Jolly Good: Tea and Scones

I was reading a poem by Emily Dickinson today and it reminded me of this title, and of the things the last game might bring us. The poem is a short one, so I figured I’d post it for y’all’s delectation:

Wild Nights!

Wild Nights - Wild Nights!
Were I with thee
Wild Nights should be
Our luxury!

Futile - the Winds -
To a Heart in port -
Done with the Compass -
Done with the Chart!

Rowing in Eden -
Ah, the Sea!
Might I but moor - Tonight -
In Thee!

8 Likes

Chapter Four is now done, at long last! It is with my editor, and no doubt it will need some revisions, but for now, I can move on to outlining Chapter Five.

So I’m halfway done–the tea is made. Now I have to bake the scones.

38 Likes

What are you implying here ??? :eyes:

Oh there’s a bunch of names (besides Fitzie) which I don’t recognize!! Is one of them rlly named butler ? :thinking:

Also, congratulations for finishing chapter 4. Wooo!!!

6 Likes

Personally i think it is a terrible idea, the characters’ personality is most different, as well as the setting.

Jolly Good is kind of happy go lucky type of adventure, and wayhaven is too driven on protagonist’s legacy or mandate

6 Likes

Ever since I heard of Archie Meets the Punisher, I’ve believed that any crossover is possible.

3 Likes

I understand that, what i meant was a logically and non-forced crossover , if we want to force any sort of crossover, we could but based on individual perspective , many would be non-logical , we might have to alter some personality or background just to suit a crossover , we could have a star wars meet lord of the rings with some time travel perspective , but i don’t think die hard fans will appreciate that.

basically , some will like it and some won’t , there is no clear right or wrong for any crossover.

i do think Matrix and John wick saga crossover is logical, because the actors are similar and John wicks apply out of world actions which only Matrix dream world could have

1 Like

I should probably replay Cakes and Ale at some point. :thinking:

4 Likes

The semester is essentially over for me: final essays are graded, and my last classes are taught, and now I am about to get into the biggest writing time of the year. From now till early September, I’ll be writing for a bunch of hours every week day, and I’ll be zooming along.

I’ve finished the revisions on Chapter Four, and today, I finished the Chapter Five Interlude that opens the chapter. Chapter Five is going to have a lot of romance and revelations about the game’s big plots, and I think it’s likely to be the chapter that has the most replayability. I may well be working on it all summer long.

35 Likes

Secrets??? SECRETS?!

3 Likes

Naturally secrets, and loads of them to discover for the perceptive, lucky, or clever character. And for unperceptive, unlucky, and dimwitted characters, there will be plenty of others secrets to stumble blindly into, fail to understand until it is far far too late, or completely misinterpret, which should be fun as well.

Blurring minor details of Chapter Five below.

Chapter Five has four major areas, and you may start in any of the four, and then, after the first tick of time, you may travel between them pretty freely.

However, to make the choice of where you start meaningful, there is an adventure only available to you when you start in an area. I’m writing the adventure now for those characters who start in the house during chapter five, an adventure which will help you get to know Melora Sham a little bit better. My plan is to make each of the four adventures feel really beefy–almost like a mini-chapter on its own.

Chapter Four is largely about social interaction; chapter five will have some of that, but have more daring adventure, peril, and mischief. The house will appeal most of all to characters who specialize in Observe, Skullduggery, and/or Intellect but with plenty to do for characters who specialize elsewhere, of course.

24 Likes

I heard someone calling me.

Ah, yes. The saga of Ethel the Unready, Unlucky and basically Unconscious continues.

15 Likes

We shall partake in a diminutive amount of buffoonery.

8 Likes

I think you’re overestimated majority of the MCs here….

…… that’s more like it !!!

who is this ? :eyes:

…… out of all my three MCs I think only one of them would pass :skull:

YOU CAN’T JUST DROP IT HERE AND NOT ELABORATE!

2 Likes

A new and entirely trustworthy addition to the series, along with the no-doubt-delightful Robin Fraude! We shall all be the best of friends!

Ethel is, in many respects, indescribable. I did find this portrait of her father, if you’re interested - there’s quite a family resemblance.

2 Likes

What a handsome fella, Ethel is lucky to have him as a father :grin:

And who is this? :thinking:

I’m not sure yet, but their name sort of sounds like Robin Hood, so they’re probably a roguishly charming do-gooder type. There’s so much in a name!

I’m not so sure they sound like they dabble on scandal-inducing money-making schemes

1 Like

Those are simply vicious, unfounded rumors, I’m sure. :wink:

:rofl::see_no_evil::rofl:

I dunno I feel like you’re covering for that utterly devious fella. I think you’re being seduced :pensive: