Ironheart - Discussion Thread

@Pistonpunk lol no worries on the mongols bit general rule of thumb when wanting to encounter them. Which I will caveat right now it’s been a bit since I’ve played so it just comes naturally for me when I play. Is to have your otherworldly stat high and take options that go against the norms of the new worlds day. It will draw the attention of the assassin’s leader and through him and correct choices interactions with the mongols. as well give you interaction with a certain doctor and knowledge of what happened among other things.

Is there any way to Romance Princess Isabella? Like actually marry her because in my play through she keep getting married off to someone else

Yes, IIRC you need high renown and influence with the papacy.

Edit: I saw the choice and you need at least 70 influence with the Papacy.

Thanks, I got it she brought a generous dowry with her. I was hoping for more but thank you for help

What are the most important stats and can you raise them later?

@Adam_Cay that depends on your play style and far as raising them those that affect stat checks that’s mostly towards the start but opourtunitys do exist based off your choices later on if I recall correctly.

2 Likes

Go piloting or engineering skill choices if you want to dominate the mech combat otherwise the one stat I would raise the most is otherworldly. It opens more routes in my opinion. But honestly the key is to be pretty focused on whichever path you want to take. I would say the only way to get a truly bad experience would be to try and be a jack of all trades.

4 Likes

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on romancing Sana? It seems a bit impossible to achieve that one compared to the rest.

You need to be on the Muslim side to romance her.

2 Likes

Easy to romance once you realize this is a requirement.

Also side with her mother as well lol

So I’m loving the game so far, but I’m having a bit of an issue when it comes to combat. Does the technician skill in anyway affect how well you do in combat, such as finding weaknesses in enemy Archons, or is it just for maintenance? If technician does not affect combat, does piloting? Finally, do the fighting and athlete skills only affect person vs person combat or do they also affect archon combat? Thanks in advance to anybody who answers!

Edit: Besides talker, what skills should I invest in if I generally try to help others and keep the peace?

If memory serves me, the technician skill affects things such as upgrading your archon, or helping to convince others to do it for you. Piloting is the main attribute for archon combat, though practicing at your estate with your archon helps as well. The fighting and athlete skills do not affect archon combat.

As for peace, the main thing you can do is to work towards it with your choices. Try and contain the fire eaters. Also revealing that the mongols intend to invade helps. Having a common enemy is a great reason to forge bonds.

@BubbaJubbs it’s actually rather easy to fight and win as a archon and for the most part exspecially since it’s ingrained in my head what moves I need to do to succeed from playing the game so much lol

But as was mentioned the technician helps with the upgrading and potential for upgrades to archons and your own. It’s my normal choice as a primary actually

Pilot can help but the biggest difference is in the flavor text through out the story one of the notable being for what can be a upgrade for your fief.

Doctor is much the same way and can have a huge impact in a story element if you find the son

In the end the choices can open and close some story paths so it comes down to what your wanting out of a playthrough. As well what kind a of story text will result from those choices.

Now to the fighting and athletics yep they can help in combat in archons in certain situations and choices but will be honest at least for most playthroughs I don’t even do anything at all with the talker skill.

So would you suggest forgoing the talker skill altogether and just doing technician/doctor/pilot?

IIRC you only need Pilot and Doctor >= to 30. Technician gets the best upgrades and can upgrade their merch at their own fief. So Tech > everything else.

Yeah it would be my suggestion going with forgoing talker skill because from my memory it just doesn’t alter the story enough nor give enough of a boost to do anything with lol

So it boils down to what your going for in the story and what things you want to find out or see in a playthrough.

Like I said before I can pretty much win fights in the mechs asleep as tech and doctor even and I don’t recall there being a noticable difference in the combat itself going pilot it’s more of a story text difference that’s possible in my opinion.

Yet I think I might run through again a few times to check the more obscure choices lol or at least the ones I don’t normally pick.

As to the doctor skill being 30 that previous poster mentioned. You actually need 35 for that one skill where it really matters in saving the life of the son if memory serves right or hasn’t had a update to the skill check. So it requires playing doctor getting a base of 60 or through the creation process making the conscious effort to pick the two sub choices that get your stat up to 36 for that route.

But like I said before it’s up to what your trying to do in the story and wanting to see in a play through :smiley:

For me I lean towards tech, doctor, pilot in that order in a play through.

1 Like

Thanks for such a detailed response! I almost always go a smart/persuasive guy in most games, but I’m glad to hear I don’t really need to focus on the talker skill before I got very far.

1 Like

No problem if have any other questions allways happy to help lol

Hey man, I’ve got another few questions for ya if you wouldn’t mind giving me some more info. I’ve just taken over Guillaume’s keep and was wondering what upgrades should be done ASAP and which can wait. Also, what upgrades would you recommend for our Archon? I figured poleaxe would be good for range and hammer for blunt attacks, but I’m unsure if they’ll actually affect anything.