Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale Free-for-All Discussion Thread Where Spoilers May Appear

SOBBSS can’t wait for this game :sob:

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a game with 1 mil words? Or was that considered a Hosted Game?

1 Like

I believe that was Tin Star, so Hosted.

2 Likes

Ya Tin Star and Magikiras (1.4 and 1.1 million respectively) were both hosted games

3 Likes

There’s two? I have a lot of reading to do!

I hope our dear author also considers a gold, platinum or director’s cut version then as I really don’t like the feeling of being nickled and dimed and I like paying my bank fees even less and doing one relatively larger purchase saves me about 10 cents in financial transaction blood-money that we have to pay our banks since they were bailed out in the last “crisis” they caused in the first place. :unamused:

4 Likes

I will bought it for sure I want that good writers being successful to writing ever more. And Gower is a good patient writer that can read mara ramblings and give advice so I am team gower!

2 Likes

Update:

Hey jolly good fans,

I’m still plugging away at this thing, every day. I’m about 1/3 through Chapter Six. Originally I thought I was going to be done at the end of this summer, but I think, based on my current progress through my outline, it’s going to be more like the end of the year, realistically, and considering how much continuity work and revision work I’ll need to do. I’ll continue updating the first post in this thread with word count and progress, and let you know if there’s any exciting and/or shocking news!

49 Likes

Will there be a commentary-version, too? Like in Midsummer Night’s Choice?

It was really delightful to read background information.

5 Likes

I can pretty safely say that there won’t be a commentary version for the Jolly Good series. The Midsummer one was fun to write, but the ratio of time to remuneration wasn’t great, let’s say. I’d rather use that time to write more games!

8 Likes

I mean there is this forum that you do frequent as an author and where the occasional bit of commentary can be provided if and when you feel like it. :wink:

7 Likes

That’s my favorite kind. Always up for that!

8 Likes

And huggings cheers and a bit of mayhem could be good to disconnect @Gower :hugs:

5 Likes

Also, I was wondering if your future interactive novels might also include disabled characters representing their perspective a bit? Especially since you mentioned that the later parts might be playing during wartimes (If my brain did not make up that bit, that is, whoops), it would be kind of fitting?

iirc it was mentioned that this world kind of exists in a bubble and that the wars wouldn’t really be a thing that ever came into play…?

could be wrong though of course

Probably not as a major character in these next few unless I develop a fun but minor character a bit more, but it’s something I’ve been turning over in my mind for another project. Stay tuned (like, long-term tuned) for that one.

Yes, these games are decidedly set between the two world wars, and more importantly exist in a sort of pastoral dream-like version of the 1930s where true evil and sorrow cannot wholly penetrate.

18 Likes

What’s a funny name for a loathsome cocktail made of tomato juice, creme de menthe, grenadine, and sparkling water?

7 Likes

The funny fact there is a similar cocktail here including black liquorice vodka tomato and mint… But the name is not for all publics lol…

3 Likes

The Minty-Red Sparkling Tongue Twister

4 Likes

Lol meanwhile my mind were thinking in other endeavours lol … Sometihing like Red mint … Climax grenade… I am bad with names