January 2022's Writer Support Thread

All chapters finished of Invite Only, going through revisions and bug fixes now. Will likely take a break for a while after this one.

11 Likes

Done (+2,000) and done (not quite 10k but 9-something, so Iā€™m calling it good enough!)

Welcome back to the returners, and congrats to everyone who moved forward this month, no matter the amount. For those of us who didnā€™tā€”hereā€™s to next month. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My January wasā€¦ not super productive. I did start making progress on the tough part (a nightmare sequence) of chapter 6, but I didnā€™t finish it, both the chapter and the hard part. My lack of progress is proving very frustrating, Iā€™m still passionate about my writing project, and I have no intention of abandoning it. I just canā€™t find the inspiration/desire to writeā€¦ despite knowing what to write. Anyone got any tips on how to get that spark of inspiration back?

4 Likes

Itā€™s harder for me to write each month than it used to be. My work-work takes more time each month; more pay but more work, and itā€™s quite difficult to write during that time. I also have some obligations as a tournament organizer for a game on a discord server, and being in a guild with irl friends on another, an MMO. Yet, thereā€™s time- it might not be quite what Iā€™d like for it, but it will always be worth keeping in mind that something is more than nothing.

Thank you Lucid, thank you Havenstone!

@Red_Eyes Iā€™m actually surprised there havenā€™t yet been any completed isekai style choice games yet, afaik. The idea of it has been in my head for quite a while now as something that would be a hit for someone to pull off, because isekais are so popular at a broader level and one in CS format would be a novelty for whatever portion of that broader audience it reaches. First come first serve, but even beyond that, isekais are done to death but still much beloved; Iā€™m pretty darn sure that would hold true for CS variety as well. : ) Absolutely go for it, imo.

10 Likes

I donā€™t have the ability to get a steady schedule of updates going right now, which sucks.

I overall feel like rewriting the WIP I have going because I feel like itā€™s lacking something. Idk.

I feel like itā€™s not very good.

I wanna add more personality defining choices down the line.

I wanna make the stats screen prettier, but Iā€™m stuck on mobile so doing that is proving extremely difficult.

1 Like

I harbor a deep seated resentment of Tolkien and his wasted usage of elves. So much more could have been done, explored. I desire to outshine his legacy, one day. Though the fantasy novel I am working on is paused at the moment, I have 12 different species of elves with their customs, traditions and cultures.

3 Likes

1 Like

It drives me.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: December 2023ā€™s Writer Support Thread