iOS 16.4 just released today. If you upgrade to it, you can sign up for push notifications from this forum.
To do it, you have to “Add to Home Screen” first. The instructions are as follows:
- Scroll to reveal the URL bar
- Tap the Share button (the box with an up arrow)
- Scroll the Share Sheet to reveal the “Add to Home Screen” button
- Tap on “Add to Home Screen”
- Tap the “Add” button in the upper right corner
- Tap on the new app icon you just made
- You’ll be logged out; sign in again (I recommend “Sign in with Apple”)
- Tap the “Enable Notifications” banner to sign up for push
Previously, iOS users could subscribe to push notifications from “Discourse Hub,” a separate app for iPhone/iPad. The Discourse Hub still works, and will continue to work for some time, but you might prefer to receive notifications this way.