Ironheart - Discussion Thread

Depends on what your wanting but if your wanting troops then the castle upgrades to max to get the most troops as possible as quick as possible.. I will caveat though upgrades for your question you can only do a limited number of them if I recall correctly the general average that can be managed depending on choices is around 6 total.

As to the archon it’s mostly flavor text but I have a preference for going with the scythes type for the weapon arms since great against troops and other mechs. I would also recommend the heavy armor as well it can help as well deeper into the game more fights can happen and you get the chance to get specialty upgrades. my personal preference is the gyro one that keeps you upright.

In simple count that’s the general gist but there is more things and nuance and what your trying to accomplish for story can vary based on choice and which faction your going for.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to unlock the early canon upgrade for the archon? All i get is the Greek Fire Tubes and Scythes and Polearm and Flail. Are there any other weapons besides these?

1 Like

Lol while that would be a interesting weapon to have and wield it’s not a possible option in the game. It’s been a long time so I don’t recall if the Author ever fielded such a question and if they had what there response was.

I just know from my numerous play throughs cannons aren’t really a thing in this alternate earth world.

1 Like

What about rams, catapults, picks and axes? Because all the weapons i get are the spinning double Scythes, hammer , Polearm , morning stars and mace. That’s all the options.

To my best memory you won’t ever see such save one time where you can see a ram at a siege but really who needs them when you have giant medieval mechs that can do the same thing lol .

How do I find the mongols?

1 Like

First you will need a high otherworldly stat(or whatever it is called). That will eventually allow you to meet a certain old man in the mountains, and then through clues you will need to impress him, best way is to guess what is in the tomb. Then he will introduce you to the Mongols … but be prepared this is a pretty evil route.

2 Likes

You can go for the peace ending of you meet the mongols

You need a high otherworldly stat which is easy to get and will be approached at various moments in the game that can set you down the path to meeting them. One aspect could be evil if want to think of it that way the other path leads you to betraying the mongols. I will say if you want to get the harder ending of going back into the future you will need to side with mongols to even have a chance.

2 Likes

Question. Does Leader mean that you’re the creator of this company or something?

Oh dear, no. The Owner of COG is Jason. Leader is like a mini moderator? Then you have the real moderators like Eiwynn and Hannah.

Ah, understandable. Thanks for the clarification cuz I was like, this is the first “Leader” I’ve seen on the forums in all my years of lurking :sweat_smile:

Leader just means that he’s a trusted member of the community who helps keep conversations entertaining and productive, and has a couple of tools for signaling the mods or locking threads when a problem arises.

I’ve enjoyed this game very much.

2 Likes

This game had a good balance between challenge/complexity - reward/simplicity, as well as some great characters and an optimistic worldview. The respectful relations between Christians and Muslims are perhaps closer to The Talisman than much of the history, but it’s a balanced picture overall, and peace in the Middle East is certainly a worthy dream. The hobbies, religions and personality scores were good for character customisation. The Sparrows were a bit odd, since the Cathars supposedly believed all sex was gross and wrong; they’re clearly very traumatised, but that makes it even weirder for the MC or Ygraine (who was lovely) to sleep with them.

4 Likes

How do you unlock the basketball achievement? I’ve got all the others, can set up basketball game but not play in it even with high otherworldly score.

Wow something i dont recall ever hearing about whelp guess its time i go exploring yet again lol

1 Like

Found it. The basketball game at the Tournament du Ciel was a complete red herring, you can set up and win basketball in chpt 6 by schmoozing with nobles.

2 Likes

Ahh okay that would explain it lol not part of my normal choice path when i replay the game.

The game is certainly filled to the brim with interesting content, which isn’t segregated into too many paths, and certainly doesn’t make the game cumbersome or bloated. While conquering the Holy Land as a Crusader or Muslim would’ve been an interesting option (though much more moral for the crusaders to be sent home than the Muslims slaughtered), it’s an excellent conclusion that there are no victors in war, except for the Mongols. There are some comments finding fault with only a Caliphate MC being able to romance Sana, but ROs should have preferences of their own rather than saying yes to any MC who asks them. Being willing not to kill people with a different religion and willing to marry them are very different things. Tonzo was wonderfully eccentric as well.

4 Likes