astrid crazier.

We know that Gisela and Yakova preform some secret missions. Is it possible Gisela could be assigned as a guard and move in. Since there are 2 spots(one person is always left without a roommate and Kol is out of commission) Katia could even come with her.

2 Likes

Hi, everyone! A round of bug fixes just went out today. The only known error still remaining is the Katia romance bug in Chapter 6. If you spot any other errors, please let me know!

Yes.

That’s a definite possibility.

It varies depending on the person’s species among other things. 5-15 is the usual range.

@Disciple
The main 10 ROs (the ones in the first game) will each have entire romance/friendship subplots in the sequel. If Gisela were to become an RO, she wouldn’t have an entire subplot, she would have more of a romance like in the first game.

There will be an opportunity to learn more about MC’s former friends in the sequel. Rachel is human which doesn’t preclude her from being related to supernatural.

The public response to a human keeper would be negative.

It’s possible more powers will manifest, yes. MC will have a role in the solstices.

MC will have a chance to finally meet their RA in the sequel. She hasn’t resigned, although she very strongly considered it.

I’m still going back and forth re: Thalia’s roommate. Kol will be returning at some point, but until then I can’t decide whether to

• give her a random, normal roommate that’s not plot important but will have some one-liners about being stuck with the main characters
  • give her a plot important character as a roommate
  • not give her a roommate

All of Kol’s siblings are too young to attend Magi.

Thank you for all of the suggestions!

22 Likes