Interest Check Thread

Hi friends! I’ve been working on an IF that’s nearing the demo posting stage called Folksaga & wanted to share it with you all / gather some feedback on the idea :slight_smile: Here’s a quick synopsis:

You are a human. A totally normal one.

Honestly.

You’re a human. You’re a bartender, which is a very normal job for a human to have, and when you walk down the winding streets of Akureyri you can blend seamlessly into any crowd of people which is, without question, only something that a human could do.

The fact that you came here two years ago with nothing but the clothing on your back doesn’t mean anything; you’re hardly northern Iceland’s first wayfaring soul. That you had no money to your name, no friends or family to speak of — that’s a fairly average human thing, too. And that little craving you have, that quiet urge to dig your teeth into any passing stranger’s throat? It’s completely, entirely mundane.

It’s manageable. You’re managing.

Or you were, until someone — someone who’s decidedly not as good at this human thing as you are — begins leaving a trail of dead bodies at your doorstep, and a trio of god-like siblings take a seat at your bar.

(Ragnarök might have marked the end of the Norns, but that doesn’t mean your fate died along with them.)

Features:
  • Customize MC’s name, appearance, and gender identity.
  • Three mythical creatures from Scandinavian folklore to choose from for the MCs background. The different origins have unique appearance quirks (eg. a forest warden with a hollowed-out tree trunk for a back), different bonuses to stats, and will have significant differences in certain dialogues/scenes throughout the story.
  • Five romance options - 2 male, 2 female, 1 non-binary - available to all MCs. ROs include the three children of Thor, your also-super-normal-human-definitely-not-anything-weird coworker, and the shadow you keep seeing in your nightmares.
  • Multiple paths & endings, some significantly happier than others. Oops.

More info is on my Tumblr for anyone curious! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts xx

42 Likes

I look forward to your demo @widogast!

2 Likes

Sounds interesting! I look forward to undertaking a completely normal and unremarkable journey of various Human Things™.

5 Likes

Sounds excellent, and I can’t wait to try it out.

3 Likes

OHHHH this sounds FASCINATING!!! Eagerly awaiting the demo drop!

1 Like

@Eiwynn @StellarSkadi @Havenstone @Graceful-Not Ahhhhh, thank you all so much! Honestly I’ve been very nervous that the concept would be a little too out-there to click with people, so to see that’s not necessarily the case is a huge relief! Now I’m even more excited to share it with you guys soon :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

cough renowned cough (I think)

1 Like

Oh yeah totally missed that, ty

1 Like

Eagerly waiting for the demo :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Are you looking for a horror-romance game? Maybe a game that causes you to think through puzzles to save your and your friends’ life?

Well, look no more! Forest of Fear is set in Copper Cove, a town on the small side where you play a college student of any gender and sexual orientation. You and your group of friends go to a party only to end up face-to-face with a cannibalistic murderer. He gives you all 1 week to figure a way out of his mansion basement full of ghosts he’s butchered before you.

Collect the ghosts’ last belongings and free them, while trying to escape, and navigate your feelings for one of your friends!

Hopefully this will be released later this year! :))

7 Likes

Hey folks! Spinning up my first Hosted Games title just now and wanted to do an interest check. I’ve noticed people tend to be more fond of fantasy around here, so wanted to see if there’s an appetite for contemporary occult/horror/mystery with tech themes.

You don’t know if the ritual worked, but your code compiled, and a student is dead.

Your family disapproved when you dropped out of a prestigious university to attend a former polytechnic in the remote Scottish highlands, but to you, it was the oppertunity of a lifetime. Every auteur designer, genius coder and maverick artist involved in the games industry has come out of this secluded institution. Finally, this your chance to join them.

You intend to study programming, game design or computer arts, but what you’ll truly learn is occult coding, whether a game can kill, and how to love like the world is ending, because for the group of mad geniuses you’ve found yourself with, it might as well be.

Think The Secret History meets Bandersnatch.

Features:
  • Customizable appearance, gender and sexuality.
  • Three course options: programming, game design and arts.
  • Five love interests, with customisable genders, one of whom may be murdered.
  • Mysteries to solve, cryptograms to crack and rituals to take part in.
  • Multiple endings: send a murderer down for life, or help them get away with it.
13 Likes

As a big fan of escape rooms and closed circle mysteries, this sounds right up my street! Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would say fantasy is definitely very popular but there is a lot of appetite for dark academia. You should be OK!

personally I like dark academia a lot and frankly getting to study game design in the Highlands with near-guaranteed future industry success would be a personal power fantasy… The idea for the game sounds very appealing is what I’m saying :laughing:

1 Like

That’s great to hear! I’ve seen quite a few campus stories around (your own included - Creme de la Creme was my introduction to CoG :heart: ) so had hoped that might appeal.

Hehehe, guaranteed success…at what cost? :drop_of_blood:

1 Like

Howdy, I got another idea I’ve been cooking for a while from way back. The title so far is “Parent of the Prophecy”.

Here’s the synposis: In a world ravaged by conflict and steeped in ancient prophecies, you find yourself as a humble farmer, living peacefully away from a perilous past. But when fate brings the Chosen Child, a prodigious individual with unimaginable powers, into your care, your life takes an unexpected turn. Nurture and train this extraordinary child. Raise them amidst the trials and tribulations of a realm torn apart. As the two of you navigate a world filled with political intrigue, magic, and war, you must face your past and lead the Chosen Child towards their heroic destiny. Will you be able to unlock their true potential and shape the fate of a kingdom? The future of a realm lies in your hands as you raise the Chosen One!

I’m drawing a lot of inspiration from “God of War (2018)”, “Elden Ring”, and a bit of the “Darkest Dungeon” games.

Here are some mechanic shenanigans. You’ll be able to choose from five different origin stories: Escaped Slave, Desperate Highwayman, Exiled Scholar, Disgraced Noble, and Wandering Survivor. Obviously not much joy here, but these different backgrounds also give various boosts to your child’s primary stats: Vigor, Dexterity, Wits, and Presence. There will also be various choices that shape your kid’s personality (stats)- Direct vs Elegant, Passionate vs Calm, Honorable vs Pragmatic.

There will be a basic elemental magic system- earth, water, air, fire- and a unique higher tier of magic that only your kid has access to- transmutation, blood magic, gravity magic, and light magic.

Here’s the broad strokes of the overall story I have so far- subject to change, of course:

• Chapter 1 - Origin: Unveiling the MC’s (you) diverse origins, finding a home, and discovering the existence of the Chosen Child.
  • Chapter 2 - Infancy: Witnessing the early stages of CC’s (Chosen Child) life, the manifestation of their magical abilities, and uncovering the prophecy surrounding their destiny.
  • Chapter 3 - Childhood: CC forming a bond with their first friend, navigating the challenges of growing up, and experiencing a life-altering incident.
  • Chapter 4 - Adolescence: Overcoming the aftermath of the incident, unveiling CC’s prodigious abilities, and receiving an invitation to the prestigious Zenith Academy.
  • Chapter 5 - The Academy: CC’s Orientation into the academy, engaging in correspondence with the MC from afar, and CC making new friends.
  • Chapter 6 - The Trials: CC progressing through the years, participating in the trials encompassing written tests, public festivals, and mock battles, culminating in a joyous celebration.
  • Chapter 7 - Archknight: CC ascending to the esteemed rank of Archknight, unraveling shocking revelations, and shedding blood in their first significant conflict.
  • Chapter 8 - War: CC confronting a web of conspiracies, the declaration of war, and bearing the weight of the impending conflict.
  • Chapter 9 - Hero: Standing as champions, engaging in the final battle against the Demon King, and leaving a lasting legacy that echoes through the realm.

The POV will frequently shift between you as the parent and you as the Chosen Child, but you’ll mostly be the parent.

As for the setting, well, flintlock pistols and muskets are usually overshadowed by the uncommon but not rare magic user. There are also elves, orcs, and “demons” living in the Zenuran Kingdom. Archknights are the highest ranking warriors in the Zenuran Army.

Here is the prophecy to summarize:

Beware the demon king’s wicked might,
A looming shadow, a festering blight.
But fear not, for a renegade’s love holds fast,
Nurturing a child, overcoming the past.

From the union of forbidden love, they came,
A testament to a realm still in pain.
Elements within their grasp, bestowed by right,
Harnessing the forces, shining bright.

Born with eyes that pierce the veil,
A sight unseen, beyond mortal pale.
With arm of scars, a mark of fate,
Yet coursing with power, strong and great.

Five hands are bound by destiny’s thread,
Their paths will entwine where darkness will spread.
Earth, wind, water, fire, and more,
Embracing unity, their spirits will soar.

Through battles fought, and hardships endured,
The prodigy will rise, destiny secured.
Chosen child, with spirit untamed,
Let hope run wild to immortalize your name.

Let me know what y’all’s thoughts are.

23 Likes

I just had a question, would CC’s adventures have impact on MC as a parent as the story progresses? It may just be me but it seems like MC’s story ends after chapter 4 and CC’s journey would be of the main focus. Would it not be better to expand upon the parent aspect?

1 Like

There will still be plenty of choices for the MC that affects CC (though not a lot of the other way around), like letters and advice and life on the farm. But yes, there will be more of a split POV between the two in the later chapters.

2 Likes

Magici: Worldstar is a contemporary fantasy romantic drama IF

[DEMO TBA]

Follow me on Tumblr for more info!

Magici: Worldstar

In a world where magic is alive, you’re one of the few lucky ones who can say they have actual powers instead of the weak energy most people possess. That’s because you’ve had your Awakening, the extraordinary event in which that fragile energy becomes magic.

Unfortunately, Magic Academies are expensive and hard to get into, so you’ve never had the resources to truly hone your powers.

That changes when you find out that one of the most famous and respected magic academies in the world, Magici Academy, is letting anyone* apply.

How? By joining the famous magic talent show, Magici: Worldstar, you get a free education at the Academy. The catch? Every week, you risk being eliminated**, effectively shattering the dream of a lifetime.

Will you excel, or will you be eliminated, perhaps by the viewers or because you weren’t on par with your fellow contestants?

*See full requirements at MagiciWorldstar.com

**Continued enrolment subject to Academy approval.

Features
  • Fully design your MC: pick your magic affinity, tv persona, gender identity, pronouns, sexuality, name, fashion style, personal goals, body mods, and many more!
  • Romance one of 6 ROs, or pursue casual flings
  • Will you focus on honing your magic, getting your grades up, winning the talent show, or simply charming the viewers?
  • Will you learn to control your powers, or succumb in this new and stressful environment?
  • Affect how the viewers, teachers, teammates, judges, and fellow students perceive you.
  • Affect how well your team does in the talent show, as well as the relationships between your teammates
  • Possibly win a talent show and get crazy rich and famous
  • Become the viewers’ sweetheart… or a pain in the ass ^^
  • Play matchmaker with your class-/teammates :heart:
❤︎ Romantic Options:

[RO appearances here] (not a rickroll this time I swear)

Martin: He comes from a long lineage of strong mages. Always the family’s black sheep, he seeks to make his family proud and finally show them he’s worthy of his last name. A gentle but intimidating giant, he doesn’t want to get too close to his fellow contestants, can you break down his walls?

Tropes: Stoic, Slow-Burn, Forced Proximity, Roommates, Afraid to Commit, Idiots in Love

Demetra: This one is a mystery. Your brother’s best friend, whom you’ve seen walking around your home since you were a teenager; however, she never made an effort to get to know you. When you see her at the Academy, you realise you know nothing about who she is. She says her only motivation to be on the show is knowledge, but will you show her she can find something other than that?

Tropes: Rivals to Lovers, Brother’s Best Friend, Idiots in Love, Everyone Can See It

Evander: Evander is a gifted individual with a big talent for magic, but he’s lazy. The definition of “He’s smart but he doesn’t apply himself”, he could care less about being in the academy. Their family has managed to force convince them to be on the show, the fame and money a big incentive. What they secretly hope is that he’ll come home as a new person and grow up. You won’t fix them, but you can sure seduce them. :wink:

Tropes: First Love, Fish Out of Water, Oblivious to Love, Pining

Harley: A social butterfly, it seems somehow she’s already friends with everyone at the Academy. Growing up around musicians made her love for music grow, as well as awaken her powers. She joined the show to make important connections and to get her name out there both as a talented musician and a powerful mage. Will you be just another friend for her or will you become her muse? 𝄞

Tropes: Friends to Lovers, Soft Love, Roommates, Idiots In love, Mutual Pining

Echo: Echo is extremely shy and often lost in her own thoughts. Her unique powers make her an intimidating rival and a strong teammate. However, she joined the show for a specific reason: she seeks to learn more about her unusual affinity. Other than that she hasn’t really been interested in getting to know anyone. Maybe you’ll be the exception and get to know the real Echo. :heart:

Tropes: Slow Burn, Mutual Pining, Idiots In Love, Strangers to Lovers, Hesitant, Crush on MC

Dominic: He is one of the judges at Magici: Worldstar, as well as a professor at the Academy. He is just another judge, and you’re just another contestant. Nothing to see here. :slight_smile:

Tropes: Forbidden Love, Fell In Love with The Wrong Person, Lovers in Denial

Other Contestants:

Bleon: They already have a reputation as a prankster around the Academy, having competed in Magici: Worldstar’s first season. Loved by the student body, hated by the professors, but you’ll be sure to like this menace.

Bruno: A shy but friendly presence in your team, he looks forward to getting to know you. After a quick conversation, you already know he aspires to become a respected landscape engineer by perfecting his ability to build and shape landscapes.

Brynn: She aspires to become a Nature Guardian, and to preserve harmony between humans and nature. It is slightly interesting then, that she seems to dislike you the moment she sets her eyes on you.

Chianti: He holds a little secret. Well, not anymore, 'cause I’m about to tell you. He’s just had his Awakening, a mere few months before his admission to the show. Will you help him develop his affinities or turn the other way, until he gets eliminated?

Nora: After losing her father to a magic-related incident, she understands that even the strongest healers can’t save themselves. She dreams of becoming a healer, but also a Guardian, thanks to her rare affinity combination.

Rahim: A disciplined and focused mage, no one in his family has had an Awakening. He hopes he’ll be able to get far in the show or to at least stay long enough to develop his powers.

Magici: Worldstar - Where dreams become Magic.

A Spellbound Entertainment© Production

[ DEMO COMING SOON… STAY TUNED ]

18 Likes

HELLO FELLOW FORUMERS

For those who have replied to my post like @Leinco , @Nahim_Kerman, and @11110 I’m back.
I had a post about what kind of mechanics you would like to see in a kingdom sim ,and I took your feedback into consideration.Thanks Guys.

I have another plea again,can you help me by
answering the Next Q?.
What kind of challenges you would like to see in a Kingdom Sim.
What I have been making is all gears and machins that run a Kingdom Sim and it is missing your answers of that Q?

Anything would be good , a threat ,fantasy ideas ,extinction level events.
I have ideas of my own and I would like to hear yours.
Thank you for reading Forumers, and also
most thanks to those whobwill take their time to reply to this Humble post to Thy Noblest Minds.

1 Like

I want a political challenge like factional conflict.

1 Like