Interest Check Thread

One of the games I am working on will have completely different branches. I’m not completely sure when I will have it ready for even a demo. For one, it acts as a backstory to a trio of siblings I nicknamed the Tree Dwellers, secondly there is a ton of material I plan on using with in the choices world that is actually in Zombiearth, but it will be in the same universe as the book series. Although the only characters you will be able to encounter at all will the the siblings. They are the only characters with plot armor and the story will take place before they become the Tree Dwellers.

In the books one of the sibling will reference the time with you and your group, but won’t go into too much detail so your choices will be canon. So far with the branching (minus dying) you can trek on your own or stick with the group. You first main goal is to reunite with your family/close friends, which I have it to where you actually get to choose their relationship and all of their names, so it will actually feel like you are in the game.

I plan on making every choice matter which will lead to more branching down the road, also it is very difficult to code such things. For now my ultimate goal is just for you to survive as long as you can in this zombie infested world. Real life scenarios such as pregnancy will be included.

I only have one book out in my series, book two is close to having the first draft done sometime in 2021 and I aim to do a hard release of the choices game somewhere around the time of book 3-5s release. But I will do a demo as soon as I feel comfortable with all the elements I implement. I released a short demo of a private investigator story I worked on, which is just the tip of the iceberg of it but it probably won’t have any major branching at all. But I also have one planned for an alternate world during a Roman Empire era, which will have completely different storylines to choose from, since there will be different social classes and sub-classes. You will be able to start your story off as a royal, a slave, or something in between.

So if either of these two ideas really catch your eye, I can try to work heavier on one or the other for a demo release. The Zombiearth one probably would be slightly easier, but there might be some elements missing from the final work that I want to implement. Right now I have focused more on the royal storyline for the Roman Era story. There will be a total of 8 social classes some of which have sub-classes.

I am fairly a n00b at choicescript, but I have been drawn to focus more energy working on these projects more than just my novels. I want to make all choices matter (which is very difficult in some circumstances by the way) I have few more ideas in the works also, but some of those would be more linear with the impacts of choice not creating a complete branch.

4 Likes