Integrating unusual font styles in-game

I’ve encountered this type of speech on a couple IF games, one of those a published game(Highlands and Deep Waters) and another WIP currently(Fell Star).

Y̴̪̹͉͙̼̲̗̘̓̿̌̾̂͆̍͝o̶̡͉̖̠̹͉̲̙̼͑̊͂͂ư̴̩͋̊̿̃̋̐̇͠r̵͙͕̋̿̄̉͘̚̚͜ ̷͔̯͙̹͍͇͈͖̱́̅̈́̒̈́̇t̶̲̭̝̺̪̦͍͒́̈́͋̔̿̈́̕ề̴̡̹̥͕͈̰͗͐̏̀͠x̸͙͠t̸̨̤͓͖̉ ̶̧̖̜̜̀͝g̶̯͌̅̈́́̐̂̂ơ̶̡̺͙̮͖̟̤̓̐̏͌̇̀͜ͅe̷̡̨̠͖͂̽s̵̘̞͕̠̽̌̈́̃̈́̔͂ ̷͉̈̍̀͑͋̀̔̄͛̏h̸͙͈͉̼̟͎̔̈́̈̑͂̚͜e̵͓̥̾͛͆͗̓̍r̵̨̲̅̉̈́͆ę̶͍̻̘̫̩̈́̄

I looked into the code, but failed to see a command. Ontop of that, it seems I have to run the text through some formatting software to make it compatible?

1 Like

You can copy-paste the text from a generator like this one, and it will work in the game. And most other places.

1 Like

I did try that. However, it doesn’t seem to work like that. The code looks something like this -

Edit - copy - pasting could change the content when i punch it in CSIDE, i did use a different generator, so I’m not sure. I have to check.

I can’t say how others did it, but I have used that one with no problems.

1 Like

i see. Thanks.

Ah, the wonderful, infamous glitch text.

Just an observation- I notice it seems as though you’re attempting to implement it for a page-break button? If you’re having trouble with that, try using it at a non page-break bit of text and see if the same problem occurs. I’d also be curious to hear what results come from all this, I like the idea of the glitch text in general and might like to use it at some point m’self. If you get it working right, post up how?

1 Like

Howdy. :beers:

Firstly, it’s not mine. I code-dived into an WIP and took an ss from there.

as Lady_Luck pointed out, a simple text generator sufficed. Simply copy the text from there and paste it in CSIDE or Notepad++ whichever you prefer, it works marvelously. I used it as both text and *page_break text alongwith punctuation marks to be absolutely certain. i feel quite stupid tho, i had thought it required a software or something.

Ah, no need to be ashamed. I haven’t really seen how to make it start and stop, though. Maybe my problem is that I’m just rolling with notepad. Old simple regular ol’ notepad. Here I figured it would require scripting to make it work.

Heh, too much thinking about the commands and spending hours coding makes the brain think like that.

Og Notepad you say? May the Legion go with you. I don’t have any idea if there’s separate run/stop features for it. But for Notepad++ you don’t need to add any separate commands. If in choice, ofcourse a *go_to or the likes, basically treat it as any normal text you type.

1 Like