Journey of the Chess Master (WIP) [5k words]

um? Is this the demo? Because its a little… short…

3 Likes

Did you read the post before mine?

I’ve said multiple times that right now it just includes the glossary, stats, and achievements. Since many people aren’t all that familiar with chess lingo, I thought it’d be useful to post what I’ve got so far.

1 Like

Ah ok. Sorry, I saw the “3k” words bit in the tittle and assumed there was already a chapter or something done.

I’m not sure if I’ve ever watched a chess match (I could end the sentence there but I shall continue) where I looked at the players and thought, “Damn they would be sexy without all that cumbersome clothing!”

Seriously, I like the idea of a more cerebral game, and this sounds like a huge step in that direction. So many of the games are focused more on physical action.

5 Likes

No problem! It’s understandable. Usually my chapters are anywhere from 10-40k.

@HornHeadFan

When chess masters make brilliant sacrifices and checkmates in the middle of the board I think it’s sexy AF. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, I’m excited about it. It’s like a heavy weight wrestling match but of the mind instead of the body.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right about that, I also like games that makes you think, something strategic and smart where your choice really matters(each chess move is crucial and one mistake can mean defeat)
I also love smart RO characters I rarely see those in other CoG’s(They always create them as a handsome,charismatic person with a toned beautiful body who wants you so badly). I believe this game can provide some really good plot,choices and smart witty characters.

What I meant on the “Chess Strip” was not really as a match in a competition, something non serious just for fun to spice it up a little bit "you and your “friend” just got to your hotel after losing/winning a match feeling bummed/ecstatic about the victory/defeat you decided to play chess to ease yourselves from the competition, while in the middle of that match you decided to make it more fun and interesting, you thought lets play Strip Chess and after explaining the mechanics he/she agree.
So the normal chess game became strip chess here you will be presented with some choices about the moves you’ll make If you lose nothing sexual will happen you’ll get naked he wins (and decides to make you his temporary Butler named Jeeves lol or something like that ) but if you win he/she will realize your superior chess competence and the finesse of your moves and you know the rest that will happen :wink: .

@Samuel_H_Young I noticed in the stats that there is a Dad 50% and a father 50% in the story did his parents get divorced and you can either stay loyal to your father or hate him for the divorce?

That’s actually because you have two male parents, so you call one Father and the other Dad.

1 Like

Omg!!! The heart button is broken from my continuous tapping :heart_eyes: can you name them? Aristotle and Dante it would be a nice name for them, I will do everything I can to help this WIP.

Perhaps you can add an achievement like beating a super chess software like Deep Blue vs Kasparov.

1 Like

I haven’t decided their names yet, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!

I had thought about that, but computers are vastly stronger than humans by now. The highest rating a human has ever got is nearly 2900 (Magnus Carlsen) whereas the highest rated computer is an unbelievable 3350. So maybe I’ll give the world champion the chance to compete against the top computer at knight odds or something.

I’d be a HUGE fan of this setting! Reminds me of the slightly older anime Hikaru no Go which follows a young boy as he grows toward being a grandmaster of the Japanese strategy game called Go.

Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes!

1 Like

Omg, I loved that manga X_X I never did finish it but it was really enjoyable. Yes, this will basically be like that but with chess.

1 Like

Hell yeah!

Ok, I’m super stoked for this now. You better not abandon me on this one, Samuel! I will haunt your family until I possess a game board and appear in front of your children to make them chess masters!

…wait.

Hmm…that may not be such a bad thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But no, haha, I’m definitely sticking with this one. I haven’t given up on a project yet (yeah, Kepler was just on a long hiatus but it’s actually due for an update in the next week or so) and this is probably one of the ones that I’m most excited about. Plus if I spend every day studying and playing chess, I may as well write about it.

True that. Write about what you know, right? I’ve been thinking about writing one myself, but getting the time while studying medicine is just…ugh. But, I bet people would love to try their hand at being a doctor in a game!

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be really tough. Very rewarding, though. I’d be interested in that.

In other news, I think I’m going to try to get chapter one out by sometime in January, and it will be about when you first learn to play at age 5, and then when you start to reveal yourself as a prodigy in kindergarten at the scholastic chess club.

1 Like

Chess + COG/Hosted? Yep. Someone don’t wake me up from this dream come true…

3 Likes

After a hiatus of about two years, I have resurrected this WIP with a small demo. Any feedback is very welcome!

7 Likes

Could I play this if I am very new with chess?

Hey, i’m interested in a game, being addicted to chess as i am.
Everyone hates to play with me, i tend to lock the game with Petrov’s defense. I wonder why they feel that way :smiling_imp:

I’ll play an agressive player in this one, don’t worry. Unless you’re making a Petrov’s Defense so i can turn every competition in an endless pit of despair :smirk: (Do it, please)

Now, good thing i saw this post. I forgot completely to watch Sangatsu no Lion, time to check how many episodes i missed.