Trying to add something like corrupted text to someone's speech?

So I had originally started planning something out for an idea outside of Choicescript, then I decided to start trying to do it here instead since it’s a text-based CYOA idea and I can handle this software better than others, but when copying the dialogue some of the characters have I realized there’s not an equivalent for the corrupted/demonic text look that you can use in word processors.
To clarify, here’s the sentence:

Į̵͈̅̓̈́͋̾͘f̴̡̙̘̺̝̝̝̩͇̔͊̎̿͐̆́̕ ̶͇̘͑̈́͗̎͘ỷ̵͚̘̥̯̌̈͝͝ͅơ̶̩̤̻̊̂͗̿͠ũ̸͕̒̉̍͛̕ ̵̘̐̎ẁ̴̳͇̳̘͇̗͗o̸͉̹̭̥̩̖̖̽̍u̶͔͔̖̤͓̓̇̕͜l̴̰̇̈́̋̐̋̚͠͠͠ḑ̷̢̢͉̙̻̞̖͆͛͐̚ ̴̨̹̪͖͇̇̒͛p̸̖̙̗̋̑r̷̢̛̮̼͇͚̣̟̥̝̆̏̀̽͋̈̿ȇ̸̙͈̦̦́͝f̸̨̢̢̠̘̝̪͇͓̀̈́̏̂̈́͘͠e̵̩͊͆͂͑̏̋̄̓͝r̵̖͗͗̽̄̇̍ ̷̡̧̩̭̮̙̘͌̏̀́͘͘͠t̷̜̼͎͚̜̰̀ọ̶̡̜̗͍͉͖͓̌́̾̓͊͠ ̷̡̯̙̲͚̬̜͙͙̓͒͑̎r̷̬̯̿̀e̸̡̧͔̰͛̇̈̕͠t̴̩̠̀͐̇̉͋͘u̶͕͚͑͂̏̚r̶̥͖̦̓̓̃̕n̷̥̤̙̪̹̣͐̔̽̆͂̕͠͝ ̶͉̜̫͓͕̜͊̈́̓́̌̓͐̐̂t̶̨̰͎͕͒o̶̧̡̭̘̻̟͋̿̅͂̑ ̷̡̯̹̗̺͍̈͆̋̈͆̓͑̚͜t̵̝̦̝͔̮͌̈́̅h̸͍͙͖̼̻̦̹̟̓́̿̐͐̆͑̕̕ͅė̶͉͈̆̈́͐̽ ̶̨͖̜̻̤͚̱̯͈̒̂́ V̷̜̳͍̑̕ỏ̶̦̍̍̓̈́i̶̡͖͍̦̼̱͔̥͋͌̑̎̒̃̂͝d̸̡̬̺̺̘̖͌̾͒͊.̵̢͒̓̍̿̓̓̈́͝͠ͅ.̵͖̊̐̈́̿͊́̑̔͘.̴̧̫͙͖̲̬̿̍͐̑̓̈́͘

It kinda doesn’t have the same impact to just bold and italics it, but idk what else I could do to it? Looks like I can’t even superscript.

2 Likes

A quick fix it occurs me could be to put that corrupted text as an image.

1 Like

Ask the Passenger Author

1 Like

@pimenita has corrupted text in their game. They might be able to tell you how they did it.

4 Likes

Looks fine to me. I simply copied your post and slap it into my WIP intro.

Italicized and Bolded (bolded? Beld?).

3 Likes

I’m not sure that you can use that in a published game though? (Best speak to COG directly, but no mods that I’m aware of are currently supported unless implemented by COG themselves into the finished game.)
You could just use png images and add them instead of text. If you’ve got a lot of them it’d be annoying, but if they’re just here and there, easily do_able. (Make sure to use the text image command with the plain text afterwards so it reverses with screen colour and can be read by screen readers.)

1 Like

This isn’t achieved via any mods. In fact, unicode itself allows such rendering possible, so I believe you don’t need CoG’s permission to put it in your game in case of hardware/software compatibility – unless it’s about aesthetic design.

3 Likes

Huh ok :slight_smile: I was always under the impression that the only text styles that were allowed were the ones in the CS package, but if it allows it without needed to mess with the code it might be ok then.

It’s more like messing your own code rather than tinkering the CS package. It should be fine.

1 Like

And then make sure you’re saving the text file as UTF-8.

2 Likes

This will almost certainly mess with screen readers/accessibility though.
I imagine CoG would care on that front, at least.

3 Likes

Come to think of it. Is it possible to put “custom voiceline” where the screenreader plays said sound/voice rather than reading the screen when it reaches a certain section of the HTML? Not strictly in CS.

Simply copy normal text and covert in to zalgo text

https://zalgo.org/

T̵̡͈̼̠̬͇̞̯̳̦͍̗͐͋h̴̢͓͙̮̊̔̾̇́̓̉͆̏͘̕̚i̷̢̲̝̣̎̊̃̏̊̄͝͝s̸̛̫̦͇̩͙̦͚͒͑̒ ̷̺͚̑͠i̸͇̮̓ṡ̵̹̳̗͖̔͌͊͒ ̸̟̻͙̹͐͛̈́z̶̡̥̠̖̲̭̳̙̯̙̮̣͊̆̇̂͌a̷̤̜̼͍̓́̃̄̿̓l̷̥̱̬̳̰̱̲̹̲̑ḡ̵̠̝o̷̖̜̘̯͕͇̻̱͉͊̾͐̓͒̐͂̀̏͌̊̈͋ ̸̨̣̼̼̩̗̖̯̹̾̒̂͐́t̸̨͙̺̦̼͚̫͔̆͛̓̓̊͐̋̌͗͛͝͠ë̶̛̲̼̭̲̙̈́̇́̈́̃̇̌́̌x̸͍̠̞͉̹͖̝͉̩̲̪͐͆̿̊̃́̆t̷̛̺͒̓͗͑̋̀̅̄̿̃̏